Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Edin Dzeko

He should be used sparingly for the rest of the season, simply because we haven't got time to find his best position right now.

Pre-season and early next season will be where he becomes one of the first names on the team sheet.

Bluemoon115 said:
He should be used sparingly for the rest of the season, simply because we haven't got time to find his best position right now.

Pre-season and early next season will be where he becomes one of the first names on the team sheet.

Disagree. He may have trouble in the league, but he has been monumental in both of our cup runs. Let him win us a European trophy, let Tevez figure out the Prem, and then next season he's a full starter.

Bluemoon115 said:

I don't think we will see the best of Dzeko until we have players who can supply him.

AJ is missing, but he is not a great crosser of the ball. Players like Young, Bentley, Nani would make Dzeko unplayable.

It's all about team play, and it's not Dzeko's game to play in front of Silva and Tevez whose game is all about movement and quick passing

I'd play Balotelli, Silva and Tevez where possible with Dzeko introduced gradually. Balotelli needs to improve his team work and he needs to attack the space behind the opposition with runs that Silva will find. He's too static at the moment. But Balotelli is a phenomena, and so is Tevez so there's not much room for Dzeko at the moment

Dzeko needs Kolarov, and Richards to get wide and get crosses in. Not ideal for the width to be down to full backs. They can't push on in every game

de niro said:
Bulldoglikeapproach said:
I know there is a 100+ page thread on him, but i cant hear above all the shouting in there.

Obviously there has been a debate about dzeko's talents/abilities/potential. Personally, I think he will be great, but that's not what I posted to mention.

I just wanted to say that we live in an era where football teams, especially ones with the financial clout of Manchester City, have to be careful to avoid the money-grabbing, "mercenary" type of footballers. I think that Dzeko's attitude and his commitment to community service and humanitarianism is to be applauded. As one of the most prominent representatives for Bosnia in the European community, Dzeko has really stepped up to the plate to set a good example for young Bosnians - for those who don't know he was/is the first Bosnian UNICEF ambassador - and shows real maturity for someone who is only a 24-year-old.

In short, I think he is a great person to have at the club, and in Manchester, and truly seems to be a top-class individual. In a time when we have a lot of headline grabbers (Balo, Tevez, Kolo - who I love for the record) for the wrong reasons, it's good to have a professional like this in the dressing room.

Keep the goals comin, Edin, and long may you be a blue.

(and for the record, no, I am not Bosnian)

the guy is top notch, off and on the pitch, we are lucky to have him here.

Very much this.
And if you know there is already a 100 page thread on the subject,why start another one that adds bugger all?

we just need to find his best position for us that's all.

if we had width for a start, example Johnson, he will be scoring plenty more.

against Fulham he didn't get ONE cross for 90 minutes, say's it all.

but he's proved he knows where the net is, he's scores the hard chances but misses the simple ones! haha

he'll be class next season, always difficult to slot into a team, over half way through a season who's been playing together for 6 months.

Freestyler said:

but he's proved he knows where the net is, he's scores the hard chances but misses the simple ones! haha

he'll be class next season, always difficult to slot into a team, over half way through a season who's been playing together for 6 months.

First season at wolfsburg: 9 goals.

The next two: 65 total.

They will come.

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
Freestyler said:

First season at wolfsburg: 9 goals.

The next two: 65 total.

They will come.

That!

100% agree with OP. I can understand why OP started a new thread as the other one tends to lose its way a bit. Glad to see this one started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.