Dunnie gone to Villa for 6m :-(

mammutly said:
inthenextlife said:
No, not students of football but amazingly astute business people. Speculate to accumulate. All investments have a level of risk. Everything they have touched so far has turned to gold.......but this is City! Enjoy the games, sit back, relax (maybe!) and let's see what this season brings. Without Richard Dunne probably. I would imagine he will get one of the warmest receptions of any former player if he does come with to Eastlands with Villa.

ADUG have not bought MCFC to make money from the club. The purchase was no doubt strategic, but anybody who thinks they are looking to actually make money directly from City must have a strange idea of numbers.

Strategic? How so?

Always been a fan of Dunne even when he does 'balls up', can't see the harm in having him even if just as back up - As many people have already said in this thread.

mammutly said:
inthenextlife said:
No, not students of football but amazingly astute business people. Speculate to accumulate. All investments have a level of risk. Everything they have touched so far has turned to gold.......but this is City! Enjoy the games, sit back, relax (maybe!) and let's see what this season brings. Without Richard Dunne probably. I would imagine he will get one of the warmest receptions of any former player if he does come with to Eastlands with Villa.

ADUG have not bought MCFC to make money from the club. The purchase was no doubt strategic, but anybody who thinks they are looking to actually make money directly from City must have a strange idea of numbers.

Strategic? How so?

mammutly said:

forget the operating costs and inevitable yearly losses. look at the increase in value of the top clubs over the last 15 years. if the trends continue, sinking half a billion in now may look like a very good investment in 10 years time.

BlakeTheBlue said:
mammutly said:
This is a prime example of what happens when you give a blank cheque book to an idiot.

TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS for Lescott and we sell Dunne for £6 million. It's madness!

However you dress it up, and there's been far too much spin at this club recently, this is very, very, very poor business.

The 'transfer strategy' is a load of shite. It's just Hughes buying who is available and paying absolutely stupid money to get players who aren't. The Lescott and RSC deals must be close to Steve Daley standard and Toure and Abedeyour are not far off.

In footballing terms, there is no way should Richard Dunne should have been 'replaced by Lescott and when you look at the money involved, it's just, well, fucking ridiculous frankly.

In that case, You will Obviously be sat at home refusing to join in with any success these stellar signings bring us?

Given...Zabo, Toure, Lescott, Bridge...SWP, Ireland, Barry(c), Robinho...Tevez, Adebayor

Mate when was the last time you saw a Man City team with this much genuine class about it???....Whats that?? Never??....THOUGHT SO.

I would love to see City succeed. But I want us to actually win things, not be there or thereabouts.

I have no confdence that Mark Hughes. 'stellar sgnings' or not has the ability to lead this club to trophies. So, whilst you might be jumping up and down with delight if we finish 5th this season, I'll be thinking that's another year wasted on a average manager. So which of us is more ambitious?

It'll be a shame to see Dunne go, as he's been a great servant to the club. However, with Toure, Lescott, Onuoha and Kompany as centre halves (and indeed Richards if need be) then he's down the pecking order. He'll understandably want to be playing regular first team football at this stage of his career, so should leave with our blessing. Not got a bad word to say about the man, but times are changing fast at City and I can see the logic in letting him go.

am I right in thinking that he's turned down moves in the past? I have a gut feeling he might be perfectly happy to stay... I'm pretty Hughes sees it as time for him and the club to move on... it'll be interesting to see how uncomfortable the club are prepared to make his life, or if he jumps at the chance for regular football at a very good club.

inthenextlife said:
mammutly said:

Strategic? How so?

Abu Dhabi is developing rapidly. Within the Dubai dominated UAE, it is the upcoming star and their international investment is already huge and growing. For ADUG, MCFC is a relatively small part of a massive portfolio and it's purpose is not to generate extra profit as much as raising the global image of Abu Dhabi.

bizzbo said:
am I right in thinking that he's turned down moves in the past? I have a gut feeling he might be perfectly happy to stay... I'm pretty Hughes sees it as time for him and the club to move on... it'll be interesting to see how uncomfortable the club are prepared to make his life, or if he jumps at the chance for regular football at a very good club.

If he loses the armband to Toure as is mooted that would make me uncomfortable if I was him. It's sad in a way but like I said earlier, the days of City not being ruthless are long gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.