Dzeko and Negredo partnership

Tricky_Trev said:
Barcon said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Yes. Are you one of those that thinks playing 1 up front is defensive?

I'm one of those that thinks playing with a lone striker at Blackburn would be more defensive than playing with two. We seem to have scored a lot of goals playing with two strikers.
It's not really defensive though is it if it means we end up with about 65-70% possession, as opposed to having no control and looking vulnerable in midfield. We'd have created MORE chances p laying 1 upfront, due to us being able to dominate. With Aguero out, we should never play 2 upfront in my opinion.

We had 70% possession v Blackburn. I agree, we would have created more chances if we would have played with Jovetic or Nasri instead of Dzeko, but Pelle wanted to rest those players. I think he expected us to get a couple of goals in the first half and then take off a striker in the second. I also think he thought having a four man midfield would be enough for us to dominate the midfield. The problem was no creativity, if Kolorov or Zabby would have played the two forwards might have scored a bagfull.

murcian blue said:
instead of playing Dzeco as a second striker you would be better knocking a stump in the ground at least it would not fall over if one of the other teams players ran into it he is good sub when the other side are slowing down but if played from the start we are playing with 10 men

ENJOY !!
Dzeko had created 3 clear chances for Negredo to score. Plus assist for his goal. Negredo just one clear chance for Dzeko. Dzeko was stronger on the ball than usual. Did not lost many balls. Had great pass accuracy 87 %. And was second best rated City player in the team. Dont wory Dzeko will be gone soon. So Negredo will have great chance to prove how good he is, when he must perform. Especially in those PL away games where he need more than 550 min to score Away goal.
u3vp9dgerrl37umvofd.jpg

Shaelumstash said:
It doesn't work, I don't know what it will take for Pellegrini to realise this.
to me that partnership is working perfectly and exceeding pellegrini's expectations.... and its all thanks to the master djeko, the greatest bosnian player ever. you know what, if it were not for djeko, mansour would have never bought city.

citijin said:
Shaelumstash said:
It doesn't work, I don't know what it will take for Pellegrini to realise this.
to me that partnership is working perfectly and exceeding pellegrini's expectations.... and its all thanks to the master djeko, the greatest bosnian player ever. you know what, if it were not for djeko, mansour would have never bought city.

You dont have a clue. Bosnia have had tons of great players and still have. Despite of being small country. And despite of the war. You can take Dzekos manager Safet Susic for example.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYadC5gDbc8[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxAeJmDp39c[/youtube] ( 3 goals against Argentina ).

Who is Safet Susic: Safet "Pape" Sui is a Bosnian former footballer and current manager of the Bosnia and Herzegovina national football team. In his playing days, he operated as a playmaking attacking midfielder with superb passing ability and an excellent goalscoring record. In 2010, he was voted Paris Saint-Germain's best player of all time by French sport magazine France Football 's readers. In August 2012, he was voted the best foreign player of the French league of all time by French sport magazine France Football. He is strongly reputed to have been one of the finest European players of his generation

There is no partnership it's painful to watch. Negredo should play as a lone striker with dzeko being a super sub

Baka Sliskovic said:
murcian blue said:
instead of playing Dzeco as a second striker you would be better knocking a stump in the ground at least it would not fall over if one of the other teams players ran into it he is good sub when the other side are slowing down but if played from the start we are playing with 10 men

ENJOY !!
Dzeko had created 3 clear chances for Negredo to score. Plus assist for his goal. Negredo just one clear chance for Dzeko. Dzeko was stronger on the ball than usual. Did not lost many balls. Had great pass accuracy 87 %. And was second best rated City player in the team. Dont wory Dzeko will be gone soon. So Negredo will have great chance to prove how good he is, when he must perform. Especially in those PL away games where he need more than 550 min to score Away goal.
u3vp9dgerrl37umvofd.jpg

The facts don't lie - Dzeko > Negredo in this game, but over the season, Negredo has been streets ahead.

dave_blue12 said:
invincible said:
enjoyyyy guyssss

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MKkiW14TqQ[/youtube]

Thanks - enjoyed that

You are welcome. Enjoy THIS !!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjPHTlCvkuA[/youtube]

Barcon said:
I agree that it doesn't work (apart from Dzekos assist to Negredo for the goal), but what is the manager supposed to do, start with one striker against Blackburn?

Yes. We looked a lot more dangerous going forwards with 5 in midfield when Navas came on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.