Dzeko, Tevez and the system

[
Yaya is playing farther up the pitch (don't get me wrong, this is a good thing), and Barry and Milner aren't quick enough/aren't used to making themselves available.
I don't think we have seen enough of Milner to make this claim. I for one would like to see him get an extended run in that role.

I actually agree, my only claim is that Milner isn't currently used to playing the quick passing game that we are talking about. Maybe with a run in the side, he will. As of now, his short passing isn't quite there, though, as you point out, he, more than most, needs time to gel. He's never been asked to play like this before, certainly not by MON anyway.

Problem is finding the player to replace Barry and fit our system. I think that type of player is the most difficult to find in the world, and when you have them, they don't come cheap. Can't count on one hand those playing in England now that would fit the bill, and even less that would be available.
There are many players who can satisfy the role in my opinion, and a lot of them are already in our ranks. It is more of a practice thing than skill. They are all not gonna be Silvaesque. Just hard running and easy playing role players. Of my head, Carrick and the other dude at ManU, Herderson at sunderland, Adams from Blackpool, Everton has about 3 guys who do this well (Cahill, Arteta and Feliani), Huddlestone at Spurs, The Kid at Arsenal, The ex-City at Newcastle, Micheal Johnson, and Milner at City. This is more of a mentality and practice role, rather than one of talent. you pass simply and move quickly. Lots of players do this well.

Michael Johnson is perfect for this role, if when he comes back he still has his pace and agility. Carrick and Scholes, sure, Adams is inconsistent, and maybe to risky with the killer ball for our setup (maybe not, just my hunch), Barton (yeah, but he's nuts), Arteta (sure, always seem to forget about him), the kid (Ramsey or Wilshere) and Henderson are good, but are more promise than product yet (again, my opinion, others disagree). Passing and moving quickly into the RIGHT space requires a lot of people on the same wavelength, and can make someone go from World Class to pedestrian when the scenery changes (see Gourcouff).

As it stands, you make a good point, there are plenty of serviceable players to fill the role, but few are truly exceptional in multiple teams with multiple chemistries.

wanderer72 said:
Doesn't work, see the previous posts for the reasons why.

because they didn't score a goal in their first 30 mins together in the second half, it defo doesn't work?

Can't believe I have just found this thread . Best tactical discussion for a while. Dare I venture that after some of the bloodletting, bm is getting back to it's best?

Didsbury Dave said:
Can't believe I have just found this thread . Best tactical discussion for a while. Dare I venture that after some of the bloodletting, bm is getting back to it's best?

Here's the reward for all the people who could be counted on the number of fingers of one hand that joined and discussed here...

wolfs.jpg

This worked like magic for VfL

Didsbury Dave said:

Are you joking? This thread has been consistently shit from post #1 :o

the--dud said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Are you joking? This thread has been consistently shit from post #1 :o

I've only read the last couple of pages but there's some good tactical discussion and no idiots jumping in saying "We're 3rd FFS"

Or is that why you think it's "shit"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.