Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

JoeCity21 said:
JamesA said:
We definitely need to give this guy a chance based on his record in Germany and the fact that he actually seems to at least care.

I can't see a future for Balotelli at the club, Tevez will probably leave in summer so we could be looking at building our attack around this fella.

I think he'd do well at a club like Spurs who play a more attacking style, all the forwards bar Tevez seem to be struggling in our system. Tevez is a rare player in that he is a one-man band who forrages and creates things out of nothing, we can't rely on that to be the basis of our attacking output.

Who could partner Dzeko though?

We need a pacey, small striker, read the flicks, anticipate them.

Hulk, strong and very simular player to Tevez works hard and could probably hold the ball well with his strength.

Bosno said:
City need a winger like Nani to supply Dzeko assists. I don't even know who has the most assists on City and that's a problem. I want to say Silva, but even he "the playmaker" probably hasn't broken 10 assists this season.

Edit: Silva has 6 assists this season, Dzeko has 2 (1/3 of Silva the playmaker's)

Was one of the assists when Dzeko smashed a miskick straight in to Silva's back against the rags? hahaha

Steve McManaman summed it pretty well tonight, Dzeko is not enjoying himself on the pitch. I agree with this 100%. Even when he plays he is always playing better in the 1st half hoping "now is the time" but as time goes by he's starting to realize how wrong he was. He realizes that he's getting zero service once again and won't be able to even look at the goal, and has better chance scoring with Miss World than in City shirt. He gets frustrated, starts losing balls and making silly mistakes he usually doesn't make in the 1st half. I thought he was the best City player in the 1st half today, but thanks to horrible City defense that went unnoticed by many. I honestly don't see how can he ever score if this team keeps playing this unpleasant-to-watch style.

I think as the maxim goes with strikers it's all about confidence and him bedding in with more goals.

he's works, and is very earnest; he's got skill and touch - although coming in the January window I don't think he's gotten back up to speed properly (following the German break) and the confidence thing has to build.

it's nice to see some of the supportive comments in this thread, but there'll always be the chickens losing their heads...

give him time.

3d1n Dz3k0 said:
Steve McManaman summed it pretty well tonight, Dzeko is not enjoying himself on the pitch. I agree with this 100%. Even when he plays he is always playing better in the 1st half hoping "now is the time" but as time goes by he's starting to realize how wrong he was. He realizes that he's getting zero service once again and won't be able to even look at the goal, and has better chance scoring with Miss World than in City shirt. He gets frustrated, starts losing balls and making silly mistakes he usually doesn't make in the 1st half. I thought he was the best City player in the 1st half today, but thanks to horrible City defense that went unnoticed by many. I honestly don't see how can he ever score if this team keeps playing this unpleasant-to-watch style.

Great post and spot on about Edin. On a side note I had to mute ESPN as they were slagging city off something terrible. I hated the commentary tonight. (even though they deserved it )

Bosno said:
City need a winger like Nani to supply Dzeko assists. I don't even know who has the most assists on City and that's a problem. I want to say Silva, but even he "the playmaker" probably hasn't broken 10 assists this season.

Edit: Silva has 6 assists this season, Dzeko has 2 (1/3 of Silva the playmaker's)

Please tell me you are not trying to put Dzeko into the same category as Silva and insinuate he is a better player.

Silva pisses all over him for natural ability and talent.

Liverpool had no wingers last night and Carroll scored two one from outside box so this Bollocks its not Dzeko its our team and manager is Bollocks. If he were any good he would atleast look a threat.

Freestyler said:
Everyone yet again picks the bones of Dzeko, but like the Chelsea game i'll do a little assessment of his game at Liverpool and see what we can muster from it.

1. no service yet again, didn't receive one single cross in 92 minutes

2. held the ball up very well, caught 4 balls on his chest brilliantly, played the pass off, kept the move going.

3. skinned 2 Liverpool players around him 3 times, only to get kicked to fuck and won a free-kick.

4. always showed for the ball, dropped deep, tried to make something happen, played some top cross field balls to Johnson.

5. had a good shot on goal and actually on target, his only real chance given to him.

6. i can recall him misplacing 2 passes, not bad considering the whole team did it all night (even Silva)

7. had hopeless balls lumped to him all night, BUT...won 4-5 headers from them, balotelli NOT ONCE anticipated him winning the header when he did, that's not Dzeko's fault.

when he misses chances, gives the ball away all the time, get's plenty of service and then makes fuck all difference to our team, then your welcome to judge him and call him. but apart from that he's not really done alot wrong.

nuff said.

great points well made. 100% agree.

Robbo. said:
Freestyler said:
Everyone yet again picks the bones of Dzeko, but like the Chuelsea game i'll do a little assessment of his game at Liverpool and see what we can muster from it.

1. no service yet again, didn't receive one single cross in 92 minutes

2. held the ball up very well, caught 4 balls on his chest brilliantly, played the pass off, kept the move going.

3. skinned 2 Liverpool players around him 3 times, only to get kicked to fuck and won a free-kick.

4. always showed for the ball, dropped deep, tried to make something happen, played some top cross field balls to Johnson.

5. had a good shot on goal and actually on target, his only real chance given to him.

6. i can recall him misplacing 2 passes, not bad considering the whole team did it all night (even Silva)

7. had hopeless balls lumped to him all night, BUT...won 4-5 headers from them, balotelli NOT ONCE anticipated him winning the header when he did, that's not Dzeko's fault.

when he misses chances, gives the ball away all the time, get's plenty of service and then makes fuck all difference to our team, then your welcome to judge him and call him. but apart from that he's not really done alot wrong.

nuff said.

great points well made. 100% agree.

Did you two watch a different game?

Haha have a look at point 3 again pal that never happened. The only decent shot we had was from yaya late on so point 5 makes me laugh as well. He was turd end of. I just pray he proves me wrong sat but I can't see Vidic listing any sleep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.