Dzeko looked like Samaras yesterday

I agree with the OP, Dzeko has been absolutely balls in a city shirt so far.

The difference is I wouldn't make a topic about it since the guys only played a few games and I'm confident once he's settled he will be brilliant.

Some people need to put themself in the shoes of the player.. Imagine moving to a new country, you know no one there, you're put in a different league with a different style of football and people are expecting you to go out and score 20-30goals. Let the guy settle then judge him.

In my opinion he's better than I thought he was. I thought he was just a good player but it turns out he's very good with the potential to be great.

Revvv said:
I always though City had best fans, but I see now that I am proved wrong. Even if we trashed United 10:0 and everyone besides goalie would score a goal, some fag (not calling names *cough* kiam06) would come here and say that Hart is shit, didn't even tried to score goal, looked like Samaras. I blame hunter population increase though

Bwahahaha.

byronic said:
If you said and argued "Dzeko is not right for this club" that is one thing - but saying he looked like Samaras, implying general ineptitude, based on one or three games even, is moronic. That means first of all, that you don't know him apart from these games - talking about him like he is some obscure little player picked out of the Brazilian jungle and not a proven striker wanted by every major club.
Dzeko is a great player, period, now how he turns out for City is another matter depending on tactics, form, and chemistry.

If Dzeko was wanted by every major club he would not be at City to think otherwise is arrogant also the comparison to Samaras relates to the hype that came when Samaras joined, he was also touted as the next big thing but was unproven in the Premier League and was unable to cope with the pace and physicality of the league and this is what I am afraid might happen to Dzeko judging by what I have seen of him at City.

kiam06 said:
byronic said:
If you said and argued "Dzeko is not right for this club" that is one thing - but saying he looked like Samaras, implying general ineptitude, based on one or three games even, is moronic. That means first of all, that you don't know him apart from these games - talking about him like he is some obscure little player picked out of the Brazilian jungle and not a proven striker wanted by every major club.
Dzeko is a great player, period, now how he turns out for City is another matter depending on tactics, form, and chemistry.

If Dzeko was wanted by every major club he would not be at City to think otherwise is arrogant also the comparison to Samaras relates to the hype that came when Samaras joined, he was also touted as the next big thing but was unproven in the Premier League and was unable to cope with the pace and physicality of the league and this is what I am afraid might happen to Dzeko judging by what I have seen of him at City.

Samaras had scored half a dozen goals for the Athens Dock and Duck under 16s when he arrived.

Dzeko has a bagful of goals in the German top division and at international level.

More to the point, you can see his vision, touch and workrate. Fair play for sticking to your guns but I think you're wrong about this one.

Revvv said:
I always though City had best fans, but I see now that I am proved wrong. Even if we trashed United 10:0 and everyone besides goalie would score a goal, some fag (not calling names *cough* kiam06) would come here and say that Hart is shit, didn't even tried to score goal, looked like Samaras. I blame hunter population increase though

you are my new fav poster!

kiam06 said:
byronic said:

If carlsberg talked shite they would do no better than kiam06

20sbc07 said:
I agree with the OP, Dzeko has been absolutely balls in a city shirt so far.

The difference is I wouldn't make a topic about it since the guys only played a few games and I'm confident once he's settled he will be brilliant.

Some people need to put themself in the shoes of the player.. Imagine moving to a new country, you know no one there, you're put in a different league with a different style of football and people are expecting you to go out and score 20-30goals. Let the guy settle then judge him.
how you can say he has been balls is beyond me, though he had done well me self.

kiam06 said:
byronic said:

Well Dzeko was wanted by every major club other than Barcelona (ie Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan, MU, Arsenal, Bayern etc). The problem was that Wolfsburg were asking for 40 mil. plus euros and few could afford that. Anyway, Dzeko = giant, so he at least shouldn't have problem with physicality part of it, not that his pace is bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.