Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s ready for any club IMO Perfect age, physicality, great technique. Surely he will improve, but I don’t see why top clubs need to wait for his fee to get even higher before getting him. Is he any less ready than Ferran playing for Valencia was before coming here? I would say definitely not
They said the same about Jovic after his break out season, moved to Madrid and this price is almost double that. I'd consider it a gamble till he puts up these numbers again. He probably could here, but its still 'in the maybe he' could brakcet for me.

Haaland for comparison has put up the same numbers since Molde, the consistancy of over preformance is there over Vlahovic.

(if that makes sense, ive started waffling)

They said the same about Jovic after his break out season, moved to Madrid and this price is almost double that. I'd consider it a gamble till he puts up these numbers again. He probably could here, but its still 'in the maybe he' could brakcet for me.
You need to put together a number of years from Jovic before joining Madrid to get to the number of goals Vlahovic scored this year alone. And I would add he wasn’t delivering anywhere near the same level of performance. When Jovic moved to Madrid, the expectations were lesser as well. The only thing you can bring up against him is lack of UCL experience, but then again, we signed Torres with the same situation. As far as I’m concerned, it would be a good investment. Of course Haaland has to be the top target, but after him, who has the age, potential, numbers and performances of Vlahovic currently? We’ve made riskier investments before

Haaland for comparison has put up the same numbers since Molde, the consistancy of over preformance is there over Vlahovic.

(if that makes sense, ive started waffling)

Vlahovic

21/22 season so far. Getting better as well.

17 goals , two assists

20/21 season first season as a starter I would say this is his breakout season. where clubs took notice.

21 goals, 2 assists

19/20 was on the bench most of the season.

9 goals 2 assists

Last edited:
I would buy this lad in January, that does not mean we can not buy Haaland when his buy out clause kicks in, we can have 3 strikers we can play with 2 up front, we also can not get gazumped and left with nowt already having a striker, but going back to this lad i recon we can get him for £55 million regardless what the press say, he is not the finished article so he can grow, he is not on big wages and most of all he will not come with a big time attitude where if he is fit he plays, we know our first team we just need a plan b for the Palaces/Southampton's of this world.

I don't personally see Vlahovic as a gamble as some might, I think he is ready for the step up to an elite level team.

My only worry is his speed, Haaland is perhaps better suited for us in that he is definitely quicker, but I don't think Vlahovic's style relies on it, nor would we probably ask that of him. If Pep was looking at Harry Kane then clearly speed is far from one of the attributes he is looking for in a 9.

But as a 2nd choice, Vlahovic is a great option and much cheaper for City, so I can see them liking the financials of it.

Edit: Seeing more clips of him now and I just realized he reminds alot of Liam Delap in how he moves on the pitch and his play style.

Last edited:
I think one thing we need to bear in mind is this..we are a changed team since Sergio was in his prime.

2014-15 Sergio scored 26, Silva 12, Toure 10, next was Lampard with 6.
2015-16, Sergio 24, Iheanacho 8, KDB 6.
2016-17, Sergio 20, Sterling 7, Jesus 7.
Jump to 2019-20, Sergio 16, sterling 20, Jesus 14, KDB 13, Mahrez 11.

My point is that we don't need a replacement for the type of player that Sergio was because we don't play that way anymore. Just look at the game against Leeds. If a prime Sergio had been on the field how many would he have scored ? We have (proven) goalscorers all through the team. Although Vlahovic is not comparable to Sergio, I think (personal opinion here ) that he would be a good fit for the way we play now.

I think one thing we need to bear in mind is this..we are a changed team since Sergio was in his prime.

2014-15 Sergio scored 26, Silva 12, Toure 10, next was Lampard with 6.
2015-16, Sergio 24, Iheanacho 8, KDB 6.
2016-17, Sergio 20, Sterling 7, Jesus 7.
Jump to 2019-20, Sergio 16, sterling 20, Jesus 14, KDB 13, Mahrez 11.

My point is that we don't need a replacement for the type of player that Sergio was because we don't play that way anymore. Just look at the game against Leeds. If a prime Sergio had been on the field how many would he have scored ? We have (proven) goalscorers all through the team. Although Vlahovic is not comparable to Sergio, I think (personal opinion here ) that he would be a good fit for the way we play now.

The thing for me is, if a prime Sergio was on the pitch we'd be set up differently so as to maximize the opportunities he would get to shoot. Pep is a philosopher but he's not a zealot. He adapts. Right now the threat is spread around the team. If we were to sign Haaland I'm sure Pep would restructure somewhat to maximize his opportunities because he's a more lethal finisher.

The thing for me is, if a prime Sergio was on the pitch we'd be set up differently so as to maximize the opportunities he would get to shoot. Pep is a philosopher but he's not a zealot. He adapts. Right now the threat is spread around the team. If we were to sign Haaland I'm sure Pep would restructure somewhat to maximize his opportunities because he's a more lethal finisher.
That is a completely valid point, but would we want to do that ? Is it wise to restructure the whole way a team plays to rely one one player to score ?
Again, just my opinion, but I think we need someone to fit in, not build a whole approach round...

Is it wise to restructure the whole way a team plays to rely one one player to score ?
This is absolutely not how it would work. Obviously. Pep didn’t build Bayern around Lewandowski despite the extraordinary number of goals he had every season

You need to put together a number of years from Jovic before joining Madrid to get to the number of goals Vlahovic scored this year alone. And I would add he wasn’t delivering anywhere near the same level of performance. When Jovic moved to Madrid, the expectations were lesser as well. The only thing you can bring up against him is lack of UCL experience, but then again, we signed Torres with the same situation. As far as I’m concerned, it would be a good investment. Of course Haaland has to be the top target, but after him, who has the age, potential, numbers and performances of Vlahovic currently? We’ve made riskier investments before
He was putting up the expected numbers till the over-performance season, same as Vlahovic is at so far in his career.

I think he'll be a good striker, but not tier 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.