Dr Philip Batty

KippaxCitizen said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
Mother Theresa, Jesus and Buddha could be on our medical staff and it wouldn't prevent injuries. When guys are putting their bodies on the line 50-60 times a season then there will be injuries. Fuck all you can do about it.

Liverpool have less injuries because they have played 75% the amount of games we have played. 7 Days recovery between competitive matches makes a huge difference.
From 2004 onwards Iniesta has played 46 49 56 49 43 42 50 46 49 48 games each season.
From 2005 onwards Xavi has played 54 54 54 53 50 51 48 games each season.
From 2008 onwards Messi has played 53 55 60 50 games each season.
In 2009 when Barça won a treble Eto'o played 52 games then 48 the next season at Inter and 52 the season Inter won a treble.

Plus Liverpool haven't really has fewer injuries than us:
manchester-city.jpg

liverpool.jpg

I don't know where that myth has come from that they've had fewer injures than us.

Maybe it's more a case of fewer injuries to players that are not shit.

Barcon said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
Mother Theresa, Jesus and Buddha could be on our medical staff and it wouldn't prevent injuries. When guys are putting their bodies on the line 50-60 times a season then there will be injuries. Fuck all you can do about it.

Liverpool have less injuries because they have played 75% the amount of games we have played. 7 Days recovery between competitive matches makes a huge difference.
From 2004 onwards Iniesta has played 46 49 56 49 43 42 50 46 49 48 games each season.
In 2009 when Barça won a treble Eto'o played 52 games then 48 the next season at Inter and 52 the season Inter won a treble.

manchester-city.jpg

liverpool.jpg

I don't know where that myth has come from that they've had fewer injures than us.

Exactly this. We've had Kompany and Aguero out for far too long. The longest Liverpool have had a main player out for is sturridge at 28% tied with Silva. Those 3 have been such huge losses and all 3 have missed around a third of the season. Are these percentages only for the premier league or for the whole season?

ste.sully said:
Club doctor for the 2011/12 - best injury record in the Premier League.

But Mancini forced him out in September 2012. It irked me at the time because the guy was highly-rated.

Contrast with the 12/13 and 13/14 season injuries under the new medical regime. Madness.....

when I heard he was being hoofed I knew we were dropping a bollock. get him back city ffs.

It does make you wonder when we stack up all the injuries this year! I'm no medical expert but, if you look at the injury room this year it does seem more visited than previous years. With so many resources at our disposal you'd think this would be one of our stronger areas. Obviously not it seems.

BlueAnorak said:
Dr Max Sala is the current incumbent.
He sounds terrifying. I wonder if the players aren't consulting him when they need to for fear of being sedated against their will and having a kidney removed.

Armaan said:
Barcon said:
KippaxCitizen said:

manchester-city.jpg

liverpool.jpg

Exactly this. We've had Kompany and Aguero out for far too long. The longest Liverpool have had a main player out for is sturridge at 28% tied with Silva. Those 3 have been such huge losses and all 3 have missed around a third of the season. Are these percentages only for the premier league or for the whole season?
Johnson, Agger and Enrique would be three of their first choice back four and, as you say, Sturridge has missed a fair amount and so has Coutinho.

I think it's the whole season, though i'm not sure (i'm sure the website would give you the breakdown).

KippaxCitizen said:
Armaan said:
Barcon said:
Johnson, Agger and Enrique would be three of their first choice back four and, as you say, Sturridge has missed a fair amount and so has Coutinho.

I think it's the whole season, though i'm not sure (i'm sure the website would give you the breakdown).

The only key difference that I can offer up as a genuine excuse is that Skrtel is their main man at the back and Suarez is their main man up front (by a fucking mile). If Kompany and Aguero had missed only 3% of the season each then I suspect things would now be a fair bit different. That said, it's tough shit and we just have to get on with it.

Lancet Fluke said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Armaan said:

The only key difference that I can offer up as a genuine excuse is that Skrtel is their main man at the back and Suarez is their main man up front (by a fucking mile). If Kompany and Aguero had missed only 3% of the season each then I suspect things would now be a fair bit different. That said, it's tough shit and we just have to get on with it.
It needs a fair bit of research, but the stats that can be found via <a class="postlink" href="http://uk.www.soccerway.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.www.soccerway.com</a> are striking. For example, in our 34 games to date (EPL), Silva has started just 24 games, likewise Vinnie, and Aguero has only started 17 times. In comparison, Liverpool have five players who have started in at least 30 games this season. Stats like this only strengthen my own view that if our training and injury management programs were treated more seriously, we could well have been home and dry by now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.