Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

simon23 said:
he doesnt fit intot he system we play, its as simple as that

therefore why did we buy him???????

he cannt play as a loan striker, and he needs wingers which we dont have/dont play

he is slow, cannt create anything for himself, cannt take a man on and it doesnt look like he links with tevez very well either

if/when tev leaves in the summer we are going to hae to get a new striker cause we cannt rely on this guy that is for sure

What annoys me is you will get responses to this saying "we've got to play to his strengths, his style of play, get balls in etc etc."

A Quality striker, costing that kind of money, WILL have more strings to his bow, he will have more styles of play than just one.

simon23 said:
he doesnt fit intot he system we play, its as simple as that

therefore why did we buy him???????

Exactly.

I don't think he's a bad player,any striker similar in stature and style would look like a donkey in our set up.

Mancini has made some very 'odd' purchases and not addressed glaring areas of weakness - that is a fact,whether it costs him his job remains to be seen.

Dzeko will score 20 goals at least next season.But that will mean a different style of play which includes crossing the ball as a key element.

Halfpenny said:
simon23 said:
if/when tev leaves in the summer we are going to hae to get a new striker cause we cannt rely on this guy that is for sure
Or, we change the system to make sure we get the best out of him. All he's missing is a decent supply into the box. That's it. Have you ever wondered why Tevez has been so successful for us? Because we play to his strengths, built the team around him. If he were to leave and we were to give Dzeko the same treatment I think he'd have a similar effect.

He should have more to his game then one style of play. Tevez gets a lot of goals for himself, makes them on his own. A striker worth that much can not have one style of play.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Dzeko will score 20 goals at least next season.But that will mean a different style of play which includes crossing the ball as a key element.
I'll wager that you wouldn't take a £20 bet on that ! All the best players when it comes down to it can go and get themselves a goal, Dzeko doesn't have the ability to do that.

quiet you no one on city except for maybe de jong would deserve to shine the laces on edins boots. now we have these so called city "supporters" who think they know quality players now that they have the ability to buy them? please. mancini knows what he has bought.

Halfpenny said:
simon23 said:
Or, we change the system to make sure we get the best out of him. All he's missing is a decent supply into the box. That's it. Have you ever wondered why Tevez has been so successful for us? Because we play to his strengths, built the team around him. If he were to leave and we were to give Dzeko the same treatment I think he'd have a similar effect.

Great Post, but it depends on so many things. Dzeko is "unproven" if you compare him to Tevez, and Mancini need a complete backup Plan to hold his Job.

The best thing what could happen for everybody is a Transfer.

Defoe for Dzeko. He would fit Spuds instantly. Defoe could be a great Backup for Tevez.

I forgot this, ^^

Bluebee2 said:
I'll wager that you wouldn't take a £20 bet on that ! All the best players when it comes down to it can go and get themselves a goal, Dzeko doesn't have the ability to do that.

Ohhhh - this is what I'm talking about!!

See - sheer amount of STUPIDITY of this post is breath-taking. Post as stupid as this makes you just lose all your will to discuss anything with human beings, period :-)

Man how DUMB you have to be to think that Bundesliga is so SHIT compared to the Prem that bundesliga's LEADING SCORER 'does not have ability to score a goal'?

Seriously, how fucking dumb are you? Wow. Where do they make this kind of genius?

Absolute rubbish. Did you never watch him play before he came to us? You dont score fun fun in the bundesliga and Champions League if you dont have the ability to create and score goals

The current system of play is pass the ball upfield to tevez/silva and hope they produce a moment of magic

we need to integrate wingers into our team and involve all 11 players more, rather than focusing on a handfull of players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.