Dynamo Kyiv Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is, will our players be intimidated by the hostile atmosphere in Kiev?

Recent showings would suggest yes. I foresee a 2 nil defeat and then we will be 1 down in the home leg before we start playing, win 3-1 and go out on away goals....

I would love to be proved wrong....

Many of these players have 5 seasons of Chumps League football behind them and in one case a winners medal.

Of course the crowd will be hostile , it should be as ours should be towards them home and away.

If our players are influenced by the crowd ( as long as they don't start throwing knives and hard metal at them on mass ) in that regard then they can stay indoors and let others who are not play for the team.

We have enough problems regarding player moral , poor form , poor management to concern ourselves over.

Crowd hostility is the least of them and not even worth mentioning.

On current from we go there as under dogs and we have to defend as if our lives depend on it to get anything out of this game.

When does the team travel to Kiev ?

Wouldn't it make sense for the players not involved in today's squad to have gone there ahead of the ones who were involved today ?
Doesn't the club charter a special plane for the whole squad plus support crew?

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany (c) Otamendi Clichy
Fernando
Silva Toure Fernandinho Sterling
Aguero

Caballero
Demichelis
Sagna
Kolarov
A Garcia
M Garcia
Iheanacho

We shouldn't struggle to control this game at all,this will be a team that hasn't played a competitive game since early December and surely won't be up to speed.
We probably couldn't have picked a better last 16 game and should really look to have the tie all but over after the first game even allowing for our poor current form.
A good result would also give us a bit of breathing space for the 2nd leg and to concentrate on getting our league bid back up and running.
I agree to a degree but bear in mind the Danish side that just beat the rags hadn't played for weeks either.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany (c) Otamendi Clichy
Fernando
Silva Toure Fernandinho Sterling
Aguero

Caballero
Demichelis
Sagna
Kolarov
A Garcia
M Garcia
Iheanacho
I am not sure if that boy Adarabioyo is eligible for the Champs League, but if he is, he should replace Demichelis in that squad. After yesterdays "performance" I'd prefer not to see Demichelis in any squad again ever. There is no way Adarabioyo can be worse than Demichelis.

I'd take a score draw now. I'm not sure MP can get a performance out of the players though. We can't lose 4 on the bounce surely?!

--------------------------Hart------------------------------
Sagna-------Kompany---------Otamendi-------Clichy
---------------A. Garcia-------Dinho---------------------
M. Garcia--------------Silva----------------Sterling
--------------------------Kun-----------------------------

Would love this to be the team. Would love to give up on Yaya unless absolutely needed.

Both Garcia's are already good enough to be integrated into this team. I hope Pep watched yesterday, he could have a new Xavi and Busquets on his hands.

Be brave, chuck them in and it may just give us the fresh start and impetus that we need to kick start the season and win us some trophies.

Might just save us £80m too

I am not sure if that boy Adarabioyo is eligible for the Champs League, but if he is, he should replace Demichelis in that squad. After yesterdays "performance" I'd prefer not to see Demichelis in any squad again ever. There is no way Adarabioyo can be worse than Demichelis.

I think the commentary team yesterday mentioned he'd been on our bench twice in the Champions League this year and I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.