Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was putting up the expected numbers till the over-performance season, same as Vlahovic is at so far in his career.

I think he'll be a good striker, but not tier 1.
It is an almost guarantee that anyone who joins this City team with Pep as manager is going to go up a few levels. So what we need to look at is the actual fundamentals of his game and his ability, he can only score against who hes playing against.

I think on paper this signing makes 10x more sense then Haaland and I fully expect it is the option we go down. I am sure Txiki and the others are chasing down the avenues for Haaland because it would be foolish not to but I cant help but feel its going to end up like others we have missed in the past e.g. Sanchez, Jorginho and so forth.

Players who piss about and dont make City their number one rarely get signed, and that is something I fully back the club on.

That is a completely valid point, but would we want to do that ? Is it wise to restructure the whole way a team plays to rely one one player to score ?
Again, just my opinion, but I think we need someone to fit in, not build a whole approach round...
Yeah I agree here.

While we want a striker who can score goals, we don't want to be dependent on them, you see the problem that can cause when you rely on someone who might have off days.

That being said, if Haaland can adapt to us, improve playmaking, buildup, ball control and dribbling, passing, all things he is decent at but not elite like scoring, then he surpasses any of our F9 options.

He only needs to improve a little in any of those areas for him to adapt to us. If he stays the same and requires us to build around him, then I don't think we are a better team than now, probably worse.

You can see Ferran in his early days, we THINK he can be a good striker because of his finishing, but he goes missing in games for so long and was useless in buildup so often. These were all things we forgave because he could finish, but were hoping down the line he would improve.

Haaland is a level further along than Ferran, but still needs just one more step with us that I hope he can make to make us unstoppable.

I think on paper this signing makes 10x more sense then Haaland and I fully expect it is the option we go down. I am sure Txiki and the others are chasing down the avenues for Haaland because it would be foolish not to but I cant help but feel its going to end up like others we have missed in the past e.g. Sanchez, Jorginho and so forth.

Players who piss about and dont make City their number one rarely get signed, and that is something I fully back the club on.
And you know that Vlahovic has made us his number one?! Or that Haaland hasn’t?

And you know that Vlahovic has made us his number one?! Or that Haaland hasn’t?
If we are not the first choice for Vlahovic, then he doesn't want signing either. His other options look like Arsenal and the spuds at the minute, if he can say with a straight face he would rather go there then good luck to the lad.

I don't know what Haaland is thinking, however he certainly has a lot more appealing options than Vlahovic does.

As I said, Vlahovic seems a lot more like someone City would sign and seemingly could be done in Jan. Haaland doesn't look like hes going anywhere in Jan and do City want to wait, not sure.

If we are not the first choice for Vlahovic, then he doesn't want signing either. His other options look like Arsenal and the spuds at the minute, if he can say with a straight face he would rather go there then good luck to the lad.

I don't know what Haaland is thinking, however he certainly has a lot more appealing options than Vlahovic does.

As I said, Vlahovic seems a lot more like someone City would sign and seemingly could be done in Jan. Haaland doesn't look like hes going anywhere in Jan and do City want to wait, not sure.
The Fiorentina president mentioned very recently that “Juventus and Arsenal” should talk to the club instead of the player’s agent if they’re really interested. So it would appear Juventus is in.
What I don’t understand is the mentality of “Haaland has more appealing options” as if we don’t offer more than anyone. We are the top team currently in the most competitive and richest league in the world, with the manager that every player wants to work with, were UCL finalists last season, and we have money. I wish this reality catches up with the mentality around here soon, because some think we’re underdogs when we’re not

The Fiorentina president mentioned very recently that “Juventus and Arsenal” should talk to the club instead of the player’s agent if they’re really interested. So it would appear Juventus is in.
What I don’t understand is the mentality of “Haaland has more appealing options” as if we don’t offer more than anyone. We are the top team currently in the most competitive and richest league in the world, with the manager that every player wants to work with, were UCL finalists last season, and we have money. I wish this reality catches up with the mentality around here soon, because some think we’re underdogs when we’re not
Juventus are a graveyard of strikers so I would hope he is smarter than that but perhaps he likes Italy and wants to just stay there.

Haaland has more appealing options than Vlahovic, in the sense that I am sure Madrid and PSG would be interested in him whereas Vlahovic has Arsenal and Spuds after him. Should have made that clearer....

I don't think we are underdogs at all. City do have everything any footballer could ever want but its not the first time we have lost out on a player and it wont be the last. Not everything is as plain as it seems.

Both Vlahovic and Haaland could easily end up in Madrid.

Not at the same club obviously. Both are good options for strikers at their levels.

Juventus aren't in, they have not got the money for a January transfer that big. They are after the sassuolo striker/martial

Vlahovic to Juve is complex, so the plan B is Scamacca & Martial. Sassuolo don’t want to sell Scamacca in the winter, they will talk in the summer. Juve like Martial. It won’t be a surprise that both arrive at Juve, Scamacca in the summer & Martial in January. (
@Gazzetta_it
)

Juventus aren't in, they have not got the money for a January transfer that big. They are after the sassulo striker/martial

Vlahovic to Juve is complex, so the plan B is Scamacca & Martial. Sassuolo don’t want to sell Scamacca in the winter, they will talk in the summer. Juve like Martial. It won’t be a surprise that both arrive at Juve, Scamacca in the summer & Martial in January. (
@Gazzetta_it
)
I was just saying the Fiorentina president publicly told Juventus to stop talking to the player’s agent and talk to them directly. This was a week or two ago. So they are talking about it apparently.
Someone here brought the news that Scamacca is top of the list as Vlahovic replacement for Fiorentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.