Dzeko v Balloteli

he doesnt just bring goals though, he makes runs . shifts defenders as they got to watch their bakcs coz if the ball goes over their head there is an aerial presence. this creates space for others.

the main difference for me is he plays like a striker, if a ball is rolling along the goal line it goes in, dzeko is there. ball comes from the wing , there is a presence.

You could see when he came on in madrid the defenders for the first time in the mtch had something to think about.

his build up play is very under rated, he is a target for joe hart and when he is on his game his passing is good as any one, he also spreads the ball to the over lapping wing very quickly and accuratly creating an oppertunity for the whipped in cross.

his problem has been confidence, he has got it now , unleash the dzeko beast.

Mancini gives a lot of leeway to Balotelli because of his past with him if he did the same with Dzeko Dzeko would be playing every game and scoring 30+ goals a season

They both need 90mins a week under their belts and unfortunately they aren't gonna get it. Both have little recent history of showing a consistent streak other than a consistently unpredictable one! Whichever one comes on, twenty mins later yer left wishing it had been t'other un!

waspish said:
Mancini gives a lot of leeway to Balotelli because of his past with him if he did the same with Dzeko Dzeko would be playing every game and scoring 30+ goals a season

THIS!!!

Sick of the Mancini, Balotelli love affair. Wouldn't mind if the arm around the shoulder was working, it just makes Mancini look like a dick.

Well. Mancini has said that his patience with Mario is 'endless'.

So as long as Bobby is here, Mario will more than likely get the nod ahead of Edin 9/10.

I think that with out a shadow of a doubt, it should be Dzeko above Balloteli.

As a proud Bosnian and Edin Dzeko supporter, I believe that Dzeko has now earned his right to start mathes. And I'm not just saying that because I am biased.

Let's consider a few facts. Dzeko has already scored two goals for city this season. He has then gone on to score four goals in our two international world cup qualifiers. Mancini decides that he should still start on the bench against Stoke and opted for Balloteli up front. We all saw that Balotelli had absolutely no impact on the game what so ever and Dzeko is introduced into the game for the final 3 min. He nearly wins it with a great lob over Begovic but is unlucky with the last second clearance of the line. In the game against Madrid, he comes on in the second half and has an immediate impact with a cool finish for city to take the lead. (I thought City were unlucky not to get anything out of that game).

Dzeko's weakness is his confidence. If he is low on confidence it becomes clearly evident on the pitch. However, if he is high on confidence then I personally think he is up there with the top strikes in the world. Right no he is buzzing. If he is scoring then it's simple: play him!

If Mancini puts him on the bench again on Sunday, I will begin to seriously doubt his capacity as a world class manager.

really a great dilemma for Mancini

start a donkey so he would not lose his confidence . or start a world class player.

I guess he will be really confused.

Dzekofan said:
If Mancini puts him on the bench again on Sunday, I will begin to seriously doubt his capacity as a world class manager.

But could you not say the same if he left Tevez or Aguero on the bench? He can only pick two or else the team becomes unbalanced. Whichever of the three misses out, it will seem unfair on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.