Dr Philip Batty

MilnersJaw said:
Just wait till next season when Liverpool have to play a proper season of football.

Say goodbye to your seven days rest each week!

Anyways, Batty was huge for us in our title winning season, he was the one who kept Micah fit for most if the season.

Also look at the difference I'm Aguero's injuries in recent seasons, ever since Batty left he's been plagued with muscle injuries.

Can someone tell me why we sacked him?

All of this, bring the man back!

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Mother Theresa, Jesus and Buddha could be on our medical staff and it wouldn't prevent injuries. When guys are putting their bodies on the line 50-60 times a season then there will be injuries. Fuck all you can do about it.

Liverpool have less injuries because they have played 75% the amount of games we have played. 7 Days recovery between competitive matches makes a huge difference.
Sense

Can someone tell me how a doctor prevents injuries?

I know loads of people who go to the doctors but they still come back ill.

The whole point of having a 25-man squad is to have players ready to fill in when there are injuries.

Liverpool haven't played as many games as us and have been lucky, injuries are all about luck not having some fancy doctor with a magic sponge. And even then, they haven't had KEY injuries, they've had players who don't make much difference out. Suarez has missed none of the season due to injury and he is their top goalscorer, our top goalscorer is a midfielder for christ sake and ironically is now injured.

City have virtually infinite resources, do we really believe that we don't have the best possible people looking after the players?

Doctors don't prevent injuries in the traditional sense as they are not part of the training team normally. What we do have that is of a major concern as others have stated are the soft injuries. Having a break or even something like a torn ACL or something like that are generally freak accidents. There are some really great statistics starting to come out of the States in regards to using the newest styles of artificial turf as opposed to grass for American football. There is more give yet still more responsive than natural grass. Also handles weather better which would be vital in Europe.

I do not know what the trainers for City do on a regular basis. I don't know if they normally do weight training, flexibility training, etc. I would dare say that they don't concentrate enough on flexibility. That is something that needs to be a key component every day. To build true flexibility, it requires doing a stretch every day for at least two minutes over a 12 week period. I just attended a running seminar last weekend that was put on by some of the most cutting edge PTs and orthopedists in the region. Their primary focus was elimination of running injuries. While football isn't the same as distance running, many of the characteristics are similar. Seeing the continued list of muscle and tendon type injuries at City really makes me feel that if there is a program, that it is not up to current standards. Considering the investment in the players, this is mind boggling to me.

The English disease: something goes wrong, it has to be someone's fault. Witness this winters floods and everyone gunning for the EA and their flood defences. A child is beaten to death, it's the social services we have to crucify. Heavy snow? Council should have stockpiled salt.

We have had a bad run of injuries In a mammoth, high pressure season. Sometimes it rains a lot.

MilnersJaw said:
Just wait till next season when Liverpool have to play a proper season of football.

Anyways, Batty was huge for us in our title winning season, he was the one who kept Micah fit for most if the season.

Also look at the difference I'm Aguero's injuries in recent seasons, ever since Batty left he's been plagued with muscle injuries.

Kitman didn't like his shoes

GaudinoMotors said:
Can we get Chelseas - or would this encourage more malingering?

i'd have a groin problem every morning. Although Terry has probably been at it so she'd want a good disinfecting first.

CitizenTID said:
MilnersJaw said:

Kitman didn't like his shoes
incidentally, why was said Pharrell Chappy dressed as a leprechaun on the tunnel cam, and more amazingly, why we're people wetting themselves?

MaxCityBlue said:
Just work a rota system. One day on, one day off. How much more can there be to it? If that doesn't work just send out a couple of spies over to the Liverpool training ground because whatever they're doing is working a fucking treat for their boys.

Playing 13 games less and not flying all over europe probs helps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.