Dzeko [Merged]

pudge said:
kalouk said:
pudge said:
But surely the player has to adapt to the teams style to same extent?

You are right of course, It just seems to me if you have a striker like Dzeko so different from Aguero in stature etc surely you are asking a lot to expect him to slot into Aguero's style when he is not available or rested. I don't believe it helps us as a team or Dzeko as a player confidence wise. I just wonder if we are missing a trick by not being able to provide him with the tools to play his way when our passing game isn't working against teams. I admit to looking at this from a somewhat naive angle and understand we cannot expect the team to revolve around him but he is not Aguero or Tevez, he is different can we not capitalise on this when plan A isn't working. Others are far more knowledgeable about playing styles but surely someone could look at it and find a solution because we all know he can do it from his time in Germany and playing for Bosnia. Rather than just dismiss him as rubbish and start again we could get the best out of him with a bit of tweaking.
It would be stupid to ask him to play in Aguero's role as you say, but surely someone like Edin is a 'target man' for us and the way we play. When he do hit it long, he's there to win headers/flick ons, or hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to do any of that stuff.

Also, @No17, no offence but aren't you an Everton fan? If so, should you not have been watching your own game lol

none taken because I watched the Everton match and watched the replay of city vs sunderland...which is why I paid a bit more attention to the before mentioned high quality crosses put in by Kolarov...

and yesterday Edin did flick on a lot of balls won a lot of headers (look at the build up for the third city goal), hasn't had his awful first touch issues, looked a lot more lively then in previous matches...and if I remember correctly even in the second half vs stoke he won a lot of headers and flicked the ball on a lot of times, the thing was there was no one ahead nor close to him to direct the flick ons to....

anyway, what was your opinion on his yesterdays performance?

No17 said:
pudge said:
kalouk said:
You are right of course, It just seems to me if you have a striker like Dzeko so different from Aguero in stature etc surely you are asking a lot to expect him to slot into Aguero's style when he is not available or rested. I don't believe it helps us as a team or Dzeko as a player confidence wise. I just wonder if we are missing a trick by not being able to provide him with the tools to play his way when our passing game isn't working against teams. I admit to looking at this from a somewhat naive angle and understand we cannot expect the team to revolve around him but he is not Aguero or Tevez, he is different can we not capitalise on this when plan A isn't working. Others are far more knowledgeable about playing styles but surely someone could look at it and find a solution because we all know he can do it from his time in Germany and playing for Bosnia. Rather than just dismiss him as rubbish and start again we could get the best out of him with a bit of tweaking.
It would be stupid to ask him to play in Aguero's role as you say, but surely someone like Edin is a 'target man' for us and the way we play. When he do hit it long, he's there to win headers/flick ons, or hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to do any of that stuff.

Also, @No17, no offence but aren't you an Everton fan? If so, should you not have been watching your own game lol

none taken because I watched the Everton match and watched the replay of city vs sunderland...which is why I paid a bit more attention to the before mentioned high quality crosses put in by Kolarov...

and yesterday Edin did flick on a lot of balls won a lot of headers (look at the build up for the third city goal), hasn't had his awful first touch issues, looked a lot more lively then in previous matches...and if I remember correctly even in the second half vs stoke he won a lot of headers and flicked the ball on a lot of times, the thing was there was no one ahead nor close to him to direct the flick ons to....

Not great/good but not bad/gash lol

pudge said:
No17 said:
pudge said:

Not great/good but not bad/gash lol

And I pretty much agree with you, I know he can be a lot better, and I know he was not as bad as some make him out to be...well if nothing, it was the first time he took on a few defenders and beat them well to win the penalty, without constantly losing the ball...maybe not first but how many times has he done that before...

he seems to be picking up his form but at a snail's pace...don't know what the situation will be against arsenal re. aguero injury...but I think him and tevez might start that match (even though I'm pretty much sure balotelli will start)...

pudge said:
kalouk said:
pudge said:
But surely the player has to adapt to the teams style to same extent?

Pudge, you are probably right and maybe I am trying to find a solution that can't be found but can I ask and I know I am committing the cardinal sin of admitting I only saw him before city from youtube but he seems a different man, he seems to be up front more not coming back for the ball it is provided from crosses etc or running onto the ball and playing at a much quicker pace. He isn't in a congested box playing intricate passes with team mates, could we adjust our game in anyway to meet him halfway. Would it disrupt the team so much, Aguero seems to be able to do his thing anyway, whether he creates it himself or has help. It just seems criminal to waste Dzeko's talent by misusing him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7645676/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7645676/</a>
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko is refusing to concede defeat in the Premier League title race.

Manchester United have the chance to stretch their lead at the top of the table to five points when they face Blackburn on Monday night, live on Sky Sports 1HD after City dropped two points in the draw with Sunderland over the weekend.

Bosnian accepts City were not at their best against Sunderland as two late goals rescued a point, but Dzeko is expecting more twists and turns before the end of the season.

"There are seven games to play, and the way we dropped points, United can drop points as well, so everything is still open."
Edin Dzeko

Quotes of the week
"There are seven games to play, and the way we dropped points, United can drop points as well, so everything is still open," insisted Dzeko.

"We need to go from game to game and try to win every match.

"The next is Arsenal. We will play to win and then we will see.

"They are fighting for a Champions League place and are a top team, so it won't be easy. It should be a good, open game.

"Maybe we thought Saturday was going to be easy. We had won all our home games so maybe we thought we could count on all three points - but it's not like that, and you have to fight for every point."

Dzeko is hopeful United could slip up at Blackburn with Steve Kean's men fighting for survival.

"It is an important game for Blackburn as well so everything is possible.

"We lost points on Saturday, and they could drop them at Blackburn or somewhere else."

Dive denial

Dzeko was at the centre of controversy on Saturday over the penalty which led to City's first equaliser.

Sunderland's players complained Dzeko had dived to win the spot-kick but the City forward was insistent he had been fouled by Craig Gardner and that he did not dive.

"It was a penalty - I still have pain in my leg," said Dzeko, who became involved in an argument with Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley over the matter after a later stoppage in play.

On that, Dzeko said: "One guy pushed me away and said, 'Why are you cheating?'

"So I asked him what he was talking about and said it was a penalty. That's why I was angry.

"He said I was cheating. He can say what he wants, but should never touch me.

"Mario [Balotelli] told me to stay calm, but I was calm - they can't push me and touch me that way."

Jumanji said:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7645676/
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko is refusing to concede defeat in the Premier League title race.

Manchester United have the chance to stretch their lead at the top of the table to five points when they face Blackburn on Monday night, live on Sky Sports 1HD after City dropped two points in the draw with Sunderland over the weekend.

Bosnian accepts City were not at their best against Sunderland as two late goals rescued a point, but Dzeko is expecting more twists and turns before the end of the season.

"There are seven games to play, and the way we dropped points, United can drop points as well, so everything is still open."
Edin Dzeko

Quotes of the week
"There are seven games to play, and the way we dropped points, United can drop points as well, so everything is still open," insisted Dzeko.

"We need to go from game to game and try to win every match.

"The next is Arsenal. We will play to win and then we will see.

"They are fighting for a Champions League place and are a top team, so it won't be easy. It should be a good, open game.

"Maybe we thought Saturday was going to be easy. We had won all our home games so maybe we thought we could count on all three points - but it's not like that, and you have to fight for every point."

Dzeko is hopeful United could slip up at Blackburn with Steve Kean's men fighting for survival.

"It is an important game for Blackburn as well so everything is possible.

"We lost points on Saturday, and they could drop them at Blackburn or somewhere else."

Dive denial

Dzeko was at the centre of controversy on Saturday over the penalty which led to City's first equaliser.

Sunderland's players complained Dzeko had dived to win the spot-kick but the City forward was insistent he had been fouled by Craig Gardner and that he did not dive.

"It was a penalty - I still have pain in my leg," said Dzeko, who became involved in an argument with Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley over the matter after a later stoppage in play.

On that, Dzeko said: "One guy pushed me away and said, 'Why are you cheating?'

"So I asked him what he was talking about and said it was a penalty. That's why I was angry.

"He said I was cheating. He can say what he wants, but should never touch me.

"Mario [Balotelli] told me to stay calm, but I was calm - they can't push me and touch me that way."

He's right, United will probably drop points. Unfortunately everytime they do we fail to capitalise.

I'm getting pissed off with the excuses "we thought it would be easy" and "we didn't prepare right"

Sunderland dominated the game on Saturday and they should have scored 6 or 7.

wank...worst 'target man' in the prem, touch like a rapist, cant jump, inconsistant, never mind the fact he walks around with a face on AND cost £30m....needs selling ASAP

Strongly agree with kalouk. Yes, we are misusing Dzeko's talent, and yes it is worrying that our club too often turns 'shiny new players into awful ones'. How can other clubs, like Everton, manage to do exactly the opposite?

So here is a suggestion, lets make Edin into Pizzaro's apprentice. Earlier this season Dzeko, playing deep in midfield, dropped a dream, inch-perfect pass to Johnson (I think it was Johnson, it was on the right wing). I remember this beautiful piece of football because I thought at the time that this was right up there in the Glenn Hoddle class.

We all remember Aguero's goal in the Carling Cup at Arsenal, it started with some brilliant work by Edin deep in midfield.

So before we kick yet another skilful player out, can we not try Edin in a deeper playmaking role. I may be completely wrong here but it would only take about 30 minutes to test the potential.

Ross_and_Ale said:
Strongly agree with kalouk. Yes, we are misusing Dzeko's talent, and yes it is worrying that our club too often turns 'shiny new players into awful ones'. How can other clubs, like Everton, manage to do exactly the opposite?

So here is a suggestion, lets make Edin into Pizzaro's apprentice. Earlier this season Dzeko, playing deep in midfield, dropped a dream, inch-perfect pass to Johnson (I think it was Johnson, it was on the right wing). I remember this beautiful piece of football because I thought at the time that this was right up there in the Glenn Hoddle class.

We all remember Aguero's goal in the Carling Cup at Arsenal, it started with some brilliant work by Edin deep in midfield.

So before we kick yet another skilful player out, can we not try Edin in a deeper playmaking role. I may be completely wrong here but it would only take about 30 minutes to test the potential.

He is tall as well maybe he could be the new hart? Or a lamp post?

RW9 said:
wank...worst 'target man' in the prem, touch like a rapist, cant jump, inconsistant, never mind the fact he walks around with a face on AND cost £30m....needs selling ASAP

Really?
Hes scored 17 goals this season, remind me how many has Carroll or Torres or Crouch scored this season
And for your information he didnt cost £30M

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.