Dzeko to Dortmund

LoveCity said:
JamesA said:
I struggle to see this one, Dzeko will be on £100k at City easily, Dortmund's top earners are on 40-50k. They just can't afford his wages so I just wonder how this deal is gona be made unless they smash their whole wage structure and club ideology. Bayern Munich would be more likely, at least they could afford him.

Signing on fee to compensate for a % of the wages lost over the span of the contract is the usual way around pay cuts. Or a golden handshake from the club the player is departing from but I think we've stopped doing that now.

It would be loaded up front as per usual but after tax and anymore than a three year deal and he would be out of pocket after 6 months for the remaining term.

Reality is like Balotelli he will have to take a huge wage cut unless he goes to PSG or Russia.

Highly unlikely Bayern would offer him the same money as we pay him.

JamesA said:
I struggle to see this one, Dzeko will be on £100k at City easily, Dortmund's top earners are on 40-50k. They just can't afford his wages so I just wonder how this deal is gona be made unless they smash their whole wage structure and club ideology. Bayern Munich would be more likely, at least they could afford him.

Well, the top earners in BVB make about 4,5 M euro in a year. This is about 85.000 euro p/w. Or about 75.000 pund p/w.

A nice sign-on-fee, and he´ll be on the same money as he is at City.

@m_christenson: #Mancini talking to Gazzetta abt #Dzeko: 'A great player but with his physique he needs to play all the time. Worth more than €20m' #MCFC

Doesn't fit our system.

I'll be buzzing if we sell him for 20m+.

That'll be 40m proceeds from the sales of him and the Village Idiot to play with.

borat_nice-1_medium.jpg

its clear both parties want this deal we just need to hope that agents don't fuck this deal up like the bayern one apparently... similar with the hazard deal

Edin Dzeko's hopes of a return to the Bundesliga this summer have been dashed by Borussia Dortmund's policy on ages and wages.

The Manchester City striker was reported to be on the verge of heading back to Germany, but Sportsmail can reveal that Dortmund have slammed the door on his chances of being a long-term replacement for Robert Lewandowski.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289748/Dortmund-balk-Manchester-Citys-25m-price-tag-Edin-Dzeko.html#ixzz2MuGsCfP2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2MuGsCfP2</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You gotta love the - "Sportsmail can reveal" line, lol... we have read some stuff from dortmund chiefs, let's pretend we know more :)

This line is very important though:

If that wasn't enough to put them off, they flatly refuse even to consider personal terms that would wreck their pay structure and risk alienating key players like Mario Goetze and Marco Reus, who are on barely half as much.

I see this deal happening, yes he might be earning more than everyone at the club but if they want to stay where they will have to pay.

Dzeko is a guaranteed goal machine.

Can't think of any strikers better than Lewandoski who are going to go to Dortmund and be paid 50k a week when they know they can go elsewhere and be paid more.

No, no, no!

Why? We need a player like him, tall and strong. I can't make a squad just with little strikers like Barcelona because we play at PREMIER LEAGUE, not at La bullshit Liga. Until Barcelona miss a striker like him (or Ibrahimovic) in matches against psychically strong teams (Celtic, Madrid, ACMilan).

Cavani? Yes, a nice player but, to spend 40m in a player that will be benched by Tevez and Aguero... is stupid.

That's my opinion

Edin_Dzeko_2150668c.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.