Dynamo Kyiv Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're will everyone be on Wednesday afternoon?? I'm travelling alone so would be good to meet fellow blues

I'm currently in my hotel sushi bar (Hotel Rus) that had no rice or fish.

I'm sure others will post but I'd also be interested to know where people will be meeting having travelled alone.

Some limited pointers so far...

I would reccomend LingoTaxi to get from the airport if anyone is wondering how to go about it. It cost about €20 one way in a modern, private car. English speaking driver, holding a sign with your name on etc.. Can pre-pay via PayPal too. Booked it via the net at Gatwick and reduced the messing around.

There are cash machines in the terminal after getting through customs (to the left). Maximum withdrawal was 2,000 Ukraine (about £50). There was no currency available at Gatwick's exchanges, even though it was advertised in the kiosks.

They take Euros on the plane (didn't seem like £s though), which might be worth getting for that trip. €4 for a sandwich and drink.

Really positive for this game think we will win by the odd goal.

Hart

sagna
vinny
otamendi
clichy

Fernando
diniho
yaya

sterling
aguero
silva

and same again for the scousers on Sunday!
Can only be this team really which should be strong enough for a draw at the least.

Really positive for this game think we will win by the odd goal.

Hart

sagna
vinny
otamendi
clichy

Fernando
diniho
yaya

sterling
aguero
silva

and same again for the scousers on Sunday!
I can't seen Zabaleta, Fernando, Demichelis, Iheanacho or Kolarov starting seeing as they played close to 90 mins on Sunday.

The midfield is a mystery. Fernandinho, Sterling, Silva, Yaya plus ANO? You've got Fernando in there but if he was going to play would he have started v Chelsea and played 80 minutes?

According to the MEN this is the squad for the game: Hart, Caballero, Wright, Gunn, Sagna, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany, Mangala, Otamendi, Kolarov, Clichy, Toure, Fernando, Fernandinho, M Garcia, Sterling, Silva, Barker, Iheanacho, Aguero

Mangala is back which is good news. Some cover in case Kompany or Otamendi get injured.

I can't seen Zabaleta, Fernando, Demichelis, Iheanacho or Kolarov starting seeing as they played close to 90 mins on Sunday.

The midfield is a mystery. Fernandinho, Sterling, Silva, Yaya plus ANO? You've got Fernando in there but if he was going to play would he have started v Chelsea and played 80 minutes?

According to the MEN this is the squad for the game: Hart, Caballero, Wright, Gunn, Sagna, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany, Mangala, Otamendi, Kolarov, Clichy, Toure, Fernando, Fernandinho, M Garcia, Sterling, Silva, Barker, Iheanacho, Aguero

Mangala is back which is good news. Some cover in case Kompany or Otamendi get injured.

Think fernando will do another 60 min stint to be replaced by demi after that or zabba

Think fernando will do another 60 min stint to be replaced by demi after that or zabba
Why did Pellegrini start him. Could have played Demichelis there, or Zabaleta. If the starting line up v Chelsea was dictated by our game in Kiev would be odd to start a player who you intended to play against Kiev. We need him to play because Toure will be useless off the ball and Silva and Sterling aren't the most physical of players. Once again we'll be asking miracles of Fernandinho and Fernando. At this level you need 11 fit players. I get why Pellegrini felt he had to play a weakened team v Chelsea, but it's all undermined by selecting a player who weakens the team.

Why did Pellegrini start him. Could have played Demichelis there, or Zabaleta. If the starting line up v Chelsea was dictated by our game in Kiev would be odd to start a player who you intended to play against Kiev. We need him to play because Toure will be useless off the ball and Silva and Sterling aren't the most physical of players. Once again we'll be asking miracles of Fernandinho and Fernando. At this level you need 11 fit players. I get why Pellegrini felt he had to play a weakened team v Chelsea, but it's all undermined by selecting a player who weakens the team.

Can you go a day or go on a thread without resorting to posting about Toure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.