Dzeko / Bent article in Guardian

Well, I think you may be up for a big, big surprise, unless Tevez finally gets what's going on and that he can't keep doing what he's been doing despite all the changes which were meant to be implemented, probably even before Dzeko signed, and which would have been taking place even if Wofsburg kept their star striker with another firm "No, the price is actually 50 million now"... In conclusion, it actually has nothing to do with Dzeko's arrival. Mancini would have played Balo or Jo instead of him, at least until the summer.

I really wanted it to work for Jo,but the lad just isn't good enough.Balotelli on the other hand has got the ability to become a world class striker,although it's not clear as of yet,whether he has the right attitude to become a success here over a long period of time.I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in another forward next season,especially with Adebayor and Jo on the way out.I do expect us to finish in the top four this season,which would leave us one striker short next season if we did.

scowy68 said:
I really wanted it to work for Jo,but the lad just isn't good enough.Balotelli on the other hand has got the ability to become a world class striker,although it's not clear as of yet,whether he has the right attitude to become a success here over a long period of time.I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in another forward next season,especially with Adebayor and Jo on the way out.I do expect us to finish in the top four this season,which would leave us one striker short next season if we did.

I don't think Mancini prioritises another striker, even though he probably wouldn't say "no" to a good offer. This even if/when Tevez leaves. Maybe if he manages to get rid of everyone apart from Balo, Dzeko and Jo, which seems to be his current goal.

So, I wouldn't write Jo off just yet, I guess he may be waiting for Tevez to leave, so that he can make a case for becoming at least a consistent bencher with an occasional start, and who knows where that could take him... For as much as I've seen him (not too much), I agree with you in your assessment, but who knows...

My next priority would be a world class centre half,Kompany has been outstanding this season,but Kolo is looking past his best and Lescott is not world class.Someone did mention playing Boateng there,i'm not sure about that.I wish Daniel Van Buyten was a few years younger,i loved him during his short time at City.

I'd also love to see another creative Midfield player in the squad,even if it was just to bring from the bench,i remember how Bernabia would come off the bench and change games for City.When Silva isn't fit,we lack a player that can open teams up.

I think Boateng is extremely talented, and that reminds me... The thing that impresses me the most when it comes to Mancini, is how he has collected such an impressive list of relatively young talent in his rather short management of City.

Hart, Boateng, Kolarov, Balotelli, Dzeko, Milner, kept Johnson... This list in my view can only mean that he's systematically building a world class team to last rather than take the easier path of insisting on quick fixes and plugs like his recent predecessors, and if anyone can do it, he can.

i certainly hope so,it worked for the rags with the odd addition of a world class player or two,and Wenger does attempt to bring players through together as well.Are you not surprised that Mancini has chose not to tap into some of the young talent in his own country,as Wenger and benitez did before him?

Forgot Silva, and he certainly doesn't deserve it...

Not really, after all he brought Balo in from Inter, which is some fantastic risk management in my view. Yes, very risky as he's a bit young and behaves it ;), but his talent is immense... I think he can easily mature into a giant, under the right leadership, and Mancini can provide plenty of it.

When it comes to younger talent and the additional midfielder you mentioned, I've now officially managed to bore myself to bits banging on about Pjanic of Lyon. If you are not already aware of him, look him up, the kid is pure class too yet has stats that even you would buy ;)... That would roughly wrap up a CL champion for a number of years to come, in my view...

Pjanic, I think, has the potential to be world-class. He's like, 20 or 21 years old, plays a very good passing game and has an extremely good shot, especially from free kicks. It's a real pity that he doesn't get too much minutes in Lyon, cus he deserves them. He scored some really important goals for Lyon as well (Champions League last season, decisive goal vs Real Madrid) and some nice free kick goals before that.

The additional midfielder is important and i'll check your facts and stats lol! the centre half is equally important,we all know how title winning sides are built on solid defensive partnerships as well.I might even go the whole hog and bring a keeper who might keeper Joe on his toes,that's if Given does leave.

He's just become a little bit too complacent of late for my liking,but it's nothing we haven't seen before from young players that progress quickly, and think they are the be all and end all.

Surprised Wenger hasn't picked up on your young superstar from france?

Don't know about Wenger, but I've heard rumours that Chelsea is interested in buying him. Saying Lampard is getting too old and they are relying too much on him, smthing like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.