Dzeko, what's his next move?

not only are we in pre season but were also in a transition phase of manager. pelegrini had to go back to chile so has only spent a couple of weeks max with the players. we have 4 friendlies left and well start working on our play not just fitness once we go to the audi cup. south Africa and china are all about pr and training in places with higher humidity to get our players fit for next season. don't read into these games at all

I can really only see him being a bit part player and cant see him being happy doing that, think if 25m was offered I would sell....

I used to love Dzeko, but I have lost my patience. We should look for better options, i.e. Ibrahimovic. If we were to look at a younger striker, Luis Muriel and Mauro Icardi are both quality.

PistonBlue said:
Kladze said:
I used to love Dzeko, but I have lost my patience.

Why?
This is only my opinion, but I don't think he is as lethal anymore, and he doesn't look bothered when he is on the field. He had/has one of the worst first touches I've ever seen and he lost the ball or stopped our counter attacks an endless amount of times last season. I think we should be looking at strikers who are better with their backs to the goal. I think he has lost his patience too, as his presence is not the same as it was in the 11/12 season. If Pelle can get the best out of Dzeko, and he starts scoring lots, I wouldn't be sad to see him stay, but I really think we should at least consider selling him if we can get a decent bid, and look elsewhere for a replacement, i.e. the ones above.

I know many will disagree, and this is only my opinion.

Kladze said:
I used to love Dzeko, but I have lost my patience. We should look for better options, i.e. Ibrahimovic. If we were to look at a younger striker, Luis Muriel and Mauro Icardi are both quality.

ibrahimovic will demand extremely high wages, and would go insane if used as a bench warmer.

bluethunder said:
Kladze said:

ibrahimovic will demand extremely high wages, and would go insane if used as a bench warmer.
Lol with Ibtahimovic we can kiss our holistic approach goodbye. We would be worst than Chelsea if we sign him up. I saw video from training today and you can clearly see that the team spirit is high and that they love working under Pellegrini. The jokes are flying around with him and with Chappy. Do we really want to mess that up with that egotistical Swedish asshole?

Theres an article that's currently top of the board on city's newsnow.co.uk <a class="postlink" href="http://triffictottenham.co.uk/spurs-bid-19m-for-edin-dzeko/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://triffictottenham.co.uk/spurs-bid ... din-dzeko/</a>

It says dzeko might be off to spurs. What do ppl think would you take £19m for him? I'm personally a big fan of dzeko and think he could have a big season for us.

BlueMoonoverUS said:
bluethunder said:
Kladze said:

Lol with Ibtahimovic we can kiss our holistic approach goodbye. We would be worst than Chelsea if we sign him up. I saw video from training today and you can clearly see that the team spirit is high and that they love working under Pellegrini. The jokes are flying around with him and with Chappy. Do we really want to mess that up with that egotistical Swedish asshole?
Ibrahimovic is a proven winner, and seems to have settled the last years. He's not as big an asshole anymore as people think. If we bought him, we would compete in every competition, and there would be plenty of matches to play for everyone. Though, to bring in a younger striker (Icardi/Muriel) does look the better option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.