Dzeko to Dortmund

Model professional in a system that doesn't work. He's a definite upgrade on Lewandowski. Wih him the best.

sergiokun said:
"Anyone who really believes that a player from Manchester City would be transferred to Borussia Dortmund hasn't understood the BVB business model. Our motto is to develop young players," he told Sport 1.

This was only the other day
@honigstein: Dortmund CEO Watzke told sid that Dzeko story was "total nonsense". (Same words used by Klopp re Sahin deal in early Jan)

I like Edin he's a decent player and never whinged about not playing and done the business when he as come off the bench.

But he doesn't fit into our system and the system which our ex Barca boys want us to play.

You could never imagine Dzeko at Barca and we will now be after someone to fit the system.

Higuain
Falcao
Jovetic
maybe Cavani

Richard said:
I was sat next to Raphael Honigstein at the Manchester United v Real Madrid game on Tuesday, and he confirmed it to me. He knows his stuff about German football so I have no reason to doubt it.

Sad really. Expect Cavani or Falcao to replace.

Does Raphael honestly expect if he knows his stuff as you say he does that Dortmund would offer anywhere near 20mill for Dzeko?

Gone are the days when we will take a major hit on a player we forked out more than 20 mill on.

They would be crazy to offer 25 mill for him and anybody who knows their history knows they won't now when they could have got him for 10 mill even less form Wolsburg two years.

They have only ever in their rich history despite success in Europe and in the domestic front paid more than 10mill for a player on one occasion.

Surely selling Dzeko (and Balotelli) before bringing in replacements means those that we want will now cost more because the selling team has leverage to hold ot?

Andouble said:
Surely selling Dzeko (and Balotelli) before bringing in replacements means those that we want will now cost more because the selling team has leverage to hold ot?

Selling clubs will always hold out to the highest bidder notwithstanding the players desire to join the club and sides like PSG , Chelsea and us will always have to pay more than they would sell their players to other sides.

Its always the case if a player really is keen if not " desperate " to leave us then we will do what we can to accommodate but FFP and other constraints mean that we have to have our valuation met which now should be more than what we paid for the player.

jayfx said:
Churchill123 said:
ecviper said:
Will be sad to see him go. A great guy, didn't give up when not picked and when he was tried his best and saved our asses a few times.

Exactly this mate! - I echo every word of that! - A true professional if you ask me..

Even the word "asses"? :D

Especially asses

The main positive about selling before buying is you can convince the high profile names they'll be a priority instead of just an 'option'.

The Manchester City striker has previously revealed he will one day return to Bundesliga, but the German champions' manager insists he will not be arriving at Westfalenstadion

Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp has dismissed reports linking Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko with a move to the Bundesliga champions.

The Bosnia international revealed in February that he "would love" a return to Germany after a successful four-year spell with Wolfsburg between 2007 and 2011.

But Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke similarly rejected claims in the press on Tuesday, and now Klopp has followed suit.

"This is total nonsense and no more funny," Klopp told sports news agency SID.

Dzeko scored 85 goals during his time in Bundesliga, and has admitted that infrequent appearances for the Premier League champions could force him to look elsewhere for regular first-team football - despite being City’s top goalscorer this season with 13 goals in all competitions.

And Klopp, regardless of a large financial windfall from Dortmund’s run in the Champions League this term, insists a move for the striker, who cost City £27 million two years ago, would be infeasible for his club.

Klopp, who previously described Dzeko as "extraordinary", added at a press conference on Thursday: "Dzeko is a good player but he is sadly out of our possibilities."

Dortmund’s current first-choice striker, Robert Lewandowski, has long been linked with a move away from Westfalenstadion – with Manchester United reportedly long-term admirers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.