Dunnie gone to Villa for 6m :-(

chrisi said:
ell said:
How many years now? enough for a testimonial?
stupid

why should dunne deserve a testimonial, doesn't he get paid enough ?
im sure all top flight footballers who get a testimonial are paid enough. its not about the money its usually given to a charity these days is it not. its about appreciation for a loyal player in times were most players barely spend 5 years at a club.

ACN, injury concerns and related contingency, anxiety over team gelling, improved players in front, behind and at either side....all these reasons and more why we'd be fucking mad to sell Richard Dunne unless he's asking for a move.

Unknown_Genius said:
mammutly said:
This is a prime example of what happens when you give a blank cheque book to an idiot.

TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS for Lescott and we sell Dunne for £6 million. It's madness!

However you dress it up, and there's been far too much spin at this club recently, this is very, very, very poor business.

The 'transfer strategy' is a load of shite. It's just Hughes buying who is available and paying absolutely stupid money to get players who aren't. The Lescott and RSC deals must be close to Steve Daley standard and Toure and Abedeyour are not far off.

In footballing terms, there is no way should Richard Dunne should have been 'replaced by Lescott and when you look at the money involved, it's just, well, fucking ridiculous frankly.

Fraid I dont agree with any of this.

24 Million for Lescott is alot to say the least, but thats how its going to be with whoever we sign. Clubs know we have money, and they'll always rip us off. If we tried to sign Corradi back, he would probably be over 20 million. Is Dunne, a bloke who was generally poor last season, reaching his thirties, and is notorious for netting own goals, and picking up red cards, worth more than 6 million? I don't think....

Our transfer strategy.... Who would you rather we were getting? Has beens like Raul, Cannavaro and Beckham? How about blokes who have never played in the League, and may not adapt or take 3 months to? If you think we can get players like Messi or Iniesta, then I don't think your on this planet.

Spot on.......but not yet anyway!

mammutly said:
This is a prime example of what happens when you give a blank cheque book to an idiot.

TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS for Lescott and we sell Dunne for £6 million. It's madness!

However you dress it up, and there's been far too much spin at this club recently, this is very, very, very poor business.

The 'transfer strategy' is a load of shite. It's just Hughes buying who is available and paying absolutely stupid money to get players who aren't. The Lescott and RSC deals must be close to Steve Daley standard and Toure and Abedeyour are not far off.

In footballing terms, there is no way should Richard Dunne should have been 'replaced by Lescott and when you look at the money involved, it's just, well, fucking ridiculous frankly.

In that case, You will Obviously be sat at home refusing to join in with any success these stellar signings bring us?

Given...Zabo, Toure, Lescott, Bridge...SWP, Ireland, Barry(c), Robinho...Tevez, Adebayor

Mate when was the last time you saw a Man City team with this much genuine class about it???....Whats that?? Never??....THOUGHT SO.

alphonse groenendijk said:
mammutly said:

Obviously the Sheikh and Khaldoon are idiots - as Khaldoon agreed totally with Hughes regarding value and transfer policy in his interview.
I think your comments about the players are a teency weency bit OTT, Adebayor could fire us into the Champs League and pay for his fee. Is there any particular reason why Tevez wasn't included.
I suppose you won't be going this season as we have become such a disgrace and there is nothing to support.
And I do love Dunney and want him to stay

I do not think for one minute that the club's owners are 'idiots'. There is an argument for stability at City, but it isn't one I happen to agree with. The ADUG people have not been students of football for 30 odd years and so, being wise people, they have taken advice. I believe they have been badly advised. Stability is worth nothing in itself and I do not believe Mark Hughes has the ability to bring success to City.

I did not refer to Tevez because I think his fee is within rational limits. He was, however, an opportunistic signing.

Yes, I will be going to games ths season. Your attempt at sarcasm is pitiful.

mammutly said:
alphonse groenendijk said:
Obviously the Sheikh and Khaldoon are idiots - as Khaldoon agreed totally with Hughes regarding value and transfer policy in his interview.
I think your comments about the players are a teency weency bit OTT, Adebayor could fire us into the Champs League and pay for his fee. Is there any particular reason why Tevez wasn't included.
I suppose you won't be going this season as we have become such a disgrace and there is nothing to support.
And I do love Dunney and want him to stay

I do not think for one minute that the club's owners are 'idiots'. There is an argument for stability at City, but it isn't one I happen to agree with. The ADUG people have not been students of football for 30 odd years and so, being wise people, they have taken advice. I believe they have been badly advised. Stability is worth nothing in itself and I do not believe Mark Hughes has the ability to bring success to City.

I did not refer to Tevez because I think his fee is within rational limits. He was, however, an opportunistic signing.

No, not students of football but amazingly astute business people. Speculate to accumulate. All investments have a level of risk. Everything they have touched so far has turned to gold.......but this is City! Enjoy the games, sit back, relax (maybe!) and let's see what this season brings. Without Richard Dunne probably. I would imagine he will get one of the warmest receptions of any former player if he does come to Eastlands with Villa.

inthenextlife said:
mammutly said:

No, not students of football but amazingly astute business people. Speculate to accumulate. All investments have a level of risk. Everything they have touched so far has turned to gold.......but this is City! Enjoy the games, sit back, relax (maybe!) and let's see what this season brings. Without Richard Dunne probably. I would imagine he will get one of the warmest receptions of any former player if he does come with to Eastlands with Villa.

ADUG have not bought MCFC to make money from the club. The purchase was no doubt strategic, but anybody who thinks they are looking to actually make money directly from City must have a strange idea of numbers.

Jay-Mcfc said:
chrisi said:
stupid

why should dunne deserve a testimonial, doesn't he get paid enough ?
Even though Dunne has pulled us through the shit, how many times?
how many times has he put us in the shit though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.