Dynamic ticket pricing coming to football

The more cuntish thing is they told fans to guarantee tickets they had to opt in to whether they wanted to include a direct deposit for cup games with season tickets. Without knowing the prices. And there is no discount like our cup scheme
As I say £100 for a game of football in Birmingham FFS -F**k off. That’s Cup Final prices.

Yeah but, and this isn't a dig at them but seems wierd for villla to think they will be able to fill it with random fans, as lets be fair it took us a few consistant champions leagues campaigns to see the tourist turn up, their first in a while after a decade yo-yoing and these price is being either optimistic or stupid

There capacity is around 42k so think supply and demand will be way high

Dynamic pricing is a good idea if your stadium doesn't sell out and you don't have many season ticket holders. You don't need a computer to work it out either Just charge £1 for each row you sit further back.

It would work well in the lower leagues, allowing clubs to capitalise on big home cup matches, without harming the regular fan, with or without a season ticket. Provided they can buy them first.

---------

For a club like City, we now have tens of millions of fans.

I know plenty of people who have bought Match Day Cards, then can't get tickets. I know people at the start of the season who were 40,000 - 60,000 in the queue to try to buy Premier League tickets and didn't get any. They're already paying £70-£80 a ticket for seats that cost season ticket holders £40-£50. This simply isn't fair on these fans.

The reality is City have far too many season ticket holders. They get all the prime Premier League matches and many spurn the crap (by comparison) Cup games.

So all you can do is increase prices, increase the capacity or cut the number of sesson ticket holders to alleviate the pressure on tickets.

Fewer season ticket holders would mean more tickets available for Premier League games. Recently the numbers have gone down from 42k to 38k. So the club are doing what they can.

This is also why the Inter game is so expensive.

They've got to find the sweet spot of the price of the ticket where they can only just fill the stadium.

Dynamic pricing would fix part of this problem.

For years we had the idiocy of the cheapest tickets being down the side in the lower tier, which were the prime seats. Albeit a legacy of the Kipppax, it was absurd. Everyone whinged when the price of these seats in the East stand were harmonised with the Colin Bell. They're the same standard!!!

By all means keep cheap(er) seats for the loyal fan, but it is unrealistic to expect these to remain prime seats as well. They will probably end up in the gods behind each goal.

City like our rivals play preseason friendlies around the globe where tickets cost £100-£200. So the demand is collosal.

As a club, success breeds success and success breeds demand and prices will go up. There is no easy way of addressing this issue.

Dynamic pricing can help but isn't a magic bullet either.

There capacity is around 42k so think supply and demand will be way high
it hasn't gone down well, but most ST holders signed up not expecting £95.

If they qualify next year they may see a drop off as regualrs thinking fuck it unless they win it.(the inter price had me considering leaving the cup scheme so imagine if we charged villa. prices)

Yeah but, and this isn't a dig at them but seems wierd for villla to think they will be able to fill it with random fans, as lets be fair it took us a few consistant champions leagues campaigns to see the tourist turn up, their first in a while after a decade yo-yoing and these price is being either optimistic or stupid
Not so sure - it has an international airport and is easier to get to from London than Manchester - so will get some corporates buying.
Odd they have done it for all the 4 matches, though. £80 to pay for a Cat 4 team is a joke.

Dynamic pricing is a good idea if your stadium doesn't sell out and you don't have many season ticket holders. You don't need a computer to work it out either Just charge £1 for each row you sit further back.

It would work well in the lower leagues, allowing clubs to capitalise on big home cup matches, without harming the regular fan, with or without a season ticket. Provided they can buy them first.

---------

I know plenty of people who have bought Match Day Cards, then can't get tickets. I know people at the start of the season who were 40,000 - 60,000 in the queue to try to buy Premier League tickets and didn't get any. They're already paying £70-£80 a ticket for seats that cost season ticket holders £40-£50. This simply isn't fair on these fans.

The reality is City have far too many season ticket holders. They get all the prime Premier League matches and many spurn the crap (by comparison) Cup games.

So all you can do is increase prices, increase the capacity or cut the number of sesson ticket holders to alleviate the pressure on tickets.

Fewer season ticket holders would mean more tickets available for Premier League games. Recently the numbers have gone down from 42k to 38k. So the club are doing what they can.

They've got to find the sweet spot of the price of the ticket where they can only just fill the stadium.

For years we had the idiocy of the cheapest tickets being down the side in the lower tier, which were the prime seats. Albeit a legacy of the Kipppax, it was absurd. Everyone whinged when the price of these seats in the East stand were harmonised with the Colin Bell. They're the same standard!!!

By all means keep cheap(er) seats for the loyal fan, but it is unrealistic to expect these to remain prime seats as well. They will probably end up in the gods behind each goal.

City like our rivals play preseason friendlies around the globe where tickets cost £100-£200. So the demand is collosal.

As a club, success breeds success and success breeds demand and prices will go up. There is no easy way of addressing this issue.

You are Ferran Soriano and I claim my £5

Not so sure - it has an international airport and is easier to get to from London than Manchester - so will get some corporates buying.
Odd they have done it for all the 4 matches, though. £80 to pay for a Cat 4 team is a joke.
having an airport means fuck all, im that case next time hibs get in europe they can charge whatever .

Are villa expecting thousands of international fans? even we don't

corporate sales won't be filling the holt end

---------

Anyone who thinks season ticket holder are the problem and we need more random fans make me despair

Last edited:
Can’t remember who it was against, but a few seasons ago they slashed the prices first game back when testing the digital season tickets. It was bouncing.

I was in the South Stand lower for Huddersfield in the FA Cup last season and the concourse was great. Regardless of cheap drinks, I’d go back in early for that easy. There was seating, a DJ etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.