Dzeko (Merged)

Re: for all dzeko haters....

There are a lot of things to question, but his skill and ability should not be one of them IMO.

His form = YES
His confidence = YES
His motivation lately = YES
His position on the team = YES
Consistency by his manager = HELL YES

My theory is that Mancini has managed the kid very poorly so far. Not that Dzeko himself was great or anything, but these awkward rotations and team overhauls are just getting ridiculous.

Dzeko will do fine in the future, but Mancini needs to figure out WHAT is he trying to do with his team???

riley347 said:
how about supplying the lad with crosses???...there was an 18 year old rookie playing last night begging to be roasted and crosses put in-how many times did we do that???- we can,t knock edin until we play to his strengths....

He should be knockin' Carroll into a cocked hat with performance and goal tally. 68 goals in two and a half seasons in the Bundesliga tells its own story.

Mancini got his tactics all wrong last night - Should have played the same team as against Sunderland - FFS they had a defence that hadn't played together before + an 18 yr old making his debut

To be fair to Dzeko he was a fucking GOAL MACHINE before he came here. I don't care what league it was but you dont score goals for fun and then suddenly have the touch of a hippo. It's a commonly used phrase on here that the guy needs time - I will judge Dzeko next season but for now we need to support and encourage him instead of the synchronised groaning that gets right on my tits!

The only thing that concerns me when it comes to Dzeko is that it seems that he tries hard enough and seems to really want to do good. He cannot, for the time being, for whatever reason, be it due to being green in the PL, or Manchester City just not being the team for him (due to no crosses in the box, no pace, too much defensive focus or whatever the reason he isn't thriving here).

As a fan, the above is a perfectly responsible take on why Dzeko is not the man for City, for the time being, or perhaps ever. A take that I don't find reasonable is that somehow he has fluked his way here, or that he is responsible, in majority part, for any loss City has had since his arrival.

When he plays, it looks like he tries, and that's all I can ask. Doesn't mean he's the man for us, but doesn't mean he's not immensely talented either.

Petrovs left peg said:
To be fair to Dzeko he was a fucking GOAL MACHINE before he came here. I don't care what league it was but you dont score goals for fun and then suddenly have the touch of a hippo. It's a commonly used phrase on here that the guy needs time - I will judge Dzeko next season but for now we need to support and encourage him instead of the synchronised groaning that gets right on my tits!
Thats wrong actually. He failed in his first season, then became prolific in his second. As it stand, i'm better than Dzeko.
I slagged Liverpool off for buying Carroll. I would have him over Dzeko every single game of the season.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
riley347 said:
how about supplying the lad with crosses???...there was an 18 year old rookie playing last night begging to be roasted and crosses put in-how many times did we do that???- we can,t knock edin until we play to his strengths....

He should be knockin' Carroll into a cocked hat with performance and goal tally. 68 goals in two and a half seasons in the Bundesliga tells its own story.

This isn't the Bundesliga so his goal scoring records are irrelevant. Bianchi had a great record in Italy, Jo had a great record for CSKA. Tevez didn't have a great record at the scum but does now for us.

It's not about what he's done in the past, it's about how he fits into our squad, into our first team and unfortunately he doesn't.

EaglesFan said:
There are a lot of things to question, but his skill and ability should not be one of them IMO.

His form = YES
His confidence = YES
His motivation lately = YES
His position on the team = YES
Consistency by his manager = HELL YES

My theory is that Mancini has managed the kid very poorly so far. Not that Dzeko himself was great or anything, but these awkward rotations and team overhauls are just getting ridiculous.

Dzeko will do fine in the future, but Mancini needs to figure out WHAT is he trying to do with his team???

I never liked the Italian tactical Setup especially not from Mancini. The Gameplay depends how open the other Team is, often compact Teams dont get pressured becouse the stright line in the Midfield is missing. Mancini defesive Setup is something what you can talk bout, it has the 3 line defenders but then, just mented to invidual Skills of the Offs. Every stronger Team did find a direct way do defend, to keep showing more of their automatics movement which all the line are dangerous at the game pass by. That doesnt exits at our Gameplay. And when the Players show some bad Form, it cant be stopped with Team effort.

As a Manager who brought a new Player, who didnt played a Game in England i do not sent him everytime away. Clear, Dzeko should played against Wolves (and did good), but the following game away (Villa?) he didnt should, Mancini has to try him bring him only in Home Games, exact for confidence. When he is build (like 4 5 Home Games, and passes something like an Formcheck then yes, sure let him Play.

1) Match after Aris
2) National Squad before Sunderland

This was two Moments where Mancini should bring Dzeko, and it could work.

The other thing is, Mancini didnt imagined Dzeko how he really is. Well, i do not know what it was. Maybe, when we dominated Teams and didnt find a Way to the Goal, he wanted somebody to break them. That is only something different what Dzeko is really is, Magath had the Gameplay for Dzeko its setup who opens Dzekos Skills and Space, clearly Dzeko dont have the Space at all now. About the Service we shouldnt talk at all.

Mancini has signed a ricket. There is no doubt about that. Unless you are part of the self deception brigade. The same brigade who are still waiting for Kolarov to show 'his class' 'FFS!'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.