Drying the ball

2 points to make.

First if we had someone capable of actually taking a decent throw-in then I would expect us to do the same and

secondly we could negate all this so called time wasting bollocks by getting ahead in games and controlling from there. Then it suddenly doesn't seem such an issue.

SSM532 said:
You've got to hand it them that long throw in is a fucking nightmare to defend against. In the right hands it can be more of a threat than a corner or free kick. I think it's a tactic that's worth looking into. Micahs' got a pair of arms on him.
And the gayest throw-in action the world has ever seen!!

Dubai Blue said:
SSM532 said:
You've got to hand it them that long throw in is a fucking nightmare to defend against. In the right hands it can be more of a threat than a corner or free kick. I think it's a tactic that's worth looking into. Micahs' got a pair of arms on him.
And the gayest throw-in action the world has ever seen!!

So fucking funny watching Richards twinkle fingers when he throws PMSL.

I hate Delap.

I hate those towels.

I hate the ballyboys.

I hate the fact he takes 1 minute to dry the fucking ball, get his hands in the right place, mark his run up, get everyone forward and then fucking just fucking throw it fucking short the fucking wanker arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I hate Stoke

Given should asked for them on the kicks or something, if they refuse i'm sure they can't use them.

blueH1969 said:
im sure a few years back they used towels at qpr an the ref stopped them an had the towels taken away,might be wrong about it being qpr but it defo happened,i wonder what the ballboys would have dun if 1 of our players asked for the towel because it is never offered

Yer ask for one. Yer get one. Yer wipe the ball with it, then mimic the drying aspects after getting out of the shower. Yer wipe yer boots. And finally yer wipe yer arse on it. Give it back to the ball boy. Yer get booked. Yer take the throwing. Preferably a one or two yard effort. But yer've taken the piss well and truly.

PSmyth07 said:
Given should asked for them on the kicks or something, if they refuse i'm sure they can't use them.

Thats the point,,,,,, the towels have to be made available to both teams (and they are) not just Stoke. I agree with the earlier comments though. Watching them last night desperatly trying to stop the ball going out for a corner and giving the throw in by the goal line just seemed daft. The corners were easier to defend against whereas the throw is in more effective than a corner because it starts 7 feet off the ground.

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
PSmyth07 said:

Thats the point,,,,,, the towels have to be made available to both teams (and they are) not just Stoke. I agree with the earlier comments though. Watching them last night desperatly trying to stop the ball going out for a corner and giving the throw in by the goal line just seemed daft. The corners were easier to defend against whereas the throw is in more effective than a corner because it starts 7 feet off the ground.

What I don't understand is that the throw-in is their most dangerous threat, so why didn't we just play them inside and let Kompany and Barry deal with them. We always showed them down the wing where alls we could do is kick it out for a throw-in.

PSmyth07 said:
Ifwecouldjust....... said:

What I don't understand is that the throw-in is their most dangerous threat, so why didn't we just play them inside and let Kompany and Barry deal with them. We always showed them down the wing where alls we could do is kick it out for a throw-in.

Ah but wouldn't that involve those dangerous things called tactics.

Fair enough using a towel when he's launching the ball into the box, but how many times did you see him drying the ball only to then throw it short. It's such blatant time wasting...not that the extra time would have made a difference, but that's beside the point. If he spends time drying the ball and then throws it short then he should be booked for time wasting....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.