Dzeko, Tevez and the system

Shaelumstash said:
wanderer72 said:
Seems like you don't get your own definitions. If he's playing in front of Tevez (and have Tevez consistently ignore him, as he's been doing this far), it doesn't mean he is by definition in Tevez's path unless you assume Tevez is the one who has to finish it every single time.

I didn't even mention a classic 4-3-3 (which is quite different to 4-4-2-1), what are you talking about?
Are you on drugs? You don't seem to understand what I am talking about. I'll give it one more go. In a 433 you play with one central striker ond 2 wide players who often cut inside. In a 442 you play with 2 central strikers, one sometimes drops deep, sometimes the both play high up.

This season we have been playing 433 with Tevez as the central striker. For Dzeko and Tevez to play together there are 2 options.

Option 1. We continue to play 433 and either Tevez or Dzeko play as one of the wide players.

Option 2. We play 442 and they both play together.

The point I am making is if we went with Option 1 and keep playing 433, I don't think Tevez is very good playing wide. I think he is brilliant as the central striker in a 3. I am very confident Dzeko cannot play as a winger in a 433.

In my opinion if we are only to play one cental striker, I would chose Tevez over Dzeko.

So, in summary, we either have to change the system to 442 or I don't think Dzeko and Tevez can play together. Do you understand now?

I call bullshit. When did City (before Dzeko, and especially since) ever play a classic 4-3-3 (which would assume Tevez, Balo, and Ade or Jo starting at the same time)?? Most of the season City has been playing variations of 4-4-1-1, 4-2-2-1-1, etc.

Of course Dzeko cannot play as a winger, nor do wingers belong to the final "three" in a classic 4-3-3! Just because they run forward doesn't make them strikers, otherwise e.g. Kolarov would be a midfielder! Get it, or do I need to start typing it very sloooowlyyy for you?

maxflicity said:
Strange isnt it how people who watch the same game as us all clearly have no idea of whats going on on teh pitch.

Dzeko ahd a good game and an average city performance but to slag him and the team off after two games is mindless.

I spoke to several Villa fans who were suggesting to me that Dzeko was going to be a great city player, but the team is beinmg now put together piece by piece and each obe will take time to bed in.

But to slag him off already is frankly shite.
This is like having a conversation with a drunk hormonal bird. I'm going to make this point one more time in block capitals and if it doesn't sink in for people after that I'm just going to ignore it.

I'M NOT SAYING DZEKO IS A SHIT PLAYER. WHAT I'M SAYING IS WE CAN'T CARRY ON PLAYING 433 WITH THEM BOTH IN THE SIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH CENTRAL STRIKERS. SO WE EITHER CHANGE THE FORMATION AND PLAY THEM BOTH, OR WE CARRY ON PLAYING 433 AND ONE OF THEM DOESN'T PLAY

Shaelumstash said:
maxflicity said:
Strange isnt it how people who watch the same game as us all clearly have no idea of whats going on on teh pitch.

Dzeko ahd a good game and an average city performance but to slag him and the team off after two games is mindless.

I spoke to several Villa fans who were suggesting to me that Dzeko was going to be a great city player, but the team is beinmg now put together piece by piece and each obe will take time to bed in.

This is like having a conversation with a drunk hormonal bird. I'm going to make this point one more time in block capitals and if it doesn't sink in for people after that I'm just going to ignore it.

I'M NOT SAYING DZEKO IS A SHIT PLAYER. WHAT I'M SAYING IS WE CAN'T CARRY ON PLAYING 433 WITH THEM BOTH IN THE SIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH CENTRAL STRIKERS. SO WE EITHER CHANGE THE FORMATION AND PLAY THEM BOTH, OR WE CARRY ON PLAYING 433 AND ONE OF THEM DOESN'T PLAY

City never plays a classic 4-3-3, so I really don't understand what the hell you are talking about...

Hamann Pineapple said:
wanderer72 said:
Get it, or do I need to start typing it very sloooowlyyy for you?

For someone remarkably stupid, you don't half insult peoples intelligence a lot.

Who do you support by the way ?

I guess it takes one to know one, so I am happy that the main village idiot appreciates my modest contribution.

Now bugger off, dimwit, and go back to imagining Tevez sweating all over you instead of the ball.

wanderer72 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Are you on drugs? You don't seem to understand what I am talking about. I'll give it one more go. In a 433 you play with one central striker ond 2 wide players who often cut inside. In a 442 you play with 2 central strikers, one sometimes drops deep, sometimes the both play high up.

This season we have been playing 433 with Tevez as the central striker. For Dzeko and Tevez to play together there are 2 options.

Option 1. We continue to play 433 and either Tevez or Dzeko play as one of the wide players.

Option 2. We play 442 and they both play together.

The point I am making is if we went with Option 1 and keep playing 433, I don't think Tevez is very good playing wide. I think he is brilliant as the central striker in a 3. I am very confident Dzeko cannot play as a winger in a 433.

In my opinion if we are only to play one cental striker, I would chose Tevez over Dzeko.

So, in summary, we either have to change the system to 442 or I don't think Dzeko and Tevez can play together. Do you understand now?

I call bullshit. When did City (before Dzeko, and especially since) ever play a classic 4-3-3 (which would assume Tevez, Balo, and Ade or Jo starting at the same time)?? Most of the season City has been playing variations of 4-4-1-1, 4-2-2-1-1, etc.

Of course Dzeko cannot play as a winger, nor do wingers belong to the final "three" in a classic 4-3-3! Just because they run forward doesn't make them strikers, otherwise e.g. Kolarov would be a midfielder! Get it, or do I need to start typing it very sloooowlyyy for you?
No offence mate, but I'm going to take the decision to not bother reading or replying to your messages anymore because I think you are at best clueless and at worst on a heavily drug induced wind up. Either way, you are a waste of my time

Shaelumstash said:
maxflicity said:

Ok I'll be nice and throw you a bone before you lose the plot completely :)

I understand what you're trying to say - we didn't look too hot yesterday. We all know that.
Personally I think it was down to other factors, not Tevez and Dzeko interplay.
It was down to Villa parking the bus, Tevez being too selfish at times, Dzeko still not being 100% match-fit and used to our system, Silva off-key (possibly not 100% fit yet), and Yaya having a bad day at the office.

Dzeko and Tevez didn't play well together last night but I'm convinced they will be able to in our current formation. When it clicks our front three is so fluid it doesn't really matter who plays where.
Against Wolves it looked brilliant, Dzeko looked brilliant, Tevez had a new level of freedom and looked brilliant.

Try not to make a judgement on a single game buddy. Try to just relax :)

Shaelumstash said:
wanderer72 said:

No offence mate, but I'm going to take the decision to not bother reading or replying to your messages anymore because I think you are at best clueless and at worst on a heavily drug induced wind up. Either way, you are a waste of my time

Feel free to open a topic about me, in the meantime would you mind naming a match where City played with three forwards, strikers or whatever you call them in your re-invented game of footbll, which is one of the prerequisites for a classic 4-3-3?

Shaelumstash said:
maxflicity said:

Oh dear.......................

Hamann Pineapple said:
I agree with Shaelum's Tash by the way. When Tevez leaves then fair enough but why are we changing a winning formula to accomodate Dzeko. All this leading the line bollocks, holding up play claptrap and "targetman" Lordy Lordy. All it means is lumping the ball up field and hoping the tallest bloke is nearby to win it. We don't play like that, we build from the back, ours is a quick passing game and Tevez fits that system better than Dzeko. Horses for courses and all that, he'll get a few games but I don't see him as our No. 1 striker. And don't give me all this too quick to judge bullshit, it's the 'type' of player I'm talking about not the individual.
Praise the Lord! Thanks Hamann, I think you're the first person to agree with me, and you are actually the first to actually understand my point. Co incidence?!

You summed up my point perfectly, it's not that Dzeko is a bad player, it's the TYPE of player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.