Dzeko VS Negredo

Zlatan said:
chris85mcfc said:
Zlatan said:
Who will spend more time on the bench with mr. Pellegrini is YET to be seen.
Mancini said on Dzeko when city sacked him:
Napoli would get a great striker who gets 25 a season and only has one defect — that he wants to play in every game.’ ( Nobody forced Mancini to tell that and it was confirmed by all media Sky Italia and all the bigest so i guess he dont have so bad opinion about him after all ).
What was your question i would gladly answer it ?

My question to you was why has he not started as many games as you think he should? It can only be for one reason and that is that he isn't good enough to start every game in our team. And if he is as good as you say he is then he only has himself to blame for not adapting himself properly.

Forget what Mancini said about Napoli. He had the opportunity for two years to play him regularly, but he didn't. WHY????

BECAUSE HE ISN'T AS GOOD AS YOU THINK

THE answer is SIMPLE.

He didnt because in his start City was the ONLY team in the world to have 4 star strikers. I dont know if there was a team with 3 star strikers. With 2 there are manyyyyyy. So the answer was his position was overcrowded. Bad planing but i think they wanted to sold Tevez but not cheap. And who would by a player who that time left his club-too big risk for the most beside PSG maybe.The plan was Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli and that was hard to implament. Then there was Munchen accident and they didint sold Tevez, but did bought Aguero as a precaution. All of this 4 players are in reality to good to be on the bench. So everybody knew at least one will be spold and that had happened.
This year the same. It should of be: Aguero, Dzeko or Negredo, Jovetic, Guidetti,, more than enough. again overcrowded, I hope i dont have to draw it.
Overcrowded means that all 4 gets less playing time than 3 + young striker. That is the reason he was sub, not that he was bad. Tell me why was Balotelli was the sub., and now he is not. Was it because Balotelli was a BAD player ?? ( or maybe the same reason ? )
Oh yes and OZIL he must be BAD player because he was going to be a SUB in Real Madrid this year. ( like u say IT MUST BE THAT ).

So after the Munich incident, and when Tevez was away from the club for about six months, where was Dzeko? He obviously didn't stand up and make the starting place his own because as soon as Tevez came back he was back in the team.....and we won the league!

I think the fact that Madrid still managed to get £45 million for a player that may not have got many games for them this season shows how good Ozil is. Like a previous poster said, if we could get £15 million for Dzeko in January I would snap their hands off.

Zlatan said:
chris85mcfc said:
Zlatan said:
Who will spend more time on the bench with mr. Pellegrini is YET to be seen.
Mancini said on Dzeko when city sacked him:
Napoli would get a great striker who gets 25 a season and only has one defect — that he wants to play in every game.’ ( Nobody forced Mancini to tell that and it was confirmed by all media Sky Italia and all the bigest so i guess he dont have so bad opinion about him after all ).
What was your question i would gladly answer it ?

My question to you was why has he not started as many games as you think he should? It can only be for one reason and that is that he isn't good enough to start every game in our team. And if he is as good as you say he is then he only has himself to blame for not adapting himself properly.

Forget what Mancini said about Napoli. He had the opportunity for two years to play him regularly, but he didn't. WHY????

THE answer is SIMPLE.

He didnt because in his start City was the ONLY team in the world to have 4 star strikers. I dont know if there was a team with 3 star strikers. With 2 there are manyyyyyy. So the answer was his position was overcrowded. Bad planing but i think they wanted to sold Tevez but not cheap. And who would by a player who that time left his club-too big risk for the most beside PSG maybe.The plan was Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli and that was hard to implement. Then there was Munchen accident and they didint sold Tevez, but did bought Aguero as a precaution. All of this 4 players are in reality to good to be on the bench. So everybody knew at least one will be sold and that had happened.
This year the same. It should of be: Aguero, Dzeko or Negredo, Jovetic, Guidetti,, more than enough. again overcrowded, I hope i dont have to draw it.
Overcrowded means that all 4 gets less playing time than 3 + young striker. That is the reason he was sub, not that he was bad. Tell me why was Balotelli the sub., and now he is not. Was it because Balotelli was a BAD player ?? ( or maybe the same reason ? )
Oh yes and OZIL he must be BAD player because he was going to be a SUB in ( overcrowded CM position )Real Madrid this year. ( like u said IT MUST BE THAT ).
No we didn't

Blue Theatre said:
Dzeko is the oddest of enigmas ... someone who doesn't have a good touch and misses a hatful of chances each game ... and yet, still keeps being on the end of moves to get those chances, game after game, and keeps scoring.
And scoring is something we're told is the hardest thing in football - an art-form that very few players in the world can do consistently - yet Dzeko can do it for fun.

My feeling (for what it's worth) in the Dzeko / Negredo debate is that if Dzeko played all season rather than Negredo, then he wouldn't play as well as Negredo, and he would infuriate people on a regular basis ... but at the end of the season, he would have a hatful of goals, and more goals than Negredo would have had. He could even be top-scorer in the Premier League, whilst being the worst controller and passer of a football on the pitch most weeks.

I suppose this is why Dzeko divides opinion more than anyone on this forum ?

You have a good point mate. And I reckon that he would have more goals than Negredo. But on the flipside do Dzeko's performances prevent the rest of the teams scoring goals ie slowing moves down, giving the ball away, poor touch etc.

I think in the scenario where Negredo plays all season, we score more goals and win more games. But its all guess work based on what I've seen. I guess we will never know for sure!

chris85mcfc said:
Zlatan said:
chris85mcfc said:

THE answer is SIMPLE.

He didnt because in his start City was the ONLY team in the world to have 4 star strikers. I dont know if there was a team with 3 star strikers. With 2 there are manyyyyyy. So the answer was his position was overcrowded. Bad planing but i think they wanted to sold Tevez but not cheap. And who would by a player who that time left his club-too big risk for the most beside PSG maybe.The plan was Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli and that was hard to implament. Then there was Munchen accident and they didint sold Tevez, but did bought Aguero as a precaution. All of this 4 players are in reality to good to be on the bench. So everybody knew at least one will be spold and that had happened.
Overcrowded means that all 4 gets less playing time than 3 + young striker. That is the reason he was sub, not that he was bad. Tell me why was Balotelli was the sub., and now he is not. Was it because Balotelli was a BAD player ?? ( or maybe the same reason ? )
Oh yes and OZIL he must be BAD player because he was going to be a SUB in Real Madrid this year. ( like u say IT MUST BE THAT ).

So after the Munich incident, and when Tevez was away from the club for about six months, where was Dzeko? He obviously didn't stand up and make the starting place his own because as soon as Tevez came back he was back in the team.....and we won the league!

I think the fact that Madrid still managed to get £45 million for a player that may not have got many games for them this season shows how good Ozil is. Like a previous poster said, if we could get £15 million for Dzeko in January I would snap their hands off.

Tevez was playing last 6 games on freshnes. ( He was in great shape when the majority of players in all clubs were on the verge of their forces ).
He was Mancinis joker that other coaches did not have. That does not mean that Tevez is bad player. Because I think he is better than Dzeko.
And to tell something new to all of you the player that i most liked in city beside Dzeko was Tevez. I liked everything about him. Determination, skils , celebretaions. He was first player that cought my atention after 15 min of watching first city game. Now that player is Aguero.
Dzeko " I think " scored 14 goals that season. If there was not Tevez on the beginning and the end he would of score 20 goals. Which is more than decent for a team of 3 STAR STRIKERS ( Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli ).
But everything was fair at the end, and Aguero and Dzeko have won the league by their goals ( although Dzeko was sub for i think 75 min). Those two were the ones who took the bigest burden in majority of games. He managed to score. Which just shows how much he respects City and fans. He put City in front of his own interest, knowing Mancini would probably sub him next year again, but if City had lost he would be probably sacked one year before. IF Negredo ( now ) , or Tevez ( then ) hipoteticly were on the bench that long, i am not sure they will give everything to save the manager they dont like. Maybe they would chose their interest before the clubs.

Player Analysis

Stats: Who Should Partner Aguero Against Bayern – Dzeko Or Negredo?

By Oli Price-BatesPosted on October 2, 2013 Sergio Aguero
Sharing the striker role in Manchester City’s 4-2-3-1 so far this season, Alvaro Negredo and Edin Dzeko both have their positives, but who should for Pellegrini’s men? We take a look at the stats. Incidentally in Saturday’s 3-2 defeat against Aston Villa, both strikers were selected due to Sergio Aguero’s absence. When the Argentine returns, there will only be space for one of them, and with Stevan Jovetic waiting to make his mark, both players will have to work extremely hard for a first team spot, but who deserves it?

With Sergio Aguero behind them, both strikers have the luxury of a top quality creative forward constantly providing opportunities. Not only does Aguero offer this, but also his energetic style drags defenders and midfielders out of position, giving the main forward more space.

Edin Dzeko seemed certain to leave City this summer, but since Mancini left the player has been boosted by Pellegrini’s faith in him and exit talk has dampened for now. Instead of sulking the Bosnia international striker has fought for his place under the new manager and started the season as the main man. With two league goals in 292 minutes this season, he comes in slightly more prolific than Negredo who has also scored two but in 332 minutes.

Dzeko has taken almost twice as many shots (17) as Negredo (10) and the Bosnian also boasts an impressive 47% shot accuracy compared to Negredo’s 40%. In terms of duels, both players again are neck and neck. The only notable difference is Dzeko’s success with 53% of his headed duels compared to Negredo who has won just 30%. Almost every statistic is identical, are the strikers too similar?

Go back to last season and the differences begin to show a little. However it is hard to make accurate comparisons with both players playing under completely different circumstances. Not only in different teams and leagues, but also under different managers and whilst Negredo was the focal point in attack at Sevilla, Dzeko struggled to cement a place in Manchester City’s starting line-up.

Despite studying their statistics extensively, neither player has shown a significant advantage over the other. On the other hand you could argue Negredo needs time to fully adapt to the Premier League. The reality is it’s a long season and with the club competing in several competitions, the individual ability both players bring to the squad will play a vital role in the club’s success.

<a class="postlink" href="http://squawka.com/news/2013/10/02/negredo-or-dzeko/2013100223433" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://squawka.com/news/2013/10/02/negr ... 3100223433</a>

Blue Theatre said:
He could even be top-scorer in the Premier League, whilst being the worst controller and passer of a football on the pitch most weeks.

I understand why you say this but what bewilders me is that every so often, he puts in a brilliant performance, not just goal wise but also holding up the attacking play.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
If you're a Bayern Munich defender, who would you prefer to be lining up against tonight? Dzeko or Negredo (who also goes by the mane of 'Beast')?

Simple answer.

Yea, Bayern defenders are shitting their pants, because they call him beast.. I don't think Bayern defenders could give a fuck who they face tonight. This is just another game for them, and they faced much better striker(s) regardless who plays tonight Negredo/Dzeko.

Zlatan said:
chris85mcfc said:
Zlatan said:
THE answer is SIMPLE.

Tevez was playing last 6 games on freshnes. ( He was in great shape when the majority of players in all clubs were on the verge of their forces ).
He was Mancinis joker that other coaches did not have. That does not mean that Tevez is bad player. Because I think he is better than Dzeko.
And to tell something new to all of you the player that i most liked in city beside Dzeko was Tevez. I liked everything about him. Determination, skils , celebretaions. He was first player that cought my atention after 15 min of watching first city game. Now that player is Aguero.
Dzeko " I think " scored 14 goals that season. If there was not Tevez on the beginning and the end he would of score 20 goals. Which is more than decent for a team of 3 STAR STRIKERS ( Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli ).
But everything was fair at the end, and Aguero and Dzeko have won the league by their goals ( although Dzeko was sub for i think 75 min). Those two were the ones who took the bigest burden in majority of games. He managed to score. Which just shows how much he respects City and fans. He put City in front of his own interest, knowing Mancini would probably sub him next year again, but if City had lost he would be probably sacked one year before. IF Negredo ( now ) , or Tevez ( then ) hipoteticly were on the bench that long, i am not sure they will give everything to save the manager they dont like. Maybe they would chose their interest before the clubs.

I agree with you that he scored a fair amount of goals in 2011-12 considering the amount of games he played, albeit 4 of those 14 coming in one game. The fact is Mancini bought him because of the ability he showed while he was at Wolfsburg, but he hasn't shown that since he has been at City. I don't expect him to play like a world class striker every week, because he isn't one, but he should make up for his short falls with hard work and showing a bit of hunger and determination whilst on the pitch, like Tevez (who had his short falls) used to do, and like Negredo does now.

The main gripe that City fans have with him is that he shows a lack of hunger when he is given a chance. He needs to start taking his chances and performing for 90 minutes.

Pam said:
Blue Theatre said:
He could even be top-scorer in the Premier League, whilst being the worst controller and passer of a football on the pitch most weeks.

I understand why you say this but what bewilders me is that every so often, he puts in a brilliant performance, not just goal wise but also holding up the attacking play.

It should not. He shows great plays, because he have it in him. He can dribble and have good passes sometimes. He just is not so good at it and can be slightly better if his confidence is high. ( which is by playing ),
But if I was the coach for me he would not been doing it. For me he would be mostly in the box scoring goals, but he would need to improve 2,3 things which are easier to improve than tehnique. He would need to improve his pace and he would need ti improve his headers, he should fight for every one and be stronger when he won them and he would for me need to attack more oponent defenders when they try to build their attack. Al this is easier to change than his firs touch.

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 pm --

chris85mcfc said:
Zlatan said:
chris85mcfc said:

I agree with you that he scored a fair amount of goals in 2011-12 considering the amount of games he played, albeit 4 of those 14 coming in one game. The fact is Mancini bought him because of the ability he showed while he was at Wolfsburg, but he hasn't shown that since he has been at City. I don't expect him to play like a world class striker every week, because he isn't one, but he should make up for his short falls with hard work and showing a bit of hunger and determination whilst on the pitch, like Tevez (who had his short falls) used to do, and like Negredo does now.

The main gripe that City fans have with him is that he shows a lack of hunger when he is given a chance. He needs to start taking his chances and performing for 90 minutes.

AND HE IS SHOWING EXACTLY THAT THIS YEAR. Haven you seen the difference i have ????
( from Newcastle to Carling cup game, which most players would not ).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.