Dzeko - How well did he play?

NewbBlue said:
Technique and intelligence is more important than pace.

Anyway, why the argument? Granted I wasn't able to watch the match, but Dzeko scored a decisive goal. Can someone tell me how he did overall?

Apart from a couple of posters I would say there's no argument.
Again he had a good game for me, due to a lack of opportunities he had to come deep on occasions to get involved and shown a great 1st touch and awareness and the one clear goalscoring chance he had (only the 2nd in 3 games) he got in the right area and finished it convincingly.

Nurah,

I agree completely with you.

I remember it being said when Sven was in charge, in relation to Martin Petrov.

People in this country are too quick to focus on what players can't / don't do (weaknesses) rather than what they can do (strengths).

On another note, I don't know if anyone has written this, because I can't be bothered reading through all the posts made on this thread this afternoon, but I think that will turn out to be a very important goal for City, not in the context of the game, which it obviousl was, but more for the player who scored it.

Edin has now got the monkey off his back, even if it was in the Cup to lower league opposition.

That idiot Dury said not long before the goal, "Džeko has played nearly four hours in England now and is yet to score", or words to that effect.

Vienna_70 said:
Nurah,

People in this country are too quick to focus on what players can't / don't do (weaknesses) rather than what they can do (strengths).

On another note, I don't know if anyone has written this, because I can't be bothered reading through all the posts made on this thread this afternoon, but I think that will turn out to be a very important goal for City, not in the context of the game, which it obviousl was, but more for the player who scored it.

Edin has now got the monkey off his back, even if it was in the Cup to lower league opposition.

That idiot Dury said not long before the goal, "Džeko has played nearly four hours in England now and is yet to score", or words to that effect.
That was the main positive to take from the game. A new striker getting his first goal is important as it can become a millstone

Vienna_70 said:
Nurah,

Agreed, my cheer had a couple of extra octaves on it due to Dzeko getting it, now there will be plenty to follow.

The problem with our play is that we create fck all without Tevez, Silva and AJ.
Dzeko is a goal scorer but needs service and the service he has had since he arrived has been poor.

We are playing shite at the moment and have been for 4 or 5 games and he has had to contend with this also. He looks off the pace so far and thats probably sue to the winter break.

WTF he is doing covering at left back I dont know. He should be up front at all times. We have enough defensive minded players to do that job.

So let's get this straight. Dzeko - 3 matches.
1.Dzeko makes impressive debut in new league, making an assist.
2. Dzeko's second game is decent overall in a weak display from Man City in which no one scored for City.
3. Dzeko scores decisive goal in a difficult match on a horrible pitch on a weak day for entire team
3 games, 1 assist, 1 goal.
Seems like a very good start to me - especially as service has been awful for him.

byronic said:
So let's get this straight. Dzeko - 3 matches.
1.Dzeko makes impressive debut in new league, making an assist.
2. Dzeko's second game is decent overall in a weak display from Man City in which no one scored for City.
3. Dzeko scores decisive goal in a difficult match on a horrible pitch on a weak day for entire team
3 games, 1 assist, 1 goal.
Seems like a very good start to me - especially as service has been awful for him.

Exactly - he also beget first chance in the game sendig a great ball for Micah Richards, who then made a nice crossing for Yaya.

Just looking through fixtures for the next few weeks and noticed this: Thursday 10th February 2011 International, Mexico v Bosnia-Herzegovina 01.00, in USA. I hope City have arranged for Dzeko to duck out of this one, that is the last thing we need before the derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.