Dzeko (Merged)

Re: for all dzeko haters....

riley347 said:
the PL is a unique league beyond question-it,s fast,no time,high tempo....anyone expecting a lad from a totally differently setup league and hit the ground running straight away are either very naive or lacking heavily in football knowledge.....

some do some dont.

I feel sorry for Dzeko because at least he seems to want to be succesful unlike Balotelli who is blessed with natural ability but cant be bothered most of the time. Problem is he joined a club with a midfield that is lacking in pace,invention and movement making it easy for defenders to mark him as they rarely have to cover their fullbacks due to our inability to slice teams open at the back. Add to that players who cant cross the ball and he will always struggle.

Problem is I cant see him getting any better with Mancini in charge.

Far too early to criticise him, you've got to use players properly and he has'nt been given half a chance, if you dont play to a players strengths then you wont get the best out of them.

Re: Dzeko

you'll never see the best of dzeko until we get a manager with a tactical brain, or just a brain for that matter.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
riley347 said:
the PL is a unique league beyond question-it,s fast,no time,high tempo....anyone expecting a lad from a totally differently setup league and hit the ground running straight away are either very naive or lacking heavily in football knowledge.....

some do some dont.

I feel sorry for Dzeko because at least he seems to want to be succesful unlike Balotelli who is blessed with natural ability but cant be bothered most of the time. Problem is he joined a club with a midfield that is lacking in pace,invention and movement making it easy for defenders to mark him as they rarely have to cover their fullbacks due to our inability to slice teams open at the back. Add to that players who cant cross the ball and he will always struggle.

Problem is I cant see him getting any better with Mancini in charge.

Very good assessment mate.
We all knew Dzeko isnt come-back-to-the-midfield-take-the-ball-and-do-everything-on-your-own type of forward. He needs team with speed but moreso creativity in midfield. Apart from Silva City currently has neither.

And I also agree that Mancini needs to figure out his approach to the game next year. If it will remain the same slow build-up, endless passing-around style of play - he better sell Edin cause he will NOT succeed in that system no matter how long he hangs around.

However, IMO that will solely depend on whether Tevez stays. Without Tevez Mancini's style of play is D.E.A.D. so he would HAVE to change it.

EaglesFan said:
You can look at it this way too:

Let's say we beat the rags on saturday, and go on to win the Cup.

That'd make Dzeko already worth the money spent as his goal @Notts kept our assess in the Cup in the first place, and allowed us TO EVEN PLAY ON SATURDAY!

Agreed?

You could say that but actually Jo was standing behind Dzeko for that goal, If Dzeko wasnt there Jo wold have scored it. I'm not saying that makes Jo good, far from it actually.

Dzeko has the right attitude without the ability.
Balotelli has the ability but the wrong attitude.
Things would be easier if we could put the 2 strikers together.

ThatBlueGuy said:
EaglesFan said:
You can look at it this way too:

Let's say we beat the rags on saturday, and go on to win the Cup.

That'd make Dzeko already worth the money spent as his goal @Notts kept our assess in the Cup in the first place, and allowed us TO EVEN PLAY ON SATURDAY!

Agreed?

You could say that but actually Jo was standing behind Dzeko for that goal, If Dzeko wasnt there Jo wold have scored it. I'm not saying that makes Jo good, far from it actually.

love the way you judge edin after 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!...FFS!!!!!.....
Dzeko has the right attitude without the ability.
Balotelli has the ability but the wrong attitude.
Things would be easier if we could put the 2 strikers together.

ThatBlueGuy said:
I think that if Tevez is leaving in the summer we'll bring in wingers and set up our team for Dzeko and Balotelli.
If thats the case hopefully it works out because at the moment Dzeko and Balotelli just dont seem to be working in our team.

So that's why when Tevez was injured after 17 mins and we had just gone 1-0 down Mancini brought Wright-Phillips on and moved Adam Johnson to the left as it was already obvious at this stage that Dalglish had told his left sided defensive players to triple or quadruple up on him? No he didn't, and he didn't do it at any stage of the game. When it was obvious that Milner was not going to get into the game playing in his preferred attacking centre midfield role did he do the same mow that Balotelli and Dzeko were both on the pitch, playing too far apart? No, he made the change too late and brought Silva on at the risk of him getting injured for the cup SF, which was why he was rested in the first place. Then to top it all he brought De Jong on- playing in an advanced role as he did at Ajax, no- defensive midfield.

Maybe he's secretly wrapping Sean up in cotton wool and they've beeen practicing these mythical crosses for the SF in training- Ahah, the master plan.

riley347 said:
Yes this will be valid had Suarez not shown up from Holland and held the league to a fuking ransom.

The ability to adapt or not is individual, some hit the eck running, and others need an acclimatization period. most understand that. But in discussing an individual game i.e. Pool v. City, it could be pointed out without bias, that he sucked!

This is not an indictment on his entire career, just a statement of his performance in said game. Unless that is someone adds a "sell that fukker" to their diatribe.

I see nothing wrong with stating the facts as they stand.

I don't know what it is at our training, but we seem to be ruining all the promising players that come to us. It happened to Robinho and Elano and now it's happening with Dzeko, Boetang, Milner, Kolarov and Balo. There is something fundementaly wrong withing the organisation. Players like that don't just turn poor overnight.

Too many stars and egoes for only 11 starting spots. Inherent pressure on players to perform INDIVIDUALY (say take a shot) rather than as a team (say pass to a teammate for BETTER shot) - cause another world-class player is breathing down your neck for a starting spot. Add to that lack of consistency by the manager.

That about sums it up IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.