Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

Few very good points on this tread...

I myself noticed that Dzeko's motivation is definitely down. As someone else also said - to me he seems to be fired up in the first half expecting involvement, passess...but then our slow starts and lack of productivity in midfield in general take the wind right out of him.

In addition to that though, I have another theory that lack of consistency from his manager is affecting his motivation.

Best example (and I think the turning point to Dzeko's current season) - was when he scored 2 GOALS against Aris (speaking of confidence booster?) just to be BENCHED THE ENTIRE NEXT GAME (he entered in like 88th minute).
I dont know about you but that would definitely fuck with MY head about what is expected from me and what do I need to do for some consistency...
I really blame Mancini for exclusively for lack of motivation Dzeko has displayed lately - I think Roberto has managed this kid very poorly so far.

On another note I also agree about previous posters that in the first half yesterday he was one of our better players on the pitch...was at least somewhat driven. In second half he completely disappeared though - but at that time it was already 3:0, so...<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:45 am --<br /><br />In my opinion also the combination of Tevez, Dzeko, and Balotelli in the same team will never work. All three are stars (regardless of what some think), all want to START and play major minutes - and Mancini is never gonna have that. So one will have to leave next year IMO. City needs a mid-tier backup at forward next year. Someone who can do the job for one or two games, but not demand major minutes and just be a team-first player...

People seem to forget Dzeko had a nice debut, then scored in the next game (cup game) - and if I recall correctly - then Balotelli came back from injury so this awkward rotation started...and it all went downhill. Not blaming Balotelli at all - just making point that three of them on the same team will not work. So something will give next year.

for all dzeko haters....

how about supplying the lad with crosses???...there was an 18 year old rookie playing last night begging to be roasted and crosses put in-how many times did we do that???- we can,t knock edin until we play to his strengths....

Re: for all dzeko haters....

All i can say, Dzeko & Boyata should be the last Players for critics.

All Players made big mistakes, even Kompany.

Kolarov like allways, when some good Team is making pernament pressure at him, just making big mistakes all the time.

Yaya didnt made anything, AJ left the hole rightside in 1rst Half open and didnt defend at all.

Think once he scores his first (prem) goal,this kid could be the real deal,he tried bloody hard last night,a lot more than some others anyway,I wish him well,unlike that other tool who was alongside him for majority of last night's game

riley347 said:
how about supplying the lad with crosses???...there was an 18 year old rookie playing last night begging to be roasted and crosses put in-how many times did we do that???- we can,t knock edin until we play to his strengths....

And what about controlling a football? What about passing a football? What about running like a human and not a new born giraffe. I'm all for giving players a chance but this lad looks fucking hopeless. As one of his former managers said 'the lamp post'

If we need to supply him crosses then why didn't we buy another winger? One man to blame and its that **** Mancini

nevilletogoater-in said:
riley347 said:

And what about controlling a football? What about passing a football? What about running like a human and not a new born giraffe. I'm all for giving players a chance but this lad looks fucking hopeless. As one of his former managers said 'the lamp post'

If we need to supply him crosses then why didn't we buy another winger? One man to blame and its that **** Mancini

Spot on - Sick to death of people making excuses for him - For a big lad he can't shield the ball and his 1st touch is shocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.