Driving tour of Ireland

So, bit of a change of plan because our night in galway coincides with Galway races. As a result hotel beds are twice the price they normally are. Looking at an alternative stop that is interesting but isn’t consumed by the racing. Dingle is full. Westport looks nice. Any views?
Castlebar perhaps?

So, bit of a change of plan because our night in galway coincides with Galway races. As a result hotel beds are twice the price they normally are. Looking at an alternative stop that is interesting but isn’t consumed by the racing. Dingle is full. Westport looks nice. Any views?
Westport is great, alternatively there's quite a lot to do on the Dingle peninsula and the Clare coast so you could slow down going through there and look for somewhere in Clare.

Will look tmrw morning cheers!
I once drove from Cork up through Castlebar and onto Sligo.

Without doubt some of the most jaw dropping scenery I've had the pleasure to see. On more than one occation, i had to pull the car over and stop and get out. The west coast of Ireland is just spectacular. It is a beautiful Country

Westport is great, alternatively there's quite a lot to do on the Dingle peninsula and the Clare coast so you could slow down going through there and look for somewhere in Clare.
So booked a night in Killarney, one in a little place half way through the ring of Kerry drive and then a night in Dingle. Where would you go north from there instead of gallway?

Clare is a good shout (doolin?) Beautiful cliffs and watching the sun set on the atlantic is fab. Not sure of places to stay though (i camped at nagles when i went). But you could go to westport/ Castlebar for the night?

So booked a night in Killarney, one in a little place half way through the ring of Kerry drive and then a night in Dingle. Where would you go north from there instead of gallway?
I'd still go to Galway, but you could easily stay in Clare or Mayo instead of Galway itself.

Clare is a good shout (doolin?) Beautiful cliffs and watching the sun set on the atlantic is fab. Not sure of places to stay though (i camped at nagles when i went). But you could go to westport/ Castlebar for the night?
Lisdoonvarna, Lahinch, Doolin all have plenty of accommodation, Westport or Castlebar wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Tarbert ferry.
West coast of Clare. Doolin is great for traditional music pubs. Cliffs of Moher. The Burren. Ailwee Caves.

Pass through Galway straight to Connemara if you’re avoiding the races.
The road from Clifden around Kylemore Abbey and Killary Harbour through Leenane past Aasleagh falls and through Delphi around the coast to Westport is spectacular.
Westport is a great spot. Clew Bay beautiful, best appreciated on a clear day from the top of Croagh Patrick.

If you had the time the whole West Coast Drive is full of hidden jewels.

If you had the time the whole West Coast Drive is full of hidden jewels.
Said it to some friends from Hungary who visited for a long weekend last May and were surprised that we didn't leave the ring (they got the in depth tour :) ), if you really want to see the West Coast, you need at least a full week per county (I'd argue 2 in Kerry, 1 for the Iveragh and 1 for the Dingle peninsula).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.