Dzeko / Bent article in Guardian

ibruzi said:
Don't know about Wenger, but I've heard rumours that Chelsea is interested in buying him. Saying Lampard is getting too old and they are relying too much on him, smthing like that.

Wenger is usually first too the top talent in France.

ibruzi said:
Pjanic, I think, has the potential to be world-class. He's like, 20 or 21 years old, plays a very good passing game and has an extremely good shot, especially from free kicks. It's a real pity that he doesn't get too much minutes in Lyon, cus he deserves them. He scored some really important goals for Lyon as well (Champions League last season, decisive goal vs Real Madrid) and some nice free kick goals before that.

It's on and off, he got plenty last year and used them really well. I see that as being to his benefit as well, he need to mature a bit, like any talent his age, and that's really the only way to keep him interested and hungry enough. Just sitting on the bench all the time, or playing all the time are actually riskier in my view.

On top of that, he's getting a fair share of action playing for his national team now consistently, so that's a great complement to what he's getting in France.

Well if he needs any persuading,apart from the huge pay on offer,lets hope Dzeko can convince him.Nailing down a champions league place this season is of huge importance,then we can attract just about anyone we want.

scowy68 said:
ibruzi said:
Don't know about Wenger, but I've heard rumours that Chelsea is interested in buying him. Saying Lampard is getting too old and they are relying too much on him, smthing like that.

Well, he does have some really good players playing in his position, so maybe he doesn't need him?
Anyway, would be nice to buy him. I think he can grow into a really good player. As for the national team, he only started playing regularly the last few games, since B&H changed their coach.

scowy68 said:
ibruzi said:

Yes, but occasionally he's late into the game... I bet he's kicking himself because of Valbuena, typical Arsenal material, so to speak. Pjanic, I'm not sure whether he'd fit into Arsenal, he's more of an intelligent playmaker who can also step on the ball, or simply flick it over, sort of half-half Arsenal-wise.

Watch this, it's gorgeous in its simplicity (Pjanic assist):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu131NrPLFA[/youtube]

wanderer72 said:
scowy68 said:

Yes, but occasionally he's late into the game... I bet he's kicking himself because of Valbuena, typical Arsenal material, so to speak. Pjanic, I'm not sure whether he'd fit into Arsenal, he's more of an intelligent playmaker who can also step on the ball, or simply flick it over, sort of half-half Arsenal-wise.

So I bet you watched a lot of Bosnia matches...and I'm starting to think you're bosnian too...you know quite a lot about our players...any way, reports here say that chelsea are on to him...and he's not getting much time in lyon not because he's young but because they signed gourcuff, and well...he's french, he has to play...and plays in roughly the same position...but Pjanic is pure class, and a really nice lad...his future is bright...

here's a video showing off his scoring and free kick abilities
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2LvoZKqdxQ[/youtube]

scowy68 said:
Well if he needs any persuading,apart from the huge pay on offer,lets hope Dzeko can convince him.Nailing down a champions league place this season is of huge importance,then we can attract just about anyone we want.

Dzeko is probably banging on about him to Mancini already, jumping out of the toilet stalls "just to suggest something, if you don't mind, Sir"... ;)

About Pjanic and Spahic, maybe even Salihovic. If he hasn't started yet he surely will at some point... Hope Mancini doesn't attribute it to Dzeko acting on his patriotic duty, all three are great players. The latter two are seriously high in "bang for the buck" terms, while Pjanic is already priced accordingly (EUR15-18 million, I believe).

wanderer72 said:
scowy68 said:

Dzeko is probably banging on about him to Mancini already, jumping out of the toilet stalls "just to suggest something, if you don't mind, Sir"... ;)

About Pjanic and Spahic, maybe even Salihovic. If he hasn't started yet he surely will at some point... Hope Mancini doesn't attribute it to Dzeko acting on his patriotic duty, all three are great players. The latter two are seriously high in "bang for the buck" terms, while Pjanic is already priced accordingly (EUR15-18 million, I believe).

bidding seems to start at 20 million EUR (as reported few days ago) for Pjanic...Spahic was in Villa talks but will stay at Montpellier until the summer...Salihovic and Hoffenheim, seems like that fairytale isn't a fairytale after all, the team is not performing as some want it to, so he might be up for grabs come summer...and Ibisevic also, it will be an interesting summer for us bosnians :)

No17 said:
wanderer72 said:

So I bet you watched a lot of Bosnia matches...and I'm starting to think you're bosnian too...you know quite a lot about our players...any way, reports here say that chelsea are on to him...and he's not getting much time in lyon not because he's young but because they signed gourcuff, and well...he's french, he has to play...and plays in roughly the same position...but Pjanic is pure class, and a really nice lad...his future is bright...

here's a video showing off his scoring and free kick abilities
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2LvoZKqdxQ[/youtube]

I play a lot of FIFA Manager, as someone suggested... ;) Hope they meant FIFA11 really, cause I've never even installed that thing.

Anyway, Gourcoff has to be the starting option in Lyon because he's, quite naturally and rather clearly, a more mature player, not just because he's French. Pjanic will get more play than he ever wished for, don't worry about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.