Dunne and Dusted

Dunne has just said on SSN that he was forced out of the club, he should have been allowed to stay and fight for his place. Good luck Dunny you are a true Legend.

Manchester City Made It Clear I Wasn't Wanted - Aston Villa's Richard Dunne
The Villa new boy has fired as parting shot at his former employers...

Richard Dunne has revealed he was hurt by the way his summer transfer was dealt with at Manchester City.

The former City captain served the club for almost nine years but moved to Aston Villa on transfer deadline day after the Citizens signed centre-backs Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott in the summer.

"It was difficult.[leaving City] They made it quite clear they didn’t want me there any more, so for me to have the opportunity to come to Villa was brilliant," Dunne told The Express and Star.

"I could have maybe sat and played in the reserves for the next three years, but for the manager here to show the faith he has was pretty pleasing."

Dunne was linked with a move away from City all summer and, despite being the club captain and being voted fans player of the year for a record four successive seasons, a move appeared inevitable.

His eventually transfer to Villa was held up by a dispute over pay with his former employers but was confirmed some 20 hours after the transfer window closed.

Dunne admits City's handling of his transfer disappointed him saying, "I’m not hurt to leave, I’m just hurt the way in which it was dealt with. It wasn’t the best way they went about things, but that’s a different story.

"For me I’m just pleased to be here and looking forward to many years playing at a club that’s stable."

Last comment bit uncalled for i think!

On page 36 of this thread I albeit somewhat grudgingly perhaps welcomed the tribute to Dunne by Hughes.

Now having heard Dunnes side of the story, I accuse Mark 'Classless' and 'No Loyalty' Hughes of being one

BIG CLASSLESS DISHONOURABLE LIAR

Is this the way we want our club to behave?

“It would have been difficult for Dunney to stay given his standing at the club and I understand that. I wasn’t going to stand in his way. I could have tried to stop him going and said I wanted him as a squad player but out of respect for what he has done for City I wasn’t going to do that.'

This conflicts with what Dunne has said:

"It was difficult.[leaving City] They made it quite clear they didn’t want me there any more, so for me to have the opportunity to come to Villa was brilliant,"

On Citymancs it quotes his interview on Skysports:

"I played right up to when I left, I was there all the time," Dunne told Sky Sports News.

"They signed the players and that was it. I wasn't given the opportunity to stay and fight for my place. That's what was annoying.

"I was told I had to go and that's the frustrating part about it.

"They told me they had accepted an offer so I said 'OK, but what if I want to stay and fight for my place?'

"They said 'it's funny, we need the money'.

"I am not bitter, I really enjoyed my time there and wish them all the success.

"The fans have been fantastic to me there and they have been crying out for success for such a long time. Now they seem to be on the brink of it and I hope it all goes really well.

"It's a really good club, an enjoyable family club and I just hope they get what they deserve."

A transfer that was handled very poorly by the club no matter whose spin you believe.

I hope the repercussions do not extend beyond the spirit and loyalty Dunne himself gave to the club A job well done Dunney best of luck for the rest of your career.

We have seen the last of single player having 9 years at the club.

Lets have a bit of honesty here.

Dunne wasn't good enough for a team aiming for top 4 and beyond. Regardless of how long he's played for City and how much we as fans supported him at the end of the day he was only going to be a squad player. If he'd really wanted to put City ahead of his own career then he would have accepted that and stayed. He didn't do that, he moved on to Villa. I would have hoped he could have moved on with dignity but he chose not too. City have been honest with him by saying he wasn't wanted, it's only his own annoyance at that that has caused his comments. All I can say is Good Luck Dunney, you served us well but everything changed last year and your tenure at City was always under threat when we declared an ambition to make top 4/6.

woolleyback blue said:
Lets have a bit of honesty here.

Dunne wasn't good enough for a team aiming for top 4 and beyond. Regardless of how long he's played for City and how much we as fans supported him at the end of the day he was only going to be a squad player. If he'd really wanted to put City ahead of his own career then he would have accepted that and stayed. He didn't do that, he moved on to Villa. I would have hoped he could have moved on with dignity but he chose not too. City have been honest with him by saying he wasn't wanted, it's only his own annoyance at that that has caused his comments. All I can say is Good Luck Dunney, you served us well but everything changed last year and your tenure at City was always under threat when we declared an ambition to make top 4/6.
HEAR HEAR great post! thanx dunney but no thanx!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5535762,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 62,00.html</a> video here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211052/Richard-Dunne-hits-stabber-Cook-6m-City-exit.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

I find this unacceptable from city, if he wanted to stay and fight for a place, after everything hes done for this club he should have been allowed to. Also, i understand people saying he wouldnt get in a top 4 side and thats where we're trying to go, however, 2 or 3 years ago he would have got in a top 4 side, he kept us in the league single handedly and had the opportunity to leave us for much better sides. He stayed loyal to us, and we should have stayed loyal to him this window. Dunne isnt the type to come out to the media and lie, hes clearly telling the truth and its very sad the club has behaved like this towards such a great servant, its put a dampener on what has been such a great window for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.