Dynamo Kyiv Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most of us, going over in my mind time and again whether it was the correct decision to play the side we did yesterday.
just a thought. Do you think the senior players have a say? We are probably not going to win the CL but our outside chance would be Serg to pull off something spectacular. He would obviously love to win this competition. Do you think he may have asked to be left out of the squad yesterday as a precaution?
No.

Like most of us, going over in my mind time and again whether it was the correct decision to play the side we did yesterday.
just a thought. Do you think the senior players have a say? We are probably not going to win the CL but our outside chance would be Serg to pull off something spectacular. He would obviously love to win this competition. Do you think he may have asked to be left out of the squad yesterday as a precaution?
With the state of our injuries, I think we had to play a weakened team although how weakened is a big question.

At least we get to focus stretched playing resources on fewer fixtures. The standard excuse but if you have only 13 fit senior players as Pellegrini claimed then you can't compete on 4 fronts.

I agree to a degree but bear in mind the Danish side that just beat the rags hadn't played for weeks either.
We shouldn't be judging anything we do against that shower of shit.
The reality is we got the draw we wanted and are up against a side who havnt played competitively for 3 months(like our entire close season).
We have also sacrificed the FAC to rest players so we should be more than capable of getting a good result even considering our form.

Midgets showed against United last week, a winter break won't have any impact on fitness levels.

They ran the legs off United and Kiev are dangerous, very dangerous.

It goes both ways, Zenit were playing way under their standard against Benfica in their first match after the winter break. It all depends on how the different clubs have prepared themselves, there's no way of knowing if we'll come up against a rusty Kiev or a refreshed Kiev.

This will be tough. Think the starting 11 picks itself.

Hart

Sagna Kompany Otamendi Clichy

Fernandinho Fernando

Sterling Yaya Silva

Aguero

Kyiv will be very fresh and this could get ugly. We've a good starting 11 but not much change from a bench point of view. Bony & Mangala look close to returns but featured in training pics today.

I'm gunna go for a 2-2 draw but I wouldn't be surprised if we got beat or won for that matter :) should be a good game.

Come on City.

After Sundays EDS match, this is now a must win for a number of reasons. If we lose, we will be ripped to shreds by oppo fans and the media... just CBA with that happening lol

At least some bodies are returning, glad to see Manu travel with the squad, in the Chelsea game he was the one that looked most comfortable at that level.

At least some bodies are returning, glad to see Manu travel with the squad, in the Chelsea game he was the one that looked most comfortable at that level.

Based on those quotes the starting XI and subs pick themselves

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Otamendi Clichy
Fernando
Silva Fernandinho Toure Sterling
Aguero

Caballero
Sagna
Mangala
Kolarov
Barker
M Garcia
Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.