Dzeko (Merged)

Re: Dzeko

DD said:
Anyone who watched him play in Germany could tell you he is a 20 goals a season man if you get service into the box. We are the most hopeless team in the country for getting quality crosses into the strikers.

You would have thought the manager would have realised when he signed him that you need to play to his strengths, but no. I said before we signed him that Mancini would ruin Edin Dzeko and he's done exactly that.

Completely agree, when it was confirmed we were interested in Dzeko I was a bit surprised because having seen how he played in Germany its obvious that he thrives on crosses and good service. We haven't played with two wingers whipping in crosses for a long time. Someone earlier said that Dzeko would do well at Spurs, in all honesty he probably would. The boy is a natural finisher, the two goals he took against Aris (''lesser opposition'') were taken brilliantly. If we get him service, the goals will come.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
DD said:
Anyone who watched him play in Germany could tell you he is a 20 goals a season man if you get service into the box. We are the most hopeless team in the country for getting quality crosses into the strikers.

You would have thought the manager would have realised when he signed him that you need to play to his strengths, but no. I said before we signed him that Mancini would ruin Edin Dzeko and he's done exactly that.

Completely agree, when it was confirmed we were interested in Dzeko I was a bit surprised because having seen how he played in Germany its obvious that he thrives on crosses and good service. We haven't played with two wingers whipping in crosses for a long time. Someone earlier said that Dzeko would do well at Spurs, in all honesty he probably would. The boy is a natural finisher, the two goals he took against Aris (''lesser opposition'') were taken brilliantly. If we get him service, the goals will come.

OMG I watched the kid almost his entire career - and the prospect of Bale on the wing, Modric in the middle, and Dzeko up front is something I DO NOT WANT TO SEE, for the sake of that 3-4 spot in the Prem :-)

Re: for all dzeko haters....

20sbc07 said:
A top striker should be able to create his own goals.

Dzeko has shown he cant control the ball, he cant run with it, he gets beat in the air every time, his shooting is always off target and hes extremely lazy.

He is a terrible striker, he only cut in germany because its a much slower league, hes not a premier league player.

And yet, without his goals we wouldn't play against rags on Saturday, nor probably beat the Aris in UL.

So all haters if you think you can play better come on and prove yourself, otherwise shut the f**k up.

HellasLEAF said:
I take Carroll 10 times out of 10 over Dzeko. I don't care who is playing in which shirt. Just my honest opinion on two premier league forwards.

Although I'm a staunch Dzeko defender, he'd have not scored Carroll's screamer which did well to dispell the myth Carroll can only head the ball, when in fact he is quite good with his feet.

People slagged off ade for his poor control, his work rate, etc etc...but this guy is far worse.......he couldnt control a 5yd pass to him last night....occasionally goo hold up play but he is absolutely no goal threat at all

people saying that the service into the area isnt good enough...and ill agree but dzeko doesnt even move when the ball does go into the box.....it was balotelli that did get onto the end of one or two crosses or at least tried to

stong in the air!!!!!......rubbish

strong on the ball .........a 6 yr old could push him off the ball

he should be benched till the end of the season even if tevez is injured...he slows everything down and is looking very very poor

First of all, AJ screw him last night...he lost every (fucking ) ball and none of them were refer to Džeko...
He just want to do it alone like 90% percent of City's players and that's why Džeko (or anyone else) can't score. First all of, players need to know that they can't win alone and when they figure it out maybe but just maybe they can finish in top 4. Till that happen probably Džeko will play somewhere else.

And like Džeko said: "While we're winning it doesn't matter who scored the goals."
I hope all the players will figure it fast!

Džeko said:
First of all, AJ screw him last night...he lost every (fucking ) ball and none of them were refer to Džeko...
He just want to do it alone like 90% percent of City's players and that's why Džeko (or anyone else) can't score. First all of, players need to know that they can't win alone and when they figure it out maybe but just maybe they can finish in top 4. Till that happen probably Džeko will play somewhere else.

And like Džeko said: "While we're winning it doesn't matter who scored the goals."
I hope all the players will figure it fast!

sorry but even when the ball did come into the ox dzeko was nowhere near it

the guy is out of his depth in this league at present

i think we all know he is a quality striker, and is quite frankly out of form, all he needs is a bit of luck t get him started, next seaso when tev is gone he will beour main tailsman and as soon as he clicks in the PL we will be lucky to have him,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.