Dzeko to win Player of the Season?

city91 said:
Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:
Are you seriously comparing Tevez's contribution in our 2012 title winning season to Dzeko's this season?

Tevez came back for a few matches had a couple of good games but never really outperformed Kun or even Mario for that matter.

Edin has been out best striker for half a season and without his goals we may have even finished 4th.

We wouldn't have won the league without Tevez in 2012 and we wouldn't have won the league without Dzeko in 2014. Neither deserved POTS though.

That's a valid point but you could say the same about Lescott this season or even Pantillimon. Those would have been far more comparable to Tevez's contribution from 2012 than Dzeko's this season.

Dzeko is easily in our top 5 players of the season just for the importance of his goals. After Kun he is our best striker.

Well it's down to opinion how big Tevez's impact was, but I remember him giving the whole team a lift when he came back after we'd gone a bit stale. The Chelsea game stands out in particular where we were losing, he came on and changed the game and we won. He was also brilliant in the West Brom and Norwich games where we scored ten goals in two games, which essentially was the difference between winning the league and coming second.

Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:
Shaelumstash said:
We wouldn't have won the league without Tevez in 2012 and we wouldn't have won the league without Dzeko in 2014. Neither deserved POTS though.

That's a valid point but you could say the same about Lescott this season or even Pantillimon. Those would have been far more comparable to Tevez's contribution from 2012 than Dzeko's this season.

Dzeko is easily in our top 5 players of the season just for the importance of his goals. After Kun he is our best striker.

Well it's down to opinion how big Tevez's impact was, but I remember him giving the whole team a lift when he came back after we'd gone a bit stale. The Chelsea game stands out in particular where we were losing, he came on and changed the game and we won. He was also brilliant in the West Brom and Norwich games where we scored ten goals in two games, which essentially was the difference between winning the league and coming second.

Either way its still ridiculous to compare a player who gave the team a lift and performed well in 2 games to our best striker in the second half of the season.

city91 said:
Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:

Either way its still ridiculous to compare a player who gave the team a lift and performed well in 2 games to our best striker in the second half of the season.

Well I think it's equally ridiculous to claim a player who couldn't get in the team before xmas and had a few good games at the end of the season deserves to win Player of the Season ahead of a midfielder who scored more than him, and Silva who had his best season in a City shirt and is probably the 2nd best player ever to play for the club.

Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Well I think it's equally ridiculous to claim a player who couldn't get in the team before xmas and had a few good games at the end of the season deserves to win Player of the Season ahead of a midfielder who scored more than him, and Silva who had his best season in a City shirt and is probably the 2nd best player ever to play for the club.

Ha ha brilliant

Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Don't know who you think you are throwing around logic like that.

Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Well it's down to opinion how big Tevez's impact was, but I remember him giving the whole team a lift when he came back after we'd gone a bit stale. The Chelse.a game stands out in particular where we were losing, he came on and changed the game and we won. He was also brilliant in the West Brom and Norwich games where we scored ten goals in two games, which essentially was the difference between winning the league and coming second.

Who said he deserves to win it ?? Its quite obvious that Yaya should win it. Dzeko scored more goals than Yaya, and scoring 26 goals for a player who couldnt get into the team before xmas its not that bad...

adorado30 said:
Shaelumstash said:
city91 said:

Who said he deserves to win it ?? Its quite obvious that Yaya should win it. Dzeko scored more goals than Yaya, and scoring 26 goals for a player who couldnt get into the team before xmas its not that bad...

Thousands of Bosnian fans on facebook (which is where the POTS vote is happening).

Shaelumstash said:
adorado30 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Thousands of Bosnian fans on facebook (which is where the POTS vote is happening).

Why dont you ring the club then rather than cryin on here for days now... Do you have a problem with Dzeko being on the list, or do you have a problem with the voting system that is run by the club ?

adorado30 said:
Shaelumstash said:
adorado30 said:

Why dont you ring the club then rather than cryin on here for days now... Do you have a problem with Dzeko being on the list, or do you have a problem with the voting system that is run by the club ?

Crying?? Eh? I don't have a problem with Dzeko being on the list, it's not his fault. I think the club have been a bit naive to think it will be a fair vote on facebook, but again they've not really done anything wrong.

The only problem I have is with the people who vote for someone for reasons other than who they thought the best player was last season. A dishonest vote will rob the worthy winner of the trophy, which will be a shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.