Dutch league cancelled | No Champions, No Promotion, No Relegation

think the Dutch model is the way to go if we can’t finish the league

It’s seems fairest considering games in hand

without the FA cup there is an extra Europe League place for the league - so that means Utd, Wolves and Sheff Utd qualify for the Europe League? That takes away issue of Sheff Utd’s game in hand.

No champions, No promotion, No relegation. shame for dippers and Leeds but there’s always going to be someone disappointed.

All matches are recorded as happening, and all stats are in the record books.

Liverpool, City, Leicester and Chelsea - CL based on the league table.

Utd, Wolves and Sheff Utd - EL based on league table

That’s all logical to me and looks like a very neat solution. As long as city aren’t banned of course which would throw a spanner into the works.

think the Dutch model is the way to go if we can’t finish the league

It’s seems fairest considering games in hand

without the FA cup there is an extra Europe League place for the league - so that means Utd, Wolves and Sheff Utd qualify for the Europe League? That takes away issue of Sheff Utd’s game in hand.

No champions, No promotion, No relegation. shame for dippers and Leeds but there’s always going to be someone disappointed.

All matches are recorded as happening, and all stats are in the record books.

Liverpool, City, Leicester and Chelsea - CL based on the league table.

Utd, Wolves and Sheff Utd - EL based on league table

That’s all logical to me and looks like a very neat solution. As long as city aren’t banned of course which would throw a spanner into the works.

Shame for the Baggies as well... unlucky haha!

Never really had anything against WBA - until Pulis turned up there. Now they will always be more disliked than liked by me.

See? That is the level of acrimony I hold towards Pulis and his neanderthal-style football. Mind you, seeing the utter devastation on his grotesque facial features after THAT play-off against his then Gillingham side will long be a source of immense comfort to me.

There will be one or two very slight differences, one being for the first 28 games City will be playing hopefully with a fully fit first team, last season having 4 first team players out for nearly every game, depending on who you view as a first teamer. So liverpool cheating will be even more obvious to non elite clubs. another being the gamblers who in their right mind is going to bet on there own team when liverpool are going to win? as i said at the start of this season do not bet on City in the long term it is a win win.

Also, not forgetting we were deducted 2 points by VAR in only the second game of the first season they used it. It raised eyebrows then. Twice in quick succession is coincidence, 3 times would prove corruption. They'll have to be much more careful next season.

The EPL will almost certainly start with 2 extra teams in it, SKY will look to regain lost exposure and that will cascade down the leagues, reality is the FA have been hiding that no one will lose out to null and void but all will lose to this limbo. Well except liverpool that is :)

Its laughable and every single half baked idea they come out with throws sporting integrity out of the window and it wont fly.

The PL and every other sport is getting binned off this year and they know it.

The playing games in China was the best one I've seen.

The EPL will almost certainly start with 2 extra teams in it, SKY will look to regain lost exposure and that will cascade down the leagues, reality is the FA have been hiding that no one will lose out to null and void but all will lose to this limbo. Well except liverpool that is :)
We're struggling to cope with the number of games with a 20 team league

"The Premier League is in discussions with UK rights holders about how best to broadcast the season’s remaining fixtures as the campaign edges closer to a return behind closed doors, the PA news agency understands."

In other words the PL is saying whatever it can to avoid giving the money back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.