Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

Trouble is Mancini is trying to enforce a particular system on the players rather than playing to their strengths. Tippy tapy through the middle with limited supply from the FB's aint gonna help Edin much.[/quote]

Eureka! This has been a problem with City for years, square pegs and round holes, great players,wrong system, nothing wrong with Dzeko whatsoever.

svennis pennis said:
byronic said:
What a bunch of whining football illiterates on Dzeko's back - sweet Jesus, to have you critique him is like having Paris Hilton reviewing Shakespeare.

Because he was clearly excellent today wasnt he?

There was one thing I saw from him today that I hope we can put him in those situations more often and it was the back header. It was instinctive.

When he gets time, he is slow and indecisive. When he doesnt have time to think about it he looks dangerous. Case in point was in the two one on ones with Luiz, he was eaten for breakfast. He couldnt beat a man if his life depended on it right now. He needs snap decisions where he does it on instinct and reflex rather than intelligence. We are only getting flashes from him at the moment and it is not good enough i'm afraid. That is not to say others arent pulling their weight as well, but this is a thread about Dzeko and not the rest.

I have to agree with you again...but Luiz hasn't let anyone by today...and Dzeko, had a quiet game in front of goal, but again he was helping in the build up, won a few headers...and what I saw, and liked is that he's starting to fight back, terry kicked him a few times but ended with an elbow on his head and on the floor, the same happened with jovanovic, so he's getting the hang of english air duels...other than that, no supply, and when he was one on one, he was too slow...and I think that on those one on ones he usually passes the ball to another striker and looks for a one-two, but couldn't do it with himself...

There's something wrong with our scouting system when the scum get Hernandez for £7m and we buy Dzeko, Balotelli, Jo, Caiecedo, Robinho and any other waste of space for a cool £100m.

Bluebee2 said:
There's something wrong with our scouting system when the scum get Hernandez for £7m and we buy Dzeko, Balotelli, Jo, Caiecedo, Robinho and any other waste of space for a cool £100m.

Not to mention Santa Crock and Adebayor. Whilst I accept that Dzeko will need time to adjust to this league, and that we aren't exactly set up to play to his strengths, there's still no ignoring the staggering lack of pace and movement. For 28m, you've surely got a right to expect more than the odd flicked header or neat turn, haven't you? Or are we yet again, just victims of our own bad judgment? Whatever, at the moment Dzeko looks like he was born to pull a milk float and then get boiled for glue......and yet I still prefer him to Balotelli. 7 touches off the bench, 6 of them were to give the ball away. When people tell me he's a fantastic talent, I see only the emperor's new clothes. Both need to go in the summer, but we surely can't go on taking massive financial hits like this

I've seen enough to tell me that Dzeko will come good next season.

At the moment he's suffering from a lack of confidence of Torres proportions. I'm sure his class will shine through though.

Johnsonontheleft said:
I've seen enough to tell me that Dzeko will come good next season.

At the moment he's suffering from a lack of confidence of Torres proportions. I'm sure his class will shine through though.
That and as has been said countless times on this topic already, we need to change the system when he plays to really get the best out of him. When AJ is back to 100% I'm certain he'll come good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.