Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Edin Dzeko

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
I know there is a 100+ page thread on him, but i cant hear above all the shouting in there.

Obviously there has been a debate about dzeko's talents/abilities/potential. Personally, I think he will be great, but that's not what I posted to mention.

I just wanted to say that we live in an era where football teams, especially ones with the financial clout of Manchester City, have to be careful to avoid the money-grabbing, "mercenary" type of footballers. I think that Dzeko's attitude and his commitment to community service and humanitarianism is to be applauded. As one of the most prominent representatives for Bosnia in the European community, Dzeko has really stepped up to the plate to set a good example for young Bosnians - for those who don't know he was/is the first Bosnian UNICEF ambassador - and shows real maturity for someone who is only a 24-year-old.

In short, I think he is a great person to have at the club, and in Manchester, and truly seems to be a top-class individual. In a time when we have a lot of headline grabbers (Balo, Tevez, Kolo - who I love for the record) for the wrong reasons, it's good to have a professional like this in the dressing room.

Keep the goals comin, Edin, and long may you be a blue.

(and for the record, no, I am not Bosnian)

I think your opinion is more important than others on the 100 page + thread and am therefore glad you started a new thread. This way everyone will get to read your opinion above all others.

:)

Good player and he still needs time to adapt to the league but at the moment I'd rather play Tevez and Balotelli.

For me this boy will be a Diamond (see what i did there) for us next season, this season is going to bed him in and next season he will blow the prem apart

Remember Tevez first 6 months in the Prem where pretty shit then once he figured it out it changed for him

Feed the Elk said:
Bulldoglikeapproach said:
I know there is a 100+ page thread on him, but i cant hear above all the shouting in there.

Obviously there has been a debate about dzeko's talents/abilities/potential. Personally, I think he will be great, but that's not what I posted to mention.

I just wanted to say that we live in an era where football teams, especially ones with the financial clout of Manchester City, have to be careful to avoid the money-grabbing, "mercenary" type of footballers. I think that Dzeko's attitude and his commitment to community service and humanitarianism is to be applauded. As one of the most prominent representatives for Bosnia in the European community, Dzeko has really stepped up to the plate to set a good example for young Bosnians - for those who don't know he was/is the first Bosnian UNICEF ambassador - and shows real maturity for someone who is only a 24-year-old.

In short, I think he is a great person to have at the club, and in Manchester, and truly seems to be a top-class individual. In a time when we have a lot of headline grabbers (Balo, Tevez, Kolo - who I love for the record) for the wrong reasons, it's good to have a professional like this in the dressing room.

Keep the goals comin, Edin, and long may you be a blue.

(and for the record, no, I am not Bosnian)

I think your opinion is more important than others on the 100 page + thread and am therefore glad you started a new thread. This way everyone will get to read your opinion above all others.

:)

Then we're agreed? :)

Edin should go on loan somewhere where he will play.Here he is just wasting his time.

Dzeko will be used sparingly until the end of the season because he isn't fully compatible with our current system and now isn't the time to tinker and experiment. Next season he'll play a lot more as there will be time to work out how to best utilize Dzeko (+ Tevez might yet leave).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.