Dunne and Dusted

well if dunne go's good luck he's been a loyal servant of city and the last of the old guard.......but really theres no room for sentiment...we move on and upwards...

deano ou812 said:
well if dunne go's good luck he's been a loyal servant of city and the last of the old guard.......but really theres no room for sentiment...we move on and upwards...
We need to move on as you say, and Hughes obviously judges it to be in the interests of the player, but I don't think any City fan would begrudge Dunne the chance of 1st team football,a nd he'll go with the very best wishes of every City fan, and will get a fantastic reception when he returns.

I never knew quite what to expect from Dunne. A few catastophic mistakes last season made his departure / replacement inevitable so despite the good wishes it is onwards and upwards however much you like the player. Toure looks back to his best, and Lescott has great promise so I'm happy with the way it's working out.

gotta wish him all the best, its a world cup year and he needs to be playing regularly to get in the Ireland squad, been a great servant to the club, but onward and upward

Very sad to you go Richard. Was always proud of you putting in warrior like performances when we didn't have the necessary talent to win matches at the other end of the field. The best of luck to you and your family. Signing of the season if the rumoured price is correct. Adh mór ort agus go raibh maith agat.

fan446 said:
gotta wish him all the best, its a world cup year and he needs to be playing regularly to get in the Ireland squad, been a great servant to the club, but onward and upward

Not true. There are Ireland squad members who are without clubs (embarrassingly enough).

All the best Dunney,you have bein part of the club i love for many years now thankyou for all your loyal service,i am sure you could have gone on many occasions thanks for the memories big lad and i really hope it all gose well for you,you will certainly be a player that will be very welcome back to our place,i think every city fan will whish all the very best of luck.

Dunne good and bad has been with us for 9 years, a loyal servant part of the soul and heart of the club. I wish him well and say a mega thank you to him for all he has done for my club.

My grumble is the way it has been done shows the real lack of class Hughes has, the real lack of connection to our beloved club, City. Dunne should have been allowed to play tonight and get the big massive fond farewell he deserves for his long and loyal service from the fans. In reality he should have been given it last week at Wolves, no excuses about circumstances.

The manner of his leaving betrays all the fine eloquent PR words being uttered by our club.

The club should show its desire to retain the soul and heart of the club through actions not words. I welcome the changes, the improvement and progress being made, I accept Dunne moving on (to change the culture at the club), but not the way it has been handled (which has been to undermine Dunne, our Captain!, through the very public pursuit of 'Mr. Chelsea' Terry, then Lescott) and ultimately the shallow vote of confidence by Hughes at yesterday's press conference and the really embarrassing video interview of support (laughably so called) of Dunne by Hughes previously.

A nice balanced respectful transition from the old to the new would have been better. Hughes, the new OT kid on the block should remember what goes around comes around. He needs to be sure to succeed, and succeed soon. Those who cannot recognise and appreciate the value of loyalty should not expect loyalty.

To the old loyal dog who is leaving I say GOOD LUCK and THANK YOU Richard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.