Dunne

Bigga said:
Colin_Bell said:
In what way as I was at both games and thought Dunnie had a decent games as did the rest of the back four who were wernt really tested much in both games

"Weren't really tested"? It's always the way, eh? Guess you could say the same of Barca, then...

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Colin_Bell said:
Bigga said:
"Weren't really tested"? It's always the way, eh? Guess you could say the same of Barca, then...

Natural stupidity is also attained by repeated ignoring the facts I keep making about his former partners, as to which NOBODY on this thread has answered, therefore concluding me to think my point is true.

You Dunne knockers always always avoid it. You have selective arguments, which leads to empty rhetoric.

Bigga said:
Colin_Bell said:

Natural stupidity is also attained by repeated ignoring the facts I keep making about his former partners, as to which NOBODY on this thread has answered, therefore concluding me to think my point is true.

You Dunne knockers always always avoid it. You have selective arguments, which leads to empty rhetoric.

Personally, I think Dunne needed the move, he'd gone stale at City. No shame in that. I'm delighted he's doing well in a great Villa team. Was a great servant for City...

BillyShears said:
Bigga said:

Personally, I think Dunne needed the move, he'd gone stale at City. No shame in that. I'm delighted he's doing well in a great Villa team. Was a great servant for City...

A fair enough opinion. However, I thought that the challenge of new players rejuvenated Dunne(as is borne out at Villa) at our club. I, honestly, think he would have performed just as well here as at Villa.

Bigga said:
Colin_Bell said:

What have former partners got to do with his performances last season?

He was playing with a similar standard of player for the 4 seasons previously when he was great for us. What changed last season?

Villa Fan:

He has been immense for us.

He bring real organisation and a loud voice on the pitch. We lacked that desperatly after Laursen left!!

I am also suprised by the quality of his distribution, nice contrast to 'hoof it' Cuellar.

Good player & a good man it seems.

Bigga said:
BillyShears said:

A fair enough opinion. However, I thought that the challenge of new players rejuvenated Dunne(as is borne out at Villa) at our club. I, honestly, think he would have performed just as well here as at Villa.

I guess we'll never know. The one thing I will say, is that IMO, he was drifting at City. He was club captain, and it was clear all summer that he was going to be replaced, yet he was by his own admission happy to stay and sit on the bench. Maybe we owed him the loyalty to let him stay. Or maybe he owed himself the professional pride to move on and be a starter elsewhere...

BTW...I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of Hughes signings Lescott and Toure. Just that it was apparent very early on that Dunne was being replaced...

irreverent ad said:
Villa Fan:

He has been immense for us.

He bring real organisation and a loud voice on the pitch. We lacked that desperatly after Laursen left!!

I am also suprised by the quality of his distribution, nice contrast to 'hoof it' Cuellar.

Good player & a good man it seems.

This really interests me, because for us he was never a voice and to me, and a lot of other blues i've spoken to, he wasnt a leader

And his distribution was cack for us!

(I sound like a real Dunnie basher here, but i just think the time was right for him to move on and he appears to be doing a great job for you guys. And im glad he is, he deserves it)

El Boy Wonder said:
Bigga said:

He was playing with a similar standard of player for the 4 seasons previously when he was great for us. What changed last season?
The manager.

barney8 said:
El Boy Wonder said:

The manager.

What about Stevie Ireland then?

I bet that was only down to Stevie and nothing to do with the manager though

*rolls eyes*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.