Dunnie gone to Villa for 6m :-(

S'pose it's a case of accepting you're the Nu-Chavskis...

I do find it hard to fathom that you're prepared to pay £7-8m more for Trekkie than Kolo. Surely he can't be THAT much better?!?!?!
But then it's like buying a house. It's about what you think it's worth.

Romford Pele said:

I do find it hard to fathom that you're prepared to pay £7-8m more for Trekkie than Kolo. Surely he can't be THAT much better?!?!?!

We probably would have paid more for Kolo

Here's me, thinking Dunnie's going to be playing alongside an experienced PL defender since Distin fucked off 2 seasons ago. He'll be right back up there with Toure or Lescott next to him, you watch. The midfield in front of him is superior, as is the cover from the flanks.

Bare in mind, Kolo Toure misses 6 weeks of this season for the ACN, and Dunnie or whoever the '3rd pick' CB is a shoo in for that spot for the entirety of that time.

He must not be allowed to go, Mr Hughes. Significant numbers of your brownie points will be imperiled, in this household, if he does.

4500. Woot.

mammutly said:
This is a prime example of what happens when you give a blank cheque book to an idiot.

TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS for Lescott and we sell Dunne for £6 million. It's madness!

However you dress it up, and there's been far too much spin at this club recently, this is very, very, very poor business.

The 'transfer strategy' is a load of shite. It's just Hughes buying who is available and paying absolutely stupid money to get players who aren't. The Lescott and RSC deals must be close to Steve Daley standard and Toure and Abedeyour are not far off.

In footballing terms, there is no way should Richard Dunne should have been 'replaced by Lescott and when you look at the money involved, it's just, well, fucking ridiculous frankly.

Obviously the Sheikh and Khaldoon are idiots - as Khaldoon agreed totally with Hughes regarding value and transfer policy in his interview.
I think your comments about the players are a teency weency bit OTT, Adebayor could fire us into the Champs League and pay for his fee. Is there any particular reason why Tevez wasn't included.
I suppose you won't be going this season as we have become such a disgrace and there is nothing to support.
And I do love Dunney and want him to stay

The Fat el Hombre said:
Romford Pele said:

TBH I didn't really want him to go but, there's no way we'd've got as much for Billy G, Kolo hadn't been the same since returning from ACN and the Gallas/Vermaelen partnerhip seems more solid than Kolo/Gallas ever was.

But you've got one lionhearted defender in Ol' King Kolo.

Romford Pele said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

TBH I didn't really want him to go but, there's no way we'd've got as much for Billy G, Kolo hadn't been the same since returning from ACN and the Gallas/Vermaelen partnerhip seems more solid than Kolo/Gallas ever was.

But you've got one lionhearted defender in Ol' King Kolo.
Vermaelen does look good

cleavers said:
Craig said:
Have City actually accepted a bid or this still paper talk as yet?

No, its still paper talk.

Yea seems to be, Hughes was quoted today saying "as we speak Dunne is still City captain"

Didn't sound very enthusiastic though. Don't know what to think!

mammutly said:
This is a prime example of what happens when you give a blank cheque book to an idiot.

TWENTY FOUR MILLION POUNDS for Lescott and we sell Dunne for £6 million. It's madness!

However you dress it up, and there's been far too much spin at this club recently, this is very, very, very poor business.

The 'transfer strategy' is a load of shite. It's just Hughes buying who is available and paying absolutely stupid money to get players who aren't. The Lescott and RSC deals must be close to Steve Daley standard and Toure and Abedeyour are not far off.

In footballing terms, there is no way should Richard Dunne should have been 'replaced by Lescott and when you look at the money involved, it's just, well, fucking ridiculous frankly.

Er....?

This is irony, isn't it? Or is it a prime example of what happens when you give a keyboard and internet access to....?

Lescott isn't "worth" £22m, but that's hardly news to anyone! But, he's the best English, left-sided CB, that fits the excellent "transfer strategy" in the PL (better than Terry IMHO) so, given the funds we have available, we went and got him, eventually. Richard Dunne on the other hand, has been a great servant of the club but is NOT good enough to get us where we're going, and £6m is a good price...

To compare our recruits from Arsenal to Steve Daley, who came from Wolves, is ridiculous in every conceivable way! Need I go into the reasons?

The writing's been on the wall for him since last season and, as I've said on here before, as club captain he deserved more than being left on the bench or in the reserves, but that's what would've happened if he'd stayed. Now we can appoint a new captain and concentrate on the future... As can Dunne who's getting one last big contract, which again he wasn't going to get at City!

I say thanks Dunnie and good luck mate, Villa is as good as he could've done and I hope he does well for them.

Onwards and Upwards!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.