Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a completely valid point, but would we want to do that ? Is it wise to restructure the whole way a team plays to rely one one player to score ?
Again, just my opinion, but I think we need someone to fit in, not build a whole approach round...

I hear you and I agree, let me expand. I think this hinges on the word 'rely'. I'm not saying we should, or would, rely on him. I trust Pep, whatever his resources, to maximize the overall opportunity. We see that now with false 9. For all the talk of overthinking and how much he values control, we saw it when he played a counter attacking 4-4-2 against PSG in the CL semi final last season and we scored 2 goals in transition.

Give him Haaland and it gives him a more lethal option. He'll find the best way to exploit that. And False 9 with the rest of the squad will still be an option.

The Fiorentina president mentioned very recently that “Juventus and Arsenal” should talk to the club instead of the player’s agent if they’re really interested. So it would appear Juventus is in.
What I don’t understand is the mentality of “Haaland has more appealing options” as if we don’t offer more than anyone. We are the top team currently in the most competitive and richest league in the world, with the manager that every player wants to work with, were UCL finalists last season, and we have money. I wish this reality catches up with the mentality around here soon, because some think we’re underdogs when we’re not
We have a chance of signing him as do many other clubs .It could concern him that Pep may soon be gone only time will tell

I hear you and I agree, let me expand. I think this hinges on the word 'rely'. I'm not saying we should, or would, rely on him. I trust Pep, whatever his resources, to maximize the overall opportunity. We see that now with false 9. For all the talk of overthinking and how much he values control, we saw it when he played a counter attacking 4-4-2 against PSG in the CL semi final last season and we scored 2 goals in transition.

Give him Haaland and it gives him a more lethal option. He'll find the best way to exploit that. And False 9 with the rest of the squad will still be an option.
Respect your view Dobsy, it's going to be interesting to see what the outcome is, at the end of the day I will go with Pep and Tixxi...

Why ? pep won’t be at any other club he may be considering. He’ll be here for a year possibly longer who knows.
If I wanted to play for city solely because of Pep my first question would be how long are you staying
If he is only staying a short period I may consider other clubs because Pep wouldn’t then be the main draw

If I wanted to play for city solely because of Pep my first question would be how long are you staying
If he is only staying a short period I may consider other clubs because Pep wouldn’t then be the main draw
That’s okay then because we won’t want a player that only signs for us because of Pep, when in all likelihood he only has one more season. Doubt here are many players like that though because whenever a player signs for a club they don’t know how long the manager will be there.

How many games has he scored in a row now? Quite a few isn't it?

Well, I've put a bet on him to score anytime today so dont expect any updates until the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.