Dunne

bluethai said:
He's not ours anymore but Dunne and other ex-player's good forms reflect something.

They found better managers who can manage and use them wisely now.

Surely same could be said about Bellers, Ade, Tevez, SWP, De Jong..

Its just one of those things, some players play better at different clubs under different managers. For every Dunne who has gone away and done very well there is a Caicedo who did nothing at Sporting compared to here.

Goats left knee said:
fuck this bullshit - " he is the best defender in the PL now " i just read on another post.
he is still the same player he was with us, sure most of the time he will throw himself to ground and get a block on a shot but i seen myself tonight he is still slicing his clearances up into the air
gets caught out against the best.
MOVE ON!!! he did!

What?
You start a thread about an ex-player then SHOUT at us to 'move on'?

Makes even less sense than your post...

cibaman said:
Its not the first time that a player has rejuvenated his career by changing clubs, will not be the last.

His career didn't exactly need rejuvenating - he was player of the year in 4 of the past 5 seasons for us and he didn't want to go.

PabZab said:
bluethai said:
He's not ours anymore but Dunne and other ex-player's good forms reflect something.

They found better managers who can manage and use them wisely now.

Surely same could be said about Bellers, Ade, Tevez, SWP, De Jong..

Its just one of those things, some players play better at different clubs under different managers. For every Dunne who has gone away and done very well there is a Caicedo who did nothing at Sporting compared to here.

Dunne was a great defender for us who went stale under Hughes imo. He has moved on and is performing great again. Our current defenders are all players who played great at their last clubs and have come here and played poorly under Hughes.

The defensive coaching leaves a lot to be desired imo.

Our issue is not going forward, its at the back.

I wanted too keep dunne, when many had said he had, had his day.

But, i there is no point complaining now. We still have a good back 4 ( i think onuha should come in for Kolo). so lets get on with our team.

As for Dunne, I'm glad too see he is performing well, like i knew he would (Check my past post if you like), and i think we should all wish him the best. Because he has left doesn't mean he should go shit, he served us well, and has always been great with the fans.

I think both Lescott and Kolo would benefit from having Dunne or a commanding defender there.

Neither of them are leaders. Kolo certainly needed telling where to play and who to mark whilst at Arsenal.
Most of the time it was his ability to recover what got him out of trouble but he isn't a leader of defence.

And I'd guess neither is Lescott.

The way Dunne was treated by us is an embarrassment to City fans every where, fantastic player who still has plenty to offer, If only he was with us now, You only have to look at the Rags away defeat to see how much we miss him, Darren fucking Fletcher would not have scored to soft headers with Dunne in the back four that’s for sure, I wish him all the best and he may well end up playing Champions League football before we do.

Dunne = City Legend !!!!

Loving everyone getting all dewy and misty eyed about him now after he's left, im struggling to remember this defensive colossus. Everyone on here was slagging the shit out of him last season

He quite clearly went backwards last season, and fair fucks to him for moving on and upping his game, maybe thats what he needed

We have better defenders now, although i'll agree they need a rocket up the arse, and time will vindicate Hughes' decision and i doubt many on here will then applaud him for it

For all the reasons stated here, it was stupid to let him go.

His refusal to celebrate when he scored against us just made me respect him more and make me more sorry that he's gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.