Dzeko / Bent article in Guardian

Dzeko is a better player, he's clearly quality but at the end of the day, Dzeko will also be on nearly double wages than Bent and in terms of importance to the team, Bent will be more important to Villa than Dzeko at City I would imagine so in terms of fee's, I've personally got no problem, Bent has now the same amount of goals as Rooney and Drogba so when you buy a player who can score so many goal, almost guarenteed...it's going to be worth the money.

Would Bent get into City? No, but Bent is a quality proven Premiership striker and that costs money. You buy a goalscorer like that somewhere out the Premiership and he costs £4-5 million less but they'd of never played in the Prem before and it's not a guarentee that they will perform and adapt, hence the larger fee.

Villan10 said:
Dzeko is a better player, he's clearly quality but at the end of the day, Dzeko will also be on nearly double wages than Bent and in terms of importance to the team, Bent will be more important to Villa than Dzeko at City I would imagine so in terms of fee's, I've personally got no problem, Bent has now the same amount of goals as Rooney and Drogba so when you buy a player who can score so many goal, almost guarenteed...it's going to be worth the money.

Would Bent get into City? No, but Bent is a quality proven Premiership striker and that costs money. You buy a goalscorer like that somewhere out the Premiership and he costs £4-5 million less but they'd of never played in the Prem before and it's not a guarentee that they will perform and adapt, hence the larger fee.
Well done on your win today, you played our own preferred system to perfection.

Are Villa fans stating to back GH? Because it was pretty gruesome towards him when you played us at CoMS.

Bluemoon115 said:
Villan10 said:

Well done on your win today, you played our own preferred system to perfection.

Are Villa fans stating to back GH? Because it was pretty gruesome towards him when you played us at CoMS.

Well I think every Villa fan WANTS to back him, of course after the signing of Bent, Makoun...the fact Chairman have backed us and the win today means pretty much everyone is behind him. Because, we should be pretty safe as long as we put in similar committed displays throughout the season. Plenty of us however were extremely worried, especially after the Sunderland game, I think we went into the bottom 3, then you start really thinking that we could be relegated...at that point, I think it was something like 75% of Villa fans wanted him gone and for us to just get someone in short term just to keep us up and then look in the summer.

Recent weeks though, just started to actually look like a team, from our pretty trusted ITK's, the sort of split camp has ended, few players have been sold, players have realised the shit we are in and it seems with the signings, everyone is just together. Well probably shown today but also in the Blues match where we should of beat them with the chances we had. So although we aren't fully convinced, we are starting to look alot better and as long as we continue this sort of performances, I think most fans will want to see him being given a crack next season. We're not out of shit yet though!

black mamba said:
Lets not do Bent an injustice though eh?

The guy does score goals , and his record speaks for itself .....

we defend like we have been doing in recent games , and he'll be addin' to that record tomorrow!

bump..

Villan10 said:

The "Premiership" adapting thing is a myth, any decent striker would fit in here. You cannot deny his goalscoring ability, one that outsmarts Bent by miles. Bent has one dimension to his play, Dzeko can score literally from anywhere that makes him valuable.

David Silva is 5ft 6" and he has been the best player i've seen in a city shirt but you could easily pigeonhole him into a set of people that 'wouldn't fit into the Premiership. Robinho was similar but he didn't put the work in and basically it was said he never adapted here but it was his own fault... It's a myth, if a player want's to adapt he will, Dzeko will.

It's arguable that this so called Premiership myth is what is destroying England as an international team, players that are shackled by one single method of playing and they say this is the best league in the world when in reality our best teams are a long way behind the best in La Liga for example. How many English players can you name playing for a top European side outside of the UK...

+1.

It's all about attitude, if you want it, you can do it. Dzeko will be needing few more games, defenders in EPL are very rough compared to Bundesliga defenders. He said that the other day for bosnian media, but also said that he loves that kind of challenge, and that he will beat them easily once fully fit.

Bent is a very good player, thats for sure. But better than Dzeko, not really.

Bent had one shot and made just 17 passes yesterday. Dzeko had 6 shots and 42 passes.

Shame the stat that counts is 1 to 0.

fc zeljeznicar said:
+1.

It's all about attitude, if you want it, you can do it. Dzeko will be needing few more games, defenders in EPL are very rough compared to Bundesliga defenders. He said that the other day for bosnian media, but also said that he loves that kind of challenge, and that he will beat them easily once fully fit.

Bent is a very good player, thats for sure. But better than Dzeko, not really.

I don't think they are much rougher than in the Bundesliga, it's just that Webb was refereeing...

The first Clarke tackle that took Dzeko off of his feet was a straight yellow card even in the EPL, yet he just warned the bloody butcher.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.