Dzeko [Merged]

Shooter 83 said:
Bunch of muppets slagging Dzeko off again, climb back into your caves.

So you think it was £27m well spent?

He has had about 4 decent games all season to add to maybe 2 last season.

Where is his movement off the ball? Why cant he hold the ball up?

As someone else pointed out we had more corners and crosses yesterday than in any game I can remember yet he was nowhere near any of them...

I think instead of looking at the great players we have and adjusting our play to get the best out of them, people would rather throw players on the scrap heap and look at the next shiny new player elsewhere. Every transfer window there is great enthusiasm and player A or B is fantastic etc but in less than a season people are ripping them to shreds and glorying in proving how awful they are even providing stats and in Dzeko's case discounting goals he scored for us because he scored 4 in one match. I believe it is well worth looking at Dzeko and what he needs to perform to his best and learning to tweak our play to suit his style because as is the case now with no Aguero available we are relying on him but not able to provide the tools for him to succeed. Maybe by trying this it would also allow us to shake things up when plan A isn't working. We can sit here saying, Oh if only we had Cavani, RVP etc but haven't we said it all before and surely it has to stop somewhere imo we have been so lucky with Aguero he has fitted straight in but I don't think this is the norm is it, if we did discard Dzeko and buy Cavani who's to say we won't be in the same position and then the cycle begins again. Why not work with what we have and look to what we can do to improve their chances of succeeding for us as I truly believe Dzeko wants to.

kalouk said:
I think instead of looking at the great players we have and adjusting our play to get the best out of them, people would rather throw players on the scrap heap and look at the next shiny new player elsewhere. Every transfer window there is great enthusiasm and player A or B is fantastic etc but in less than a season people are ripping them to shreds and glorying in proving how awful they are even providing stats and in Dzeko's case discounting goals he scored for us because he scored 4 in one match. I believe it is well worth looking at Dzeko and what he needs to perform to his best and learning to tweak our play to suit his style because as is the case now with no Aguero available we are relying on him but not able to provide the tools for him to succeed. Maybe by trying this it would also allow us to shake things up when plan A isn't working. We can sit here saying, Oh if only we had Cavani, RVP etc but haven't we said it all before and surely it has to stop somewhere imo we have been so lucky with Aguero he has fitted straight in but I don't think this is the norm is it, if we did discard Dzeko and buy Cavani who's to say we won't be in the same position and then the cycle begins again. Why not work with what we have and look to what we can do to improve their chances of succeeding for us as I truly believe Dzeko wants to.
But surely the player has to adapt to the teams style to same extent?

Ireland_for_pm said:
bondsman said:
Totally and utterly useless AGAIN.

yeah, the penalty won itself....

it's the same ol' same ol' with this thread... and the same people again...after a match in which he was rather decent...and put a shift in...

regarding crosses...yes there were plenty...how many were overshot?

and if dzeko missed them all why hasn't anyone else connected to any of the high-quality crosses put in by kolarov yesterday...

pudge said:
kalouk said:

You are right of course, It just seems to me if you have a striker like Dzeko so different from Aguero in stature etc surely you are asking a lot to expect him to slot into Aguero's style when he is not available or rested. I don't believe it helps us as a team or Dzeko as a player confidence wise. I just wonder if we are missing a trick by not being able to provide him with the tools to play his way when our passing game isn't working against teams. I admit to looking at this from a somewhat naive angle and understand we cannot expect the team to revolve around him but he is not Aguero or Tevez, he is different can we not capitalise on this when plan A isn't working. Others are far more knowledgeable about playing styles but surely someone could look at it and find a solution because we all know he can do it from his time in Germany and playing for Bosnia. Rather than just dismiss him as rubbish and start again we could get the best out of him with a bit of tweaking.

he's been nowhere near his best since being here

but also nowhere near as bad as the naysayers make him out to be

simple as that

He had ok game yesterday IMO, nothing magical but ok performance. Would love to see him playing the whole game with passion, we need everyone to give it all for reminder of the season.

Sometimes you just want players to do well.

Sometimes it just doesn't happen, no matter how much you want.

I won't say a bad word about Edin.

I have no doubt he loves(is that too stonger word) the club and the fans.

I wish him all the best in the future, regardless of who he signs for.

kalouk said:
pudge said:
kalouk said:

You are right of course, It just seems to me if you have a striker like Dzeko so different from Aguero in stature etc surely you are asking a lot to expect him to slot into Aguero's style when he is not available or rested. I don't believe it helps us as a team or Dzeko as a player confidence wise. I just wonder if we are missing a trick by not being able to provide him with the tools to play his way when our passing game isn't working against teams. I admit to looking at this from a somewhat naive angle and understand we cannot expect the team to revolve around him but he is not Aguero or Tevez, he is different can we not capitalise on this when plan A isn't working. Others are far more knowledgeable about playing styles but surely someone could look at it and find a solution because we all know he can do it from his time in Germany and playing for Bosnia. Rather than just dismiss him as rubbish and start again we could get the best out of him with a bit of tweaking.
It would be stupid to ask him to play in Aguero's role as you say, but surely someone like Edin is a 'target man' for us and the way we play. When he do hit it long, he's there to win headers/flick ons, or hold the ball up and get on the end of crosses. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to do any of that stuff.

Also, @No17, no offence but aren't you an Everton fan? If so, should you not have been watching your own game lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.