Dzeko VS Negredo

chris85mcfc said:
AntiUnited said:
cheddar404 said:
We have never lost a game that Joe Hart has scored in either. It's another one of those titbits that doesn't really tell you much.

would be interesting if that was neg with those stats. i bet you would say the same thing ?

I would say the same thing if Negredo spent half the game giving the ball away or lying on his ass with his hands in the air. But as of yet all I've seen Negredo do is score goals, look threatening and working hard for the team.

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:26 pm --

adorado30 said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
I do happen to remember that Bayern are European Champions, funny enough. I was just curious to hear who you think is/was operating at a much higher level than Negredo is at the minute. I noticed to didn't bother to answer that.

What the fuck is operating "at a much higher level at the minute" then any other striker around European leagues ? What is he doing that is so special ? want the team only to win fucking games, games and more games, regardless of how we play.

Why do you keep swearing? Literally haven't read a post in the last half hour where you haven't sworn every 3 or 4 words. Shows a lack of intelligence in my opinion :)

Fuck off, this is football!
We are all right, except Zlakan (or what ever his name is), 2-1, tonight for me.

CaliforniaBlue said:
AntiUnited said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
I can answer that! Over the last two full seasons (all competitions), City scored an average of 2.28 goals per game when Dzeko was on the pitch, 1.99 goals per game when Tevez was on the pitch, and 1.98 goals per game when Aguero was on the pitch. So for the last two seasons at least, Dzeko's performances haven't seemed to prevent the rest of the team from scoring goals.

Its a myth the dzeko haters like to perpetuate. he does not contribute at all. hes selfish you proved time and time again that he actually provides the team more goals. but dont worry they will avoid it and just keep on banging why neg is better ect.

In the interest of fairness, I should also note that over the last 2 seasons we've conceded more goals with Dzeko on the pitch than with Aguero or Tevez (1.13 goals per game for Dzeko, 0.86 for Aguero, and 0.82 for Tevez), which surprised me at first, because Dzeko seems to offer a lot more defensively from set pieces. I assume the reason has something to do with the way we've played when Aguero and/or Tevez were on the pitch - a slower, more possession-based style which perhaps denies the opposition chances better than a big guy on a corner.

Interestingly, if you look at the difference between team goals scored and conceded (i.e. goal difference when each striker was on the pitch), all three have almost the same number; +1.12 for Aguero, +1.17 for Tevez, and +1.15 for Dzeko.

I'm currently keeping track of all these stats (and more) for this season, so it'll be interesting to look at Negredo's stats at the end of the season in comparison to Aguero and Dzeko (we haven't played enough games yet for this season's numbers to be meaningful).

i recon it will be the same man. Its a myth people love saying he does not pass the ball. he does nothing they make him sound like a disabled person by some accounts compared to the other strikers. and yet he keeps just scoring goals.

AntiUnited said:
chris85mcfc said:
AntiUnited said:
would be interesting if that was neg with those stats. i bet you would say the same thing ?

I would say the same thing if Negredo spent half the game giving the ball away or lying on his ass with his hands in the air. But as of yet all I've seen Negredo do is score goals, look threatening and working hard for the team.

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:26 pm --

adorado30 said:
What the fuck is operating "at a much higher level at the minute" then any other striker around European leagues ? What is he doing that is so special ? want the team only to win fucking games, games and more games, regardless of how we play.

Why do you keep swearing? Literally haven't read a post in the last half hour where you haven't sworn every 3 or 4 words. Shows a lack of intelligence in my opinion :)

you make it sound like dzeko does fukiun nothing for the team some 1 mentioned he makes the team score more stats wise. he actually fukin scores goals in games. and he does pass the ball. so i dont know u are talking about. you must be watching a totally diff city side. cuz every game this season he has put a shift in.
Pellegrini’s angst was evident during the game. With Villa struggling to find a way back into the match, 2-1 down in the second-half, Edin Dzeko was dumped on his backside near the manager’s dug-out.

The Bosnia international was taking his time rising from the turf. His manager was gesturing frantically for him to stop feeling sorry for himself and get back in the game.

And we all remember Liverpool last season...

adorado30 said:
I do happen to remember that Bayern are European Champions, funny enough. I was just curious to hear who you think is/was operating at a much higher level than Negredo is at the minute. I noticed to didn't bother to answer that.

Why do you keep swearing? Literally haven't read a post in the last half hour where you haven't sworn every 3 or 4 words. Shows a lack of intelligence in my opinion :)[/quote]

We are all right, except Zlakan (or what ever his name is), 2-1, tonight for me.[/quote]

You dont know the name of Worlds best CF ?

@BluePhil8 said:
It says it all really.

Any neutral City fan who has followed the club through thick and thin will say he is a good player, who is inconsistent. We have no reason to side with any of our forwards, none of them are English, they are all foreign. Why would we just isolate Dzeko for unfair criticism? We wouldn't.

It's only the posters from the Balkans who pull up these obscure stats as to why he is secretly the best player we have ever had. It just does my head in now and the quality of the forum has gone down hill so fast. Their are essentially three factions now; Dzeko lovers, Mancini lovers and Mancini outers. Most threads just descend into personal slanging matches between the three.

Can't wait for Dzeko to leave and Pellegrini to start winning trophies so everyone can just fuck off and be happy.

Not sure if this is aimed at me (I don't bother with these Dzeko threads much anymore, so I might have missed something) but I'm not Balkan, and the team goals stat is far from obscure. It might not be used in football (yet), but it's a great way to measure a player's overall impact on team performance. It's been an important stat in the NHL for decades and is also used in the NBA - look up "plus-minus" on Wikipedia.

Zlatan said:
adorado30 said:

We are all right, except Zlakan (or what ever his name is), 2-1, tonight for me.[/quote]

You dont know the name of Worlds best CF ?[/quote]

Zlatan just fuck off...

CaliforniaBlue said:
@BluePhil8 said:
It says it all really.

Any neutral City fan who has followed the club through thick and thin will say he is a good player, who is inconsistent. We have no reason to side with any of our forwards, none of them are English, they are all foreign. Why would we just isolate Dzeko for unfair criticism? We wouldn't.

It's only the posters from the Balkans who pull up these obscure stats as to why he is secretly the best player we have ever had. It just does my head in now and the quality of the forum has gone down hill so fast. Their are essentially three factions now; Dzeko lovers, Mancini lovers and Mancini outers. Most threads just descend into personal slanging matches between the three.

Can't wait for Dzeko to leave and Pellegrini to start winning trophies so everyone can just fuck off and be happy.

Not sure if this is aimed at me (I don't bother with these Dzeko threads much anymore, so I might have missed something) but I'm not Balkan, and the team goals stat is far from obscure. It might not be used in football (yet), but it's a great way to measure a player's overall impact on team performance. It's been an important stat in the NHL for decades and is also used in the NBA - look up "plus-minus" on Wikipedia.
Sorry, not referring to you in particular.

There just seems to be a trend of "he's not shit because X, Y and Z" rather than people actually just watching him on the pitch.

adorado30 said:
Zlatan said:
adorado30 said:

We are all right, except Zlakan (or what ever his name is), 2-1, tonight for me.

Zlatan just fuck off...[/quote]

And why is that, mr. nice guy ?
Have i offended you in any way ?

Zlatan said:
adorado30 said:

Falcao?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.