Dzeko looked like Samaras yesterday

BosnianDiamond said:
holy shit, no wonder strikers don' seem to want to stick around in City with this kind of idiotic prophecies and assessments. Dzeko played 3 games adjusting to a new team and league with 1 goal and 1 assist, all while working hard, endearing himself to the fans and his team mates. If he were to be selfish, he would have scored in the first game but his priority was to make sure he builds chemistry with his team. So please STFU.

If you "prophets" ever played a day of football in your lives you know how important is team chemistry. Mancini is still getting this team settled and success should not be judged by a price tag but by how much time a program had to succeed. Some of you City fans are worse than the media mentioning the price tag associated with every player. If you want to see a return on investment then you should show support and try to boost player confidence and cheer them on as they try to win a title or a CL spot. Man City is still a work in progress and it will take a couple of years until they can be considered a legitimate contender on an annual basis. It takes time to instill a certain philosophy, build team chemistry. This isn't FIFA 11 where you can expect players to miraculously understand each other and play well. It is a team game. Stop talking about how much money they cost and think of them as teammates!

Edin Dzeko will be a star in th English league. Why don't you let Mancini do what he does best? He will coach them up to be a winning team but it doesn't happen over night. Bottom line is the talent is there, Dzeko can do it all and you have seen flashes of brilliance. When in form he will prove deadlier than Ibrahimovic or Van Nistelrooy combined.

I am not just defending Dzeko, this goes for all the top players on the squad. They need time to build team chemistry and adjust to all the newcomers. City's future is bright, why so much negativity on this forum is beyond me?!

Hang on slagging off the City fans, please mate.

It's obvious the vast majority have great faith in Dzeko.

kiam06 said:
Sugarloaf said:
One chance, one goal. That's all that matters.

We knew before he signed that he aint the fastest in the world, but neither was Van Basten. I reckon with the right service, he will score plenty.

You must have missed the chances when he turned like a submarine and scuffed the ball not to mention the numerous times he was beaten in the air by smaller and men and the times the ball bounced 6ft off his foot when trying to hold it up, its easy to ignore all that though as he is going to be a legend for us.......

And now we're metioning Van Basten in the same paragraph as Dzeko and people think I'm the one on drugs??!!

It isn't a crime to admit our new star striker isn't quite what you all expected is it?
If someone says Van Basten wasn`t the quickest footballer i think thats fair comment.
If someone compares Dzeko to Samaras thats plain stupid.

Didsbury Dave said:
BosnianDiamond said:
holy shit, no wonder strikers don' seem to want to stick around in City with this kind of idiotic prophecies and assessments. Dzeko played 3 games adjusting to a new team and league with 1 goal and 1 assist, all while working hard, endearing himself to the fans and his team mates. If he were to be selfish, he would have scored in the first game but his priority was to make sure he builds chemistry with his team. So please STFU.

If you "prophets" ever played a day of football in your lives you know how important is team chemistry. Mancini is still getting this team settled and success should not be judged by a price tag but by how much time a program had to succeed. Some of you City fans are worse than the media mentioning the price tag associated with every player. If you want to see a return on investment then you should show support and try to boost player confidence and cheer them on as they try to win a title or a CL spot. Man City is still a work in progress and it will take a couple of years until they can be considered a legitimate contender on an annual basis. It takes time to instill a certain philosophy, build team chemistry. This isn't FIFA 11 where you can expect players to miraculously understand each other and play well. It is a team game. Stop talking about how much money they cost and think of them as teammates!

Edin Dzeko will be a star in th English league. Why don't you let Mancini do what he does best? He will coach them up to be a winning team but it doesn't happen over night. Bottom line is the talent is there, Dzeko can do it all and you have seen flashes of brilliance. When in form he will prove deadlier than Ibrahimovic or Van Nistelrooy combined.

I am not just defending Dzeko, this goes for all the top players on the squad. They need time to build team chemistry and adjust to all the newcomers. City's future is bright, why so much negativity on this forum is beyond me?!

I said "some fans" I know most are reasonable but then there are always noisy fringe elements who start new threads with "(fill in the blank) is shit!"

:)

wayne71 said:
The lad is simply saying what he sees, nowt wrong with that. He has also said he hopes to be proven wrong, I'm not convinced he will be (proven wrong).

there are opinions and there is complete hosre shit

BosnianDiamond said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I said "some fans" I know most are reasonable but then there are always noisy fringe elements who start new threads with "(fill in the blank) is shit!"

We have a saying "empty vessels make the most noise" !

I think the Bosnian Diamond might have a bit of a rose tinted view judging by the username, fair play for sticking up for Dzeko and I hope he goes on to be as good as most people seem to think he will be but this is The Premier League and it is alot tougher than the leagues he played in previously.

BosnianDiamond said:
Didsbury Dave said:

There are. But it's the same at every club, not just City. And forums magnify even the daftest opinions.

Just wanted to make that clear ;-)

I always though City had best fans, but I see now that I am proved wrong. Even if we trashed United 10:0 and everyone besides goalie would score a goal, some fag (not calling names *cough* kiam06) would come here and say that Hart is shit, didn't even tried to score goal, looked like Samaras. I blame hunter population increase though

If you said and argued "Dzeko is not right for this club" that is one thing - but saying he looked like Samaras, implying general ineptitude, based on one or three games even, is moronic. That means first of all, that you don't know him apart from these games - talking about him like he is some obscure little player picked out of the Brazilian jungle and not a proven striker wanted by every major club.
Dzeko is a great player, period, now how he turns out for City is another matter depending on tactics, form, and chemistry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.