Dowd

foxy said:
The linesman was awful on the Colin Bell Stand side of the pitch. Could keep up with the run of play at all.

the linesman opposite the colin bell , missed 3 blatant boro offsides ,in the first 30 minutes of the game , it makes you wonder if the officials have an affinity with the underdog sometimes or if they are just incompetent

squirtyflower said:
tonea2003 said:
just out of interest

since season 2011-12 dowd has reffed us 17 times

won 11
drew 3
lost 3

the losses

the charity shield v utd
2-4 v villa in the league cup
and yesterday
Have you deliberately missed the league cup semi, probably included it as a draw, as we were doing ok until fat fill introduced the new concept of handball from a wicked deflection

the game ended 2-2 and in my book that is a draw!
and why would i deliberately miss out a result?
my point is we aint done too bad when he has reffed us.
for the record i don't think dowd is any cop as a referee, period.

cookster said:
Ric said:
I'm no fan of Dowd, and feared the worst when he was appointed. Gave us little in the first half, but then seemed to give a lot of soft decisions our way in the second half, until the last five minutes. Anyone blaming him for our defeat today, though, is being ridiculous. We deserved to lose regardless of the ref. The linesman, on the East Stand side, was awful though.

Standard Bluemoon response when we get beat. Blame someone else!
No one is blaming him for the defeat but we should be entitled to a reasonable refereeing performance.

I watched the game live on Setanta Sports here in Ireland, and couldn't believe how bad Dowd was. I am not offering up excuses for our second half display, but I am certain we would have won that game had he given the penalty for the handball by Ayala. His facial and arm expressions when Kun went down in their box in the second half said it all - we weren't getting anything off him yesterday. He even booked Kompany for a "foul" on their winger when Kompany had been the one to have been fouled initially. It was reminiscent of the decision by Mason to send Kompany off at Hull last season when he had first been fouled by Jelavic. A shocking display of refereeing which only served to encourage Middlesbrough and discourage us

Prestwich_Blue said:
cookster said:
Ric said:
I'm no fan of Dowd, and feared the worst when he was appointed. Gave us little in the first half, but then seemed to give a lot of soft decisions our way in the second half, until the last five minutes. Anyone blaming him for our defeat today, though, is being ridiculous. We deserved to lose regardless of the ref. The linesman, on the East Stand side, was awful though.

No one is blaming him for the defeat but we should be entitled to a reasonable refereeing performance.

It was a shit refereeing performance over all, he's not fit to referees, lazy attitude towards reffing games because he is fat, what do you think his attitude is like towards his officials?

Why has the FA allowed this fat moron to continue to ruin matches when he's obviously not fit enough. He looks like MR Blobby waddling around the park.
Still no excuse for our poor performance though.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again. Lose some weight you fat gremlin!

Do the FA pay him in pork pies??? Shocking excuse of a referee.

He's an embarrassment to the refereeing profession

I mean, for gods sake, the clown can't even run

On a side note. Yesterday and last week, an opposing player was booked for time wasting
after he had taken a free kick and we had possession. WTF does he get the ball back to take it
again and waste more time ??????????

Prestwich_Blue said:
cookster said:
Ric said:

He's a c**t Col. It pretty much passed under the radar because we beat West Ham on the final day anyway, but that fat fuck did his level best to try and hand Liverpool the title over at Klanfield last May. The Dippers were 1-0 down when Dowd first sent off Newcastle's Dummett for a completely accidental collision with Suarez on the half way line, and then later awarded Liverpool a free kick on the edge of the Newcastle box after a Suarez dive, which they duly equalised from. Ameobi (well documented as a non-swearing Christian), was then booked for the mildest of mild protests about the dive as Newcastle were about to restart the game in the centre circle, and turning away shaking his head in disbelief, was promptly shown a second yellow and a red, leaving the Geordies down to 9 men......and of course they duly went on to lose 2-1. There was a title riding on that game, and even if you were prepared to accept that Dowd's handling of it was incompetent rather than deliberate cheating, there's still the issue of his complete lack of respect or appreciation for the occasion. The bloke's an utter bastard, one of my most hated officials of all time. Right up there with Mason and Walton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.