Dunnie gone to Villa for 6m :-(

mammutly said:
inthenextlife said:
Strategic? How so?

Abu Dhabi is developing rapidly. Within the Dubai dominated UAE, it is the upcoming star and their international investment is already huge and growing. For ADUG, MCFC is a relatively small part of a massive portfolio and it's purpose is not to generate extra profit as much as raising the global image of Abu Dhabi.

Yeah, I can see that. So getting into the ECL is good PR rather than profit making right?

inthenextlife said:
mammutly said:
Abu Dhabi is developing rapidly. Within the Dubai dominated UAE, it is the upcoming star and their international investment is already huge and growing. For ADUG, MCFC is a relatively small part of a massive portfolio and it's purpose is not to generate extra profit as much as raising the global image of Abu Dhabi.

Yeah, I can see that. So getting into the ECL is good PR rather than profit making right?

That's right.

But, that's also why they need to know more about football than finance.

mammutly said:
alphonse groenendijk said:
Obviously the Sheikh and Khaldoon are idiots - as Khaldoon agreed totally with Hughes regarding value and transfer policy in his interview.
I think your comments about the players are a teency weency bit OTT, Adebayor could fire us into the Champs League and pay for his fee. Is there any particular reason why Tevez wasn't included.
I suppose you won't be going this season as we have become such a disgrace and there is nothing to support.
And I do love Dunney and want him to stay

I do not think for one minute that the club's owners are 'idiots'. There is an argument for stability at City, but it isn't one I happen to agree with. The ADUG people have not been students of football for 30 odd years and so, being wise people, they have taken advice. I believe they have been badly advised. Stability is worth nothing in itself and I do not believe Mark Hughes has the ability to bring success to City.

I did not refer to Tevez because I think his fee is within rational limits. He was, however, an opportunistic signing.

Yes, I will be going to games ths season. Your attempt at sarcasm is pitiful.

I can't see how you can separate the manager and the owners in the transfer policy, and you contradict yourself. You state that the owners are not idiots but are wise people, ill advised. Were they ill advised in investing in City in the first place, or were they ill advised in parting with £200m in 12 months. Looking at your earlier statement the owners are the true idiots and Hughes is very clever by getting them to part with such an amount of money so easily (fools and money). They certainly don't strike me as such.

I also can't understand how you can state that a 25 yr old striker who scored 5 goals or so last season is worth £25m but a similar aged striker who scored twice as many last season and was it about 30 goals the season before, not forgetting 2 in 2 this time isn't.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic but your statements don't add up to me, and I think accusing those who disagree as glory hunters is a little arrogant.

Anyway back to original topic I would love Dunney to stay and lift some silverware even as a squad player. And give him a testimonial so he can give the money to charity but let us show him our appreciationfor the last 10 years entertainment.
Let's hope we can agree on this anyway my friend.

alphonse groenendijk said:
mammutly said:
I do not think for one minute that the club's owners are 'idiots'. There is an argument for stability at City, but it isn't one I happen to agree with. The ADUG people have not been students of football for 30 odd years and so, being wise people, they have taken advice. I believe they have been badly advised. Stability is worth nothing in itself and I do not believe Mark Hughes has the ability to bring success to City.

I did not refer to Tevez because I think his fee is within rational limits. He was, however, an opportunistic signing.

Yes, I will be going to games ths season. Your attempt at sarcasm is pitiful.

I can't see how you can separate the manager and the owners in the transfer policy, and you contradict yourself. You state that the owners are not idiots but are wise people, ill advised. Were they ill advised in investing in City in the first place, or were they ill advised in parting with £200m in 12 months. Looking at your earlier statement the owners are the true idiots and Hughes is very clever by getting them to part with such an amount of money so easily (fools and money). They certainly don't strike me as such.

I also can't understand how you can state that a 25 yr old striker who scored 5 goals or so last season is worth £25m but a similar aged striker who scored twice as many last season and was it about 30 goals the season before, not forgetting 2 in 2 this time isn't.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic but your statements don't add up to me, and I think accusing those who disagree as glory hunters is a little arrogant.

Anyway back to original topic I would love Dunney to stay and lift some silverware even as a squad player. And give him a testimonial so he can give the money to charity but let us show him our appreciationfor the last 10 years entertainment.
Let's hope we can agree on this anyway my friend.

I think we can agree on the original topic issue

I don't think I do contradict myself though and I think you are twisting my words a bit ;-)

But anyway, it's late and no doubt this debate will be continued.

judleberry said:
Gutted about this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209044/Dunne-set-Eastlands-exit-Villa-agree-splash-6m-City-skipper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ipper.html</a>

Villa have agreed a £6million fee with Manchester City for their skipper Richard Dunne.
Villa manager, Martin O’Neill, has moved swiftly to head off interest from Sunderland and Everton in Dunne whose nine-year City career looks to be drawing to a close following the arrival of Joleon Lescott in a £24m deal.
Dunne, 29, has spoken of his desire to stay at City but with Lescott joining Kolo Toure at Eastlands is likely to find his first team opportunities limited this season.

6 million....Snap it up! He has been a dedicated player for us, but I am not a "Dunney" admirer. He is a good defender, but not a GREAT defender. We have plenty of cover as mentioned by someone else and now is the time for him to move on. I would have Lescott in the team EVERY TIME over Dunne. Even if Lescott had a leg amputated.

leggadon said:
judleberry said:
Gutted about this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209044/Dunne-set-Eastlands-exit-Villa-agree-splash-6m-City-skipper.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ipper.html</a>

6 million....Snap it up! He has been a dedicated player for us, but I am not a "Dunney" admirer. He is a good defender, but not a GREAT defender. We have plenty of cover as mentioned by someone else and now is the time for him to move on. I would have Lescott in the team EVERY TIME over Dunne. Even if Lescott had a leg amputated.

Dunny is a City legend & rightly so. He kept out so many goals, made so many clearances and closed down so many forwards. But half way through Sven's season he lost his mojo and last season he tried but couldn't find it again. The harder he tried, the more howlers he made. 6 mill is a great deal for a defender who is definitely past his prime.

Nedum & Kompany are world class cover for Toure & Lescott. Dunne knows his time is up.

Still, you never know, at Villa with ONeill, he might find his mojo was in his back pocket all the time.

I wish him all the best, when he aint playing us, that is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.