Dzeko VS Negredo

chris85mcfc said:
Blue Theatre said:
Dzeko is the oddest of enigmas ... someone who doesn't have a good touch and misses a hatful of chances each game ... and yet, still keeps being on the end of moves to get those chances, game after game, and keeps scoring.
And scoring is something we're told is the hardest thing in football - an art-form that very few players in the world can do consistently - yet Dzeko can do it for fun.

My feeling (for what it's worth) in the Dzeko / Negredo debate is that if Dzeko played all season rather than Negredo, then he wouldn't play as well as Negredo, and he would infuriate people on a regular basis ... but at the end of the season, he would have a hatful of goals, and more goals than Negredo would have had. He could even be top-scorer in the Premier League, whilst being the worst controller and passer of a football on the pitch most weeks.

I suppose this is why Dzeko divides opinion more than anyone on this forum ?

You have a good point mate. And I reckon that he would have more goals than Negredo. But on the flipside do Dzeko's performances prevent the rest of the teams scoring goals ie slowing moves down, giving the ball away, poor touch etc.

I think in the scenario where Negredo plays all season, we score more goals and win more games. But its all guess work based on what I've seen. I guess we will never know for sure!

I can answer that! Over the last two full seasons (all competitions), City scored an average of 2.28 goals per game when Dzeko was on the pitch, 1.99 goals per game when Tevez was on the pitch, and 1.98 goals per game when Aguero was on the pitch. So for the last two seasons at least, Dzeko's performances haven't seemed to prevent the rest of the team from scoring goals.

adorado30 said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
If you're a Bayern Munich defender, who would you prefer to be lining up against tonight? Dzeko or Negredo (who also goes by the mane of 'Beast')?

Simple answer.

Yea, Bayern defenders are shitting their pants, because they call him beast.. I don't think Bayern defenders could give a fuck who they face tonight. This is just another game for them, and they faced much better striker(s) regardless who plays tonight Negredo/Dzeko.

I was joking by adding his nickname. I can guarantee if you're a Bayern defender you would rather face Dzeko, as Negredo will run them ragged and be in their face all night. You're a fucking idiot if you think otherwise. And who are these 'much' better strikers they have faced? They sure as hell don't face them on a weekly base in the Bundesliga. I'd be interested in hearing what strikers are out there at the moment that are operating at a level that is current;y 'much better' than Negredo is. You joker.

CaliforniaBlue said:
chris85mcfc said:
Blue Theatre said:
Dzeko is the oddest of enigmas ... someone who doesn't have a good touch and misses a hatful of chances each game ... and yet, still keeps being on the end of moves to get those chances, game after game, and keeps scoring.
And scoring is something we're told is the hardest thing in football - an art-form that very few players in the world can do consistently - yet Dzeko can do it for fun.

My feeling (for what it's worth) in the Dzeko / Negredo debate is that if Dzeko played all season rather than Negredo, then he wouldn't play as well as Negredo, and he would infuriate people on a regular basis ... but at the end of the season, he would have a hatful of goals, and more goals than Negredo would have had. He could even be top-scorer in the Premier League, whilst being the worst controller and passer of a football on the pitch most weeks.

You have a good point mate. And I reckon that he would have more goals than Negredo. But on the flipside do Dzeko's performances prevent the rest of the teams scoring goals ie slowing moves down, giving the ball away, poor touch etc.

I think in the scenario where Negredo plays all season, we score more goals and win more games. But its all guess work based on what I've seen. I guess we will never know for sure!

I can answer that! Over the last two full seasons (all competitions), City scored an average of 2.28 goals per game when Dzeko was on the pitch, 1.99 goals per game when Tevez was on the pitch, and 1.98 goals per game when Aguero was on the pitch. So for the last two seasons at least, Dzeko's performances haven't seemed to prevent the rest of the team from scoring goals.

I suppose then the question is of those games Dzeko has scored those 2.28 goals, how many points per game have we taken? I'm sure I heard a stat the other day that said we haven't lost a game where Aguero has scored. If that is correct then that is some stat!!

I'm not in the anti-Dzeko camp at all. He is a City player and I want what is best for the team. Personally, I just think from what I have seen, that Negredo is a better fit for us in terms of his all round play. He will score us goals but he will also make plenty with his movement, plus the hunger he has shown in games so far is great to see.

adorado30 said:
If you're a Bayern Munich defender, who would you prefer to be lining up against tonight? Dzeko or Negredo (who also goes by the mane of 'Beast')?

Simple answer.

Yea, Bayern defenders are shitting their pants, because they call him beast.. I don't think Bayern defenders could give a fuck who they face tonight. This is just another game for them, and they faced much better striker(s) regardless who plays tonight Negredo/Dzeko.

I was joking by adding his nickname. I can guarantee if you're a Bayern defender you would rather face Dzeko, as Negredo will run them ragged and be in their face all night. You're a fucking idiot if you think otherwise. And who are these 'much' better strikers they have faced? They sure as hell don't face them on a weekly base in the Bundesliga. I'd be interested in hearing what strikers are out there at the moment that are operating at a level that is current;y 'much better' than Negredo is. You joker.

Than it MUST be true if you can guarantee that. Based on what. I cant guarantee what they think but i am very sure that bayern defenders have huge respect for Dzeko. As for Negredo i really dont now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.focus.de/fotos/mario-mandzukic-m-und-jerome-boateng-treffen-auf-den-ex-wolfsburger_mid_1346621.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.focus.de/fotos/mario-mandzuk ... 46621.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8566123.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8566123.stm</a> ( 9 th picture, and just read what autor said, Dante was great that night against Dzeko he only scored him 2 goals )

<a class="postlink" href="http://undiesboyssoccer.blogspot.com/2013/08/edin-dzeko.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://undiesboyssoccer.blogspot.com/20 ... dzeko.html</a> and here Dante was to late for changing a kit. Better luck next time kid :)

adorado30 said:

Simple answer.

If you remember Bayern won everything last year there was to win, so i am sure they faced more then enough of great strikers. They demolished Juve and fucking Barca who even didnt score a goal over 4 games. You are fucking idiot for making Negredo the next fucking Messi. He's had one exceptional season (last year), Negredo is a great player and i love his work rate, but running all game long and as you say being in their faces don't mean shit end of the day if you dont win the game, does it ?

adorado30 said:
adorado30 said:

If you remember Bayern won everything last year there was to win, so i am sure they faced more then enough of great strikers. They demolished Juve and fucking Barca who even didnt score a goal over 4 games. You are fucking idiot for making Negredo the next fucking Messi. He's had one exceptional season (last year), Negredo is a great player and i love his work rate, but running all game long and as you say being in their faces don't mean shit end of the day if you dont win the game, does it ?

I do happen to remember that Bayern are European Champions, funny enough. I was just curious to hear who you think is/was operating at a much higher level than Negredo is at the minute. I noticed to didn't bother to answer that.

CaliforniaBlue said:
chris85mcfc said:
Blue Theatre said:

Its a myth the dzeko haters like to perpetuate. he does not contribute at all. hes selfish you proved time and time again that he actually provides the team more goals. but dont worry they will avoid it and just keep on banging why neg is better ect.

I'll be gob smacked if Dzeko starts tonight.

It will be either

Negrado Aguero

or

Aguero Jovetic

adorado30 said:

I do happen to remember that Bayern are European Champions, funny enough. I was just curious to hear who you think is/was operating at a much higher level than Negredo is at the minute. I noticed to didn't bother to answer that.

Was he operating at much higher level at their last game vs Villa ?
Or he just operates that way on big derbies with Aguero alongside him ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.