Dzeko - How well did he play?

Almost certainly he'll start. He didn't participate in the FA cup and if Mancini played him from the start against the Wolves having not participated in a game since mid-December, he'll definitely play him here. I'm looking forward to it now that he'll be in better shape.

Dzeko's presence on the field seems to be a great benefit to Tevez and the team. Tevez has a freer role which, as the Wolves game showed, works very well for him. The two forwards will score, the pressure is on City's defense to not let any in.

Here is a fair video recap:

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/video/allvideos-22327918/scouting-report-edin-dzeko-23887660" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/ ... o-23887660</a>

bleu20 said:
Almost certainly he'll start. He didn't participate in the FA cup and if Mancini played him from the start against the Wolves having not participated in a game since mid-December, he'll definitely play him here. I'm looking forward to it now that he'll be in better shape.

Dzeko's presence on the field seems to be a great benefit to Tevez and the team. Tevez has a freer role which, as the Wolves game showed, works very well for him. The two forwards will score, the pressure is on City's defense to not let any in.

But it changes the whole dynamic to what has been a very successful away set-up. Not sure Bobby will do that immediately

Anyone think BM may go for 4-3-2-1 away from home?

.....Yaya....NDJ.....Barry....
........Tevez....Silva..........
..............Dzeko..............

Subs (attacking): Balo, Johnson, Jo?, Milner?

Easy to switch to a 4-4-2 by Silva dropping to LW, AJ on right and Tevez moving up. Or change to a 4-2-3-1 by Balo going to AM(L), Silva AM(R) and Tevez going central. In both cases one of the midfield 3 will have to go.

Having Tevez a bit deeper almost gives us another midfielder seeing as he likes to drop back a lot.

Lots of great tactical options for Bobby in a game.

bluemoondays said:

Easy to switch to a 4-4-2 by Silva dropping to LW, AJ on right and Tevez moving up. Or change to a 4-2-3-1 by Balo going to AM(L), Silva AM(R) and Tevez going central. In both cases one of the midfield 3 will have to go.

Having Tevez a bit deeper almost gives us another midfielder seeing as he likes to drop back a lot.

I agree with that...4-3-2-1 seems pretty interesting, and it does allow the transformation...

wanderer72 said:
Here is a fair video recap:

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/video/allvideos-22327918/scouting-report-edin-dzeko-23887660" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/ ... o-23887660</a>

too bad I can't watch it from here....not allowed...

bluemoondays said:

Oh Christmas tree, oh christmas tree....

Not seen that used for ages. I don't think you can really assign our front 3 a set position Dzeko will be a focal point but it'll be very fluid I'd imagine.

From the OS...

Thu 20 Jan 2011, 3:53PM
Posted by David Clayton
Edin Dzeko is likely to return to City's starting line-up having missed out on the midweek FA Cup win over Leicester City, Roberto Mancini has revealed.

The Bosnian striker made an impressive debut against Wolves last weekend but was cup-tied for the Foxes replay and the Blues' boss is looking forward to having Dzeko available again at Villa Park.

"Edin has settled well and he will improve as the weeks go by," said Mancini. "He has come from another country and it will take him four or five games to get used to the style and pace of the Premier League because it is different from the Bundesliga, but I thought he made a good start against Wolves.

wanderer72 said:
From the OS...

Thu 20 Jan 2011, 3:53PM
Posted by David Clayton
Edin Dzeko is likely to return to City's starting line-up having missed out on the midweek FA Cup win over Leicester City, Roberto Mancini has revealed.

The Bosnian striker made an impressive debut against Wolves last weekend but was cup-tied for the Foxes replay and the Blues' boss is looking forward to having Dzeko available again at Villa Park.

"Edin has settled well and he will improve as the weeks go by," said Mancini. "He has come from another country and it will take him four or five games to get used to the style and pace of the Premier League because it is different from the Bundesliga, but I thought he made a good start against Wolves.

Expected, wasn't it...the settling...and starting against Villa

I think so, but some other posters were questioning it. If Mancini is happy, and he seems to be, he's a go.

I presume this is a good sign as it aslo probably means that Mancini is going for a victory, despite recent speculations, and nothing else would please him.

There's a good read on Dzeko's background before coming to City on this blues' blog.

<a class="postlink" href="http://iwasonceajuniorblue.blogspot.com/2011/01/midnight-in-garden-of-edin.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://iwasonceajuniorblue.blogspot.com ... -edin.html</a>

Make of it what you will, but the signs look good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.